Carlos Santana- "Please Legalize Pot, Mr. President"

It'd probably be a lot easier to make actually... Wouldn't have to fill it with carcinogens and all that other crap that makes cigarettes so expensive. Because that's where pot REALLY gets dangerous anyway, is when people start stuffing it with things to make a quick buck... And if it was legal and legally sold, they would no longer be able to do that, because users could simply buy it from the government, where they know what they're getting... There is no Surgeon General for the illegal market.

It'd probably be a lot easier to make actually... Wouldn't have to fill it with carcinogens and all that other crap that makes cigarettes so expensive. Because that's where pot REALLY gets dangerous anyway, is when people start stuffing it with things to make a quick buck... And if it was legal and legally sold, they would no longer be able to do that, because users could simply buy it from the government, where they know what they're getting... There is no Surgeon General for the illegal market.

Do you mean the same government and the same Surgeon General that allowed the addictive carcinogens to be added to cigarettes to make them more addictive? Or am I missing your point? Apologies in advance if I am.

I am an advocate for its legalization though I am not a user. But I cannot and do not believe that it would be marketed in its pure, raw form if the government was charged with its dispersion.

I do agree that at least it wouldn't be laced with more dangerous drugs such as Ecstasy or whatever other crap they're putting in it these days. But they'd add chemicals, without a doubt.

I disagree with the idea of making it legal. On top of that, I would be willing to bet if they did make it legal, it would have some of the same crap that tobacco cigarettes have in them.

Unfortunately, our government is more interested in taking our rights away instead of legalizing something that has been illegal, so this discussion is really a mute poing, imho.

My take (sorry, mods, I do not want to repeat myself and there is plenty much more to address... Also, with all due respect to the last poster though you have that "shorts" bit in your handle - not discussing "momma" here, please take this as a joke and not in anyway directed against your character....):

http://www.warandtactics.com/smf/index.php?topic=1099.msg3707#msg3707 (read the whole thread if you really need some more additional input, though I think it has all been covered in this thread already - apart from the money/bribes angle - )

EDIT: OK, as an respnose to the repetitive msgs, I am *all* for legalization of whatever you can think of (in drugs aspects); I dont see any reason why some guys should get rich on the suffering of others that will suffer equally if some do not get rich...

Rattler

Last edited:
I disagree with the idea of making it legal. On top of that, I would be willing to bet if they did make it legal, it would have some of the same crap that tobacco cigarettes have in them.
I dunno... I don't think so... And even then, it wouldn't be near as dangerous as smoking illegally-bought weed... Because they put MUCH worse in.
Unfortunately, our government is more interested in taking our rights away instead of legalizing something that has been illegal, so this discussion is really a mute poing, imho.
A discussion for another thread.

Of course Carlos Santana wants pot legal, so do Cheech and Chong, Personally I think if it ever gets legalized it SHOULD BE TAXED, more than gasoline is right now. But after seeing what stoned people did on the flight deck of Navy Carriers, I wouldn't want them driving on the same road I drive on or working anywhere near me, so I have to say no please don't legalize pot. And saying "god gave it to us" is kinda stupid to me since the Christians in this world believe everything comes from god, god gave us pot.....DUH, he gave us rat poison too, but he never said "hey dude, eat this its good"

And saying "god gave it to us" is kinda stupid to me since the Christians in this world believe everything comes from god, god gave us pot.....DUH, he gave us rat poison too, but he never said "hey dude, eat this its good"

Now that right there is funny, I don't care who you are.

ZING!

Good post, Wolfen!

-snip-But after seeing what stoned people did on the flight deck of Navy Carriers, I wouldn't want them driving on the same road I drive on or working anywhere near me, so I have to say no please don't legalize pot. -snip-

Stoned ppl should never even make it near a flight deck, the guy in charge who allowed them (conscious abput their state) on should be court martialled.

Alcohol is legal, but driving under its influence not, same would go for weed/chocolate, so that is not an argument against legislation.

In reality and with alc legal you have a high chance (here on this Med Island anyway) to meet up to 20% of drviers going the other way drunk depending on the hour.

Rattler

P.S.: I agree on your rat poison argument... :smile: :salute2:

Last edited:
Yeah, I never understood that "if it grows in the ground it was meant for us" mentality. A lot of horrible poisons are also naturally occurring, I guess God put those there for you bright ones too. Cannabis and certain mushrooms just happen to have a positive effect on the nervous system.

I guarantee you if herb were legalized everyone would just grow it on their own, pay for the seeds and maybe a growers tax (which I am against, might as well tax berries that grow on the bush in the woods).

Last edited:
Do you mean the same government and the same Surgeon General that allowed the addictive carcinogens to be added to cigarettes to make them more addictive? Or am I missing your point? Apologies in advance if I am.

I am an advocate for its legalization though I am not a user. But I cannot and do not believe that it would be marketed in its pure, raw form if the government was charged with its dispersion.

I do agree that at least it wouldn't be laced with more dangerous drugs such as Ecstasy or whatever other crap they're putting in it these days. But they'd add chemicals, without a doubt.
Sorry, I missed this one...

I do mean the same government and Surgeon General. But my point is that the government TELLS you what's in them... It does cause cancer, but they make sure you know it before you start smoking it. There is no warning label on illegal pot bags that say "By the way, this this and this have been added to this product and may shred your esophagus if you smoke it."

The only good thing that I can think about legalizeing pot is that the potheads might just smoke themselves to death :)

The only good thing that I can think about legalizeing pot is that the potheads might just smoke themselves to death :)

Just think of all the tax dollars that could be made by the govt selling the stuff rather than the Cartels? FYI I only use alcohol & nicotine.

Just think of all the tax dollars that could be made by the govt selling the stuff rather than the Cartels? FYI I only use alcohol & nicotine.

The Govt can't sell it, if they did nobody would buy it anymore.Therefore the tax on gas and beer would go up again.

Legalize it, regulate it, tax it. String up anyone who gives it to someone under 18 years old. Let's move on, shift the funds being wasted on interdiction of a harmless substance to REAL interdiction of the REALLY dangerous things. Don't think I would have a real problem with coca leaves or opium poppies being legal, either, but I'd settle for pot legalization.

You can walk into a liquor store right now and walk out with enough ethanol to kill a city bus full of people. Hpwever, we can't be trusted, as a society, with a substance that won't kill you if you tried.

Lot of strong feeligns out there, I know, but watching the Constitution shredded by overzealous law enforcement and prosecutors, watching gangs get rich, and watching scotch-guzzling hypocrites sneering down their noses at people who want to smoke pot recreationally makes me more than slightly nauseous.

I fail to see the true threat to Western Civilization that legalization of marijuana represents.

Legalize it, regulate it, tax it. String up anyone who gives it to someone under 18 years old. Let's move on, shift the funds being wasted on interdiction of a harmless substance to REAL interdiction of the REALLY dangerous things. Don't think I would have a real problem with coca leaves or opium poppies being legal, either, but I'd settle for pot legalization.

You can walk into a liquor store right now and walk out with enough ethanol to kill a city bus full of people. Hpwever, we can't be trusted, as a society, with a substance that won't kill you if you tried.

Lot of strong feeligns out there, I know, but watching the Constitution shredded by overzealous law enforcement and prosecutors, watching gangs get rich, and watching scotch-guzzling hypocrites sneering down their noses at people who want to smoke pot recreationally makes me more than slightly nauseous.

I fail to see the true threat to Western Civilization that legalization of marijuana represents.
Yeah,... That's just brilliant!! Let's decriminalise another blight on society, that will really help us.

Our mental hospitals are in need of more patients. Not to mention vehicular accidents , lost time in the workplace and general antisocial behaviour.

[quote:THC Psychosis]Favrat and colleagues found that both subjects reported severe anxiety and impaired psychomotor functions. Other effects included transient symptoms of derealisation and depersonalisation, and paranoid delusions.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2005/04/050419105717.htm[/quote]

Last edited:
Shall I show you the effects of crack cocaine? How about PCP, LSD, or heroin?

I promise you, getting high is NOT what the DEA needs to focus their efforts on.

Shall I show you the effects of crack cocaine? How about PCP, LSD, or heroin?

I promise you, getting high is NOT what the DEA needs to focus their efforts on.

Enlighten me then. What about Crack? What about Meth, What about heroin? What about PCP? LSD? Schedule and Legend pharmachuticals illegally and fraudantly obtained.

For the most part Drug Enforcement Administration does not deal with street dome bag/rock hustlers.

So what are you endeavoring to prove by the above.

That the money spent by the federal government on marijuana (which trickles down to the state and local governments) would be put to better use fighting those street hustlers.

Back