Cars, Trucks, Rods and anything else!

Car Freak

Hello there!

I'm a former member of the British Royal Marines, however I now work in Iraq as a security consultant on a DoD contract.

I have just opened a new online forum for military personnel to discuss their cars, trucks, rods and anything else they may own with 4 wheels. With me working in Iraq, I thought that it would be a good idea to open a board so that the servicemen and woman based in Iraq and Afghanistan could have a place to kick off their boots and talk about their cars, show off their rides and meet fellow enthusiasts.

The board is new so its nothing special yet, but with a little input from the troops it should hopefully develop in to a worthwhile community, a one stop shop so to speak for all your motoring discussion.

The forum is called: Car Forums Online and the link to the site is: http://www.carforums-online.com

If I can encourage just a few of you to join then I'm sure that many more will follow. I plan to market the forum to the troops when I return to Iraq at the end of the month.

Thanks in advance for your participation and I look forward to welcoming some of you to the forum in the future.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Welcome aboard. I have the utmost respect for the Royal Marines. My dad met one on a plane flight this past year, and I have talked to him some. Great man, great service.

On the part of cars, what kind of ride do you have? I'm kinda a car freak myself.

Welcome aboard. I have the utmost respect for the Royal Marines. My dad met one on a plane flight this past year, and I have talked to him some. Great man, great service.

On the part of cars, what kind of ride do you have? I'm kinda a car freak myself.
Firstly, thank you to everyone for the warm welcome!

In reply to your question I personally don't own anything special; actually I own a bog standard 2009 Honda Accord and a 2008 Toyota Vigo Pickup, both bought in Thailand. I am however fascinated by American Muscle cars, hence the new forum. They are awesome, and if I could own one over here (Thailand) then I'd be the first in line to buy something like a Ford Mustang, or Dodge Charger!

I've been living with American soldiers for nearly 6 years now, so I thought that I'd start an online community for them to show off their rides while away from home. Plus it will give me the opportunity to learn more from them by sharing their enthusiasm in cars. I plan to open the board to them when I return to Iraq at the end of the month. In the meantime I'm just trying to create some interesting threads to make them welcome and give them something to build on.

Back