Care Packages for Soldiers serving in Iraq and Afghanistan. - Page 2

--
Boots

May 17th, 2004  
I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman
Put your self in their position and improvize the list
that would be a hard thing to do because i was never in that position and i have no idea what it is like...
May 17th, 2004  
Marksman

Well just imagine you are stationed there(without combat)and you want to get what?? 8)
May 17th, 2004  
I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S

i don't even know how it is over there so i have no idea... I have never even been out of California... well except for that one time i went to Nevada...
--
Boots
May 17th, 2004  
Achilles

sorry munitionsairman(appropriat name though) all i can give you is a hearty good luck, and happy trails, Im broke
May 17th, 2004  
Marksman

Take it like this,you are a soldier no mather where all the base camps are the same when you are away from home,so your sitting on the sun(rain/snow)and thinking 'boy,i would like to get some ------- to entertain my self' now what would that be? [/u]
May 17th, 2004  
Achilles

munitions airman, ive got a post in "suggestions" thats very similar to yours, check it out
May 28th, 2004  
soldierzhonor

When sending anything overseas, you might want to find a local unit that is deployed since the military is putting a hal;t to the "to any soldier" donations. Also chocolate or anything else that will melt is a bad idea. If I was over there, even Ramen noodles would hit the spot. You can get plenty of Ramen noodles for little to nothing. You dont have to buy new magazines. I'd be content with something that simply says "America" and I could feel like Im home. Local newspapers, sunblock, notepads, pens, sunglasses are also some things that would come in handy and that are inexpensive. A care package we got once had someone who had a funny sense of humor. lol Someone sent a childs play kit with bucket and shovel for sand castles. Decks of cards were in it, but best of all these things were letters from high school kids simply saying what a great job the soldiers are doing over there and how proud they are of them. Some have included email addresses in their letters for email conversations. Candy is a good thing, but there are some things that could help more. Great job on the project and good luck. oh...also, verizon and 7/11 have teamed up and are giving soldiers free 30 minute phone cards. Beginning of this month on my way to Ft Bragg we recieved 4 30 minute cards. We were only gone a week. Be sure and thank verizon and 7/11 also.
May 28th, 2004  
Marksman

Quote:
When sending anything overseas, you might want to find a local unit that is deployed since the military is putting a hal;t to the "to any soldier" donations. Also chocolate or anything else that will melt is a bad idea. If I was over there, even Ramen noodles would hit the spot. You can get plenty of Ramen noodles for little to nothing. You dont have to buy new magazines. I'd be content with something that simply says "America" and I could feel like Im home. Local newspapers, sunblock, notepads, pens, sunglasses are also some things that would come in handy and that are inexpensive. A care package we got once had someone who had a funny sense of humor. lol Someone sent a childs play kit with bucket and shovel for sand castles. Decks of cards were in it, but best of all these things were letters from high school kids simply saying what a great job the soldiers are doing over there and how proud they are of them. Some have included email addresses in their letters for email conversations. Candy is a good thing, but there are some things that could help more. Great job on the project and good luck. oh...also, verizon and 7/11 have teamed up and are giving soldiers free 30 minute phone cards. Beginning of this month on my way to Ft Bragg we recieved 4 30 minute cards. We were only gone a week. Be sure and thank verizon and 7/11 also.

he's right you need to watch 'bout that stuff
May 28th, 2004  
I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S

I talked to the American Red Cross, and they said because of the high terror alert, they are not allowing any care packages to be shipped at the current time. I talked to my recruiter about it and he gave me the number to Travis Air Force Base. They told me they would call me back, but it never happened... So my idea came to a halt.
May 28th, 2004  
Marksman

Not to worie