Care Packages for Soldiers serving in Iraq and Afghanistan.

--
Boots

May 14th, 2004  
I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S

Topic: Care Packages for Soldiers serving in Iraq and Afghanistan.

I am thinking about putting together a drive to receive donations. I want to put together care packages for soldiers that are serving over seas in Iraq and Afghanistan.

I would like some help from all of the members of the military on this site... What are stuff that you would want if you were stationed there? What do the soldiers need that would benefit them a great deal.

all ideas will be accepted an greatly appreciated. I really want this idea to go through but i need some help.
May 14th, 2004  
GUNNER

I can think of stuff i would like:

Magazines
stationary
cards
candy
movies
coffee from their fav. coffee house
newspapers from hometown
games
being a female i would love getting girly stuff(lotions, creamsetc etc) i was in Bosnia for 6 months and loved getting care packages, good for you for doing this

GUNNER

GUNNER
May 14th, 2004  
I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S

Thank you i am going to start a list. I am stil in High school. am i am going to try and stsrt this as just a school wide thing. I worked in city hall as an intern over the summer so i have contact with my city's mayor. I am going to try to talk to him and try and make it a city wide drive. i still have to contact the red cros to see what i can and can't donate and see if they will ship what ever i receive for me...
--
Boots
May 14th, 2004  
Marksman

Good,idea cant help you directly,but good idea
May 14th, 2004  
DTop

Foods are always welcome. Things like Beefaroni, canned ravioli, canned spaghetti and meatballs etc.. Also granola bars, trail mix, canned nuts, and oh yeah a can opener. Almost any canned foods are appreciated.
Other needed things are foot powders, combs, toothpaste, toothbrushes, soap, shampoo and things like that are usually in short supply.
Batteries with maglite flashlights, and insect spray (pump bottles), and pens and pencils with crossword books would be good too. A nice pair of sunglasses would be certainly put to good use. I hope that helps.
May 14th, 2004  
I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S

Thank you for the help. every idea is greatly appreciated. I love some of the items that were allready listed. you have been of great help.
May 15th, 2004  
Snauhi

everything but drugs :P
May 15th, 2004  
Darkmb101

Things that are small and compact like books, magazines, or comic strips.
May 15th, 2004  
rlbush

Topic: Re: Care Packages for Soldiers serving in Iraq and Afghanist

My brother-in-law was in Iraq at the Baghdad airport and we sent over shipments of rice krispie treats (along with other goodies) and messages from friends and family to show our support. We continue to do the same for my brother who is in Afghanistan.
May 15th, 2004  
Marksman

Put your self in their position and improvize the list