Carlos Santana- "Please Legalize Pot, Mr. President" - Page 4

--
Boots

April 9th, 2009  
wolfen

The only good thing that I can think about legalizeing pot is that the potheads might just smoke themselves to death
April 12th, 2009  
tomtom22

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfen
The only good thing that I can think about legalizeing pot is that the potheads might just smoke themselves to death
Good thought.
April 12th, 2009  
Partisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfen
Just think of all the tax dollars that could be made by the govt selling the stuff rather than the Cartels? FYI I only use alcohol & nicotine.
--
Boots
April 14th, 2009  
wolfen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan
Just think of all the tax dollars that could be made by the govt selling the stuff rather than the Cartels? FYI I only use alcohol & nicotine.
The Govt can't sell it, if they did nobody would buy it anymore.Therefore the tax on gas and beer would go up again.
April 30th, 2009  
bropous

Legalize it, regulate it, tax it. String up anyone who gives it to someone under 18 years old. Let's move on, shift the funds being wasted on interdiction of a harmless substance to REAL interdiction of the REALLY dangerous things. Don't think I would have a real problem with coca leaves or opium poppies being legal, either, but I'd settle for pot legalization.

You can walk into a liquor store right now and walk out with enough ethanol to kill a city bus full of people. Hpwever, we can't be trusted, as a society, with a substance that won't kill you if you tried.

Lot of strong feeligns out there, I know, but watching the Constitution shredded by overzealous law enforcement and prosecutors, watching gangs get rich, and watching scotch-guzzling hypocrites sneering down their noses at people who want to smoke pot recreationally makes me more than slightly nauseous.

I fail to see the true threat to Western Civilization that legalization of marijuana represents.
April 30th, 2009  
Rob Henderson

Good post, bropous. I agree 100%.
April 30th, 2009  
senojekips

Quote:
Originally Posted by bropous
Legalize it, regulate it, tax it. String up anyone who gives it to someone under 18 years old. Let's move on, shift the funds being wasted on interdiction of a harmless substance to REAL interdiction of the REALLY dangerous things. Don't think I would have a real problem with coca leaves or opium poppies being legal, either, but I'd settle for pot legalization.

You can walk into a liquor store right now and walk out with enough ethanol to kill a city bus full of people. Hpwever, we can't be trusted, as a society, with a substance that won't kill you if you tried.

Lot of strong feeligns out there, I know, but watching the Constitution shredded by overzealous law enforcement and prosecutors, watching gangs get rich, and watching scotch-guzzling hypocrites sneering down their noses at people who want to smoke pot recreationally makes me more than slightly nauseous.

I fail to see the true threat to Western Civilization that legalization of marijuana represents.
Yeah,... That's just brilliant!! Let's decriminalise another blight on society, that will really help us.

Our mental hospitals are in need of more patients. Not to mention vehicular accidents , lost time in the workplace and general antisocial behaviour.

[quote:THC Psychosis]Favrat and colleagues found that both subjects reported severe anxiety and impaired psychomotor functions. Other effects included transient symptoms of derealisation and depersonalisation, and paranoid delusions.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0419105717.htm[/quote]
April 30th, 2009  
Rob Henderson

Shall I show you the effects of crack cocaine? How about PCP, LSD, or heroin?

I promise you, getting high is NOT what the DEA needs to focus their efforts on.
April 30th, 2009  
03USMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Henderson
Shall I show you the effects of crack cocaine? How about PCP, LSD, or heroin?

I promise you, getting high is NOT what the DEA needs to focus their efforts on.

Enlighten me then. What about Crack? What about Meth, What about heroin? What about PCP? LSD? Schedule and Legend pharmachuticals illegally and fraudantly obtained.

For the most part Drug Enforcement Administration does not deal with street dome bag/rock hustlers.

So what are you endeavoring to prove by the above.
April 30th, 2009  
Rob Henderson

That the money spent by the federal government on marijuana (which trickles down to the state and local governments) would be put to better use fighting those street hustlers.