Carry Firearm

SFC

In Arizona and a handful of other states it is legal to carry a firearm in the open on yourself with no permit, and then there is the CCW holders, e.g., myself who carries.

I have carried for over twenty years and one was in the state of Kalifornia, for my job I have went through a slew of firearms. The ones I feel most comfortable with are either the Sig P220 in .45 Caliber or the Sig P245 in .45 Caliber.

Yes Sir! any where you want with a few exceptions, i.e., Federal Buildings, Financial Facilities, Hospitals, or any establishment that has posted No Fire Arms Allowed. Gun shops will allow the fire arms as long as they are not loaded.

SFC

USAOwnz said:
You can carry a firearm in the open? I need to move to AZ!
Most all states in the Union allow concealed carry (with permit), and quite a few allow carry in the open. Check this link to find out your state laws. RKBA recently won a big victory and our nation’s capital Washington D.C. has now allowed people to CCW. Crime rates were way too high and even the FBI could attest to the fact that guns would deter crime. Score one for the rights of the people in the United States. Hoorah!

Virtute et Armis

Just because your state offers a CCW doesn't mean you'll get one. The CCW is usually given to you by the Sheriff or some other figure like him. In MD they have CCW permits, but just because you apply for it doesn't mean you'll get it. Usually you have to be important and need to protection and that's when they'll issue you the CCW.

Most states have a "shall issue" policy. Some even allow you to get your license through the mail if you want. Only states like New York and the People’s Republik of Kalifornia give you a hard time. Getting CCWs in America is only going to get easier because of necessity and popular demand. Politicians are now realizing that infringing upon the 2nd Amendment will destroy their careers.

egoz said:
Usually you have to be important and need to protection and that's when they'll issue you the CCW.

:cen: them... It's a Bill of Rights, not a Bill of Needs. If I want to carry a .500 S&W in my pocket, that's my prerogative; plus it makes the girls think I have a massive .... well you get the idea.... :D

tell me bout it, but i don't make the rules. i talked to a friend and he said he filled out his papers for a ccw last year and payed his little fee and everything but they denied him the ccw, that's MD for ya.

Duty weapon Berretta 96 .40 S&W because they make me.
Off duty/call out Kimber Custom II .45 ACP BECAUSE ITS SWEET.

thats a dangerous but cool law. here we arnt allowed to have any automatic, semi-automic guns, no hand guns etc...

There has been a new law signed by good ole President Bush that now allows active and retired police officers to carry concealed in all 50 states (I know like it shouldn't have already been a law). I do not know if that applies to MP's yet but I am trying hard to find out.

Do you guys really think it's good that everybody can carry weapons?

Here in Sweden almost no one can and absolutely no one can carry sidearm in open except from the police. Even we in the military are not allowed to own weapons unless we got a permit and are active in a shooting club etc. Very hard rules

i can't remember if the numbers were right, but there is something like 1/3 of all firearms on the planet are located in the US.

i don't think it's a totally bad idea to have people carry weapons on them around the country, assuming they know how to use it. when people say it's not the gun that kills people, it's the person, the statement is pretty true. besides, japan has outlawed guns and violent crimes involving other types of weapons (knives, and blunt weapons for example) just take the place of guns. IMHO, i'd rather be shot then hacked up by a kitchen knife.

Interesting true story about the People's Republik of Kalifornia:

A woman gets divorced. Her husband threatens to kill her so she applies to the State of California for a permit to purchase and carry a gun. Four weeks later (as per California State Law apparently) her permit was approved. Problem was, her ex-husband had already killed her ...
:stupid:

just to play devil's advocate...
who's to say she would have been able to successfully retrieve the weapon and use it in a defensive manner? but that's the case for a lot of these people applying for weapons. they might have the weapons but they won't be able to get it or use it.

larsrq said:

Here in Sweden almost no one can and absolutely no one can carry sidearm in open except from the police. Even we in the military are not allowed to own weapons unless we got a permit and are active in a shooting club etc. Very hard rules
It is different over there. The bad people can still get guns by other means.... They also carry guns without a permit.

egoz said:
just to play devil's advocate...
who's to say she would have been able to successfully retrieve the weapon and use it in a defensive manner? but that's the case for a lot of these people applying for weapons. they might have the weapons but they won't be able to get it or use it.
I guess we'll never know whether it would have saved her life. She didn't have a gun by my friend was going to teach her how to use it once she got the thing. She was planning to carry it because she knew that her ex was likely to try going after her when she wasn't expecting.

larsrq said:

Society would be safer, if the criminals do not know who is armed.

But the more guns private people got the more killings it will be not only by "bad guys" but ordinary people will be shoot. I t will be even easier to use the gun to solve an argument.

I know that the situation is completely different here in Sweden compared with USA but still...

Back