Carlos Santana- "Please Legalize Pot, Mr. President"

So why wouldn't we concentrate our efforts more on the drugs that have fatal effects on people just by taking them?

Like I said, marijuana is NOTHING compared to the effects of those harder drugs.

You realize of course that the vast majority of both traffickers, middle distribution and dime bag slingers are not "one trick ponies"? That they deal a multitude of different products?

That on the vast majority of major siezures there is more than one type of product?

That some dealers deal two different types of product as a norm such as Boy& Girl (WEED & smack) because that is what their "customers" demand?

That the whole business of any type of narcotics enforcement is intertwined?

That with the exception of some grow eradication programs there is no ear marked money aimmed at Marijuana it is ear marked as all inclusive Narcotics?

When the US flies into other countries to make an international drug bust, what is normally the narcotic of choice? Marijuana. Meanwhile, all those little weasels that are running around dealing the small stuff like weed plus the big stuff are getting away with more because they're busted for the weed.

This is getting out of my area of expertise, I'll admit.. I just don't see anything wrong with a proper legalization of marijuana. If the government controls it, I don't see how it can be any more harmful than cigarettes...

So why wouldn't we concentrate our efforts more on the drugs that have fatal effects on people just by taking them?

Like I said, marijuana is NOTHING compared to the effects of those harder drugs.
And when did you get your doctorate in pharmacology?

It has been adequately demonstrated that the use of "soft" drugs leads to an increased usage of stronger drugs. Hence my reference to risk taking in the article above. Besides which it changes even half way decent human beings into lying, self centred neurotics, who generally can't see clearly beyond their next joint. This was backed up by a serving police officer on this forum not a week ago.

The first line of a website dedicated to helping cocaine addicts...

"Cocaine effects are extremely detrimental on the body and the consequences related to cocaine effects can eventually lead to permanent damage, addiction and death."

While marijuana IS harmful to the body, it is not AS harmful as cocaine, LSD, PCP, or meth-amphetamines.

When the US flies into other countries to make an international drug bust, what is normally the narcotic of choice? Marijuana. Meanwhile, all those little weasels that are running around dealing the small stuff like weed plus the big stuff are getting away with more because they're busted for the weed.

Generally it's coca or poppy that result in far reaching ERAD Op's Occasionally in the case of Sinoloa it's sinsemia. I don' t think you jack about illegal narcotics trafficking, distribution or even street sales. No cartel is a one trick pony they are multifaceted and this includes products other than narcotics.

Far more Cannabis ERAD op's occur in the US than outside of the US.

Small stuff like weed? what else is small couple crack rocks? what?

Most weed possesion is misdemeanor at best. Slap on the wrist or citation. I don't know any narcotics guys that concentrate on dime bag's. So the poor persecuted stoners thing doesn't fly with me. Most small amount weed get's caught on routine contacts by patrol officers.

This is getting out of my area of expertise, I'll admit.. I just don't see anything wrong with a proper legalization of marijuana. If the government controls it, I don't see how it can be any more harmful than cigarettes...

Embedded ......................

The first line of a website dedicated to helping cocaine addicts...

"Cocaine effects are extremely detrimental on the body and the consequences related to cocaine effects can eventually lead to permanent damage, addiction and death."

While marijuana IS harmful to the body, it is not AS harmful as cocaine, LSD, PCP, or meth-amphetamines.

You could tell that by looking at a crack head. You didn't need to google it

And cigarettes can lead to many diseases like many forms of cancer, contributes to heart disease, and other maladies.
Tell me about it, It killed my father in law with cancer of the esophagus, and made my Father's last 5 years a misery with chronic heart problems and emphysema.

I agree.

But you need to phrase your argument better.
Care to elaborate, please?

Side note: My grandfather died of lung cancer from smoking... They didn't let me go to the funeral, because I was young and they wanted me to remember him as he was... A fun, life loving comedian.

Back