Carry Firearm - Page 2

--

October 30th, 2004  
rocco

thats a dangerous but cool law. here we arnt allowed to have any automatic, semi-automic guns, no hand guns etc...
October 30th, 2004  
Rotty261

There has been a new law signed by good ole President Bush that now allows active and retired police officers to carry concealed in all 50 states (I know like it shouldn't have already been a law). I do not know if that applies to MP's yet but I am trying hard to find out.
October 30th, 2004  
larsrq

Do you guys really think it's good that everybody can carry weapons?

Here in Sweden almost no one can and absolutely no one can carry sidearm in open except from the police. Even we in the military are not allowed to own weapons unless we got a permit and are active in a shooting club etc. Very hard rules
--
October 31st, 2004  
egoz

i can't remember if the numbers were right, but there is something like 1/3 of all firearms on the planet are located in the US.

i don't think it's a totally bad idea to have people carry weapons on them around the country, assuming they know how to use it. when people say it's not the gun that kills people, it's the person, the statement is pretty true. besides, japan has outlawed guns and violent crimes involving other types of weapons (knives, and blunt weapons for example) just take the place of guns. IMHO, i'd rather be shot then hacked up by a kitchen knife.
October 31st, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Interesting true story about the People's Republik of Kalifornia:

A woman gets divorced. Her husband threatens to kill her so she applies to the State of California for a permit to purchase and carry a gun. Four weeks later (as per California State Law apparently) her permit was approved. Problem was, her ex-husband had already killed her ...
October 31st, 2004  
egoz

just to play devil's advocate...
who's to say she would have been able to successfully retrieve the weapon and use it in a defensive manner? but that's the case for a lot of these people applying for weapons. they might have the weapons but they won't be able to get it or use it.
October 31st, 2004  
USAOwnz

Quote:
Originally Posted by larsrq

Here in Sweden almost no one can and absolutely no one can carry sidearm in open except from the police. Even we in the military are not allowed to own weapons unless we got a permit and are active in a shooting club etc. Very hard rules
It is different over there. The bad people can still get guns by other means.... They also carry guns without a permit.
October 31st, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Quote:
Originally Posted by egoz
just to play devil's advocate...
who's to say she would have been able to successfully retrieve the weapon and use it in a defensive manner? but that's the case for a lot of these people applying for weapons. they might have the weapons but they won't be able to get it or use it.
I guess we'll never know whether it would have saved her life. She didn't have a gun by my friend was going to teach her how to use it once she got the thing. She was planning to carry it because she knew that her ex was likely to try going after her when she wasn't expecting.
October 31st, 2004  
SFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by larsrq

Society would be safer, if the criminals do not know who is armed.
October 31st, 2004  
larsrq

But the more guns private people got the more killings it will be not only by "bad guys" but ordinary people will be shoot. I t will be even easier to use the gun to solve an argument.

I know that the situation is completely different here in Sweden compared with USA but still...