Carry Firearm

--

October 25th, 2004  
SFC

Topic: Carry Firearm

In Arizona and a handful of other states it is legal to carry a firearm in the open on yourself with no permit, and then there is the CCW holders, e.g., myself who carries.

I have carried for over twenty years and one was in the state of Kalifornia, for my job I have went through a slew of firearms. The ones I feel most comfortable with are either the Sig P220 in .45 Caliber or the Sig P245 in .45 Caliber.
October 29th, 2004  
USAOwnz

You can carry a firearm in the open? I need to move to AZ!
October 29th, 2004  
SFC

Yes Sir! any where you want with a few exceptions, i.e., Federal Buildings, Financial Facilities, Hospitals, or any establishment that has posted No Fire Arms Allowed. Gun shops will allow the fire arms as long as they are not loaded.

SFC
--
October 29th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Whats the point of owning one if you cant carry it?
October 29th, 2004  
ravensword227

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAOwnz
You can carry a firearm in the open? I need to move to AZ!
Most all states in the Union allow concealed carry (with permit), and quite a few allow carry in the open. Check this link to find out your state laws. RKBA recently won a big victory and our nationís capital Washington D.C. has now allowed people to CCW. Crime rates were way too high and even the FBI could attest to the fact that guns would deter crime. Score one for the rights of the people in the United States. Hoorah!

Virtute et Armis
October 29th, 2004  
egoz

Just because your state offers a CCW doesn't mean you'll get one. The CCW is usually given to you by the Sheriff or some other figure like him. In MD they have CCW permits, but just because you apply for it doesn't mean you'll get it. Usually you have to be important and need to protection and that's when they'll issue you the CCW.
October 29th, 2004  
ravensword227

Most states have a "shall issue" policy. Some even allow you to get your license through the mail if you want. Only states like New York and the Peopleís Republik of Kalifornia give you a hard time. Getting CCWs in America is only going to get easier because of necessity and popular demand. Politicians are now realizing that infringing upon the 2nd Amendment will destroy their careers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by egoz
Usually you have to be important and need to protection and that's when they'll issue you the CCW.
them... It's a Bill of Rights, not a Bill of Needs. If I want to carry a .500 S&W in my pocket, that's my prerogative; plus it makes the girls think I have a massive .... well you get the idea....
October 29th, 2004  
egoz

tell me bout it, but i don't make the rules. i talked to a friend and he said he filled out his papers for a ccw last year and payed his little fee and everything but they denied him the ccw, that's MD for ya.
October 29th, 2004  
USAOwnz

Hm... damn California.
October 29th, 2004  
03USMC

Duty weapon Berretta 96 .40 S&W because they make me.
Off duty/call out Kimber Custom II .45 ACP BECAUSE ITS SWEET.