Carry Firearm - Page 3

--

October 31st, 2004  
SHERMAN

Normal peopel dont use guns to solve arguments. Criminals do, and they use illigal guns anyway.
November 7th, 2004  
mdvaden

Do you folks know the actual way things work in California - anybody?

I noticed the woman getting killed example.

In Oregon, at least, you need a permit to carry concealed, but not in the home. We have the insta-check law here.

That means that my wife or my dad who have no permit, can go to the gun store and show their identification like a drivers license. The gun stores call in to the State Police that moment.

I just bought two guns this week, and they don't even ask for my permit, just my license, then they make the call.

Seems that many spouse to spouse type murders where a gun would be handy happen in a house. And no permit is needed here for keeping a loaded gun in a house.

I don't believe any of our cities have ordinances restricting in-hom guns.

But I was curious about the CA laws.

Thanks.

I'm new here - a visitor to the forum, and my avatar and sig. are not displaying yet, so I am:

M. D. Vaden of Oregon
http://www.mdvaden.com
November 8th, 2004  
SFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdvaden
Do you folks know the actual way things work in California - anybody?

I noticed the woman getting killed example.

In Oregon, at least, you need a permit to carry concealed, but not in the home. We have the insta-check law here.

That means that my wife or my dad who have no permit, can go to the gun store and show their identification like a drivers license. The gun stores call in to the State Police that moment.

I just bought two guns this week, and they don't even ask for my permit, just my license, then they make the call.

Seems that many spouse to spouse type murders where a gun would be handy happen in a house. And no permit is needed here for keeping a loaded gun in a house.

I don't believe any of our cities have ordinances restricting in-hom guns.

But I was curious about the CA laws.

Thanks.

I'm new here - a visitor to the forum, and my avatar and sig. are not displaying yet, so I am:

M. D. Vaden of Oregon
http://www.mdvaden.com
In a word, Yes. I use to live and work in the Peoples Replik of Kalifornia for about 20 years and yes it is easier to pull hen's teeth than to get a CCW in that state, but I did, although my job required it and NO I'm not an LEO.

SFC
--
January 24th, 2005  
EuroSpike

Topic: Re: Carry Firearm

Do you really use to carry guns with you when outside, shopping etc?

Ok, maybe it is necessary since all bastards have their own ones.
January 24th, 2005  
chewie_nz

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010
Interesting true story about the People's Republik of Kalifornia:

A woman gets divorced. Her husband threatens to kill her so she applies to the State of California for a permit to purchase and carry a gun. Four weeks later (as per California State Law apparently) her permit was approved. Problem was, her ex-husband had already killed her ...
wow. they'd BOTH BE ALIVE if you guys had sensible gun laws like the commonwealth does
January 24th, 2005  
Whispering Death

Oh no! When I move to California what happens to my pistol since they won't give me a CCW!?! Can I still have my handgun in my apt? How about my car?

:cries:
January 24th, 2005  
EuroSpike

"wow. they'd BOTH BE ALIVE if you guys had sensible gun laws like the commonwealth does"

You can ban all legal weapons but Ronnie Robber and Mark Mother****er will still have their own ones. Weapon ban bans weapons only from common people.

Is Assault Weapon Ban still present in US?
January 24th, 2005  
bushpig1998

Before the stupid anti-gun lobby in SA came into power, I was able to carry my .45 concealed or in the open. Anywhere! On more than one occasion - 4 to be precise, I had to use it in public to defend myself or my property. Only once did I fire a shot - the rest of the time I just pulled it and knife weilder settled down quite nicely - mostly because everyone ins South Africa carries 9mm or smaller - a .45 looks like a damn cannon over there.
The south african black market and criminal underground is filled to the brim with AK's and the like. The crrent law in SA calls for massive amounts of training, a safe at home (and inspection of said safe by police after it was installed) and a HUGE fee to be paid before a license is issue. Problem is that there are only 4 licensed training centers in the country where you can get the training needed, there is a mssive shortage of policemen to inspect the safes being installed and only 2 people working the applications...so far only 5% of all licenses had been approved (when I last checked). Most of the approved applicants had criminal records! Things starting to make sense, right? More recently, this went down:

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_i...0804623C397846
January 24th, 2005  
EuroSpike

"Before the stupid anti-gun lobby in SA came into power, I was able to carry my .45 concealed or in the open. Anywhere!"

After apartheid ended things have been totally messed in SA. Something has gone wrong very badly if people have to carry guns in the open to provide their security.

We don't have any weapon bans and a bit over 5 million people own 2.5 million legal weapons wich is compared to population the second after USA. However no-one carrys guns and the most of murders and other kills have been maken by knives, axes or something else but not by fire weapons.
January 24th, 2005  
03USMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewie_nz
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010
Interesting true story about the People's Republik of Kalifornia:

A woman gets divorced. Her husband threatens to kill her so she applies to the State of California for a permit to purchase and carry a gun. Four weeks later (as per California State Law apparently) her permit was approved. Problem was, her ex-husband had already killed her ...
wow. they'd BOTH BE ALIVE if you guys had sensible gun laws like the commonwealth does
Where does it say that a firearm was used in the homicide? The point that is being missed by alot of citizens of countries with more restrictive gun laws is criminals will always have guns legal or otherwise.