Car Question (Ford Focus Vs Toyota Yaris)

Toyota.
I worked for a Ford dealership and the Focus has been plagued by numerous recalls for potentially lethal engineering problems... like the front drive wheel coming undone while in motion (gotta love physics) or turning itself off when making a left hand turn. I would only reccommend buying a Focus (incidentally pronounced fuc..)to my vindictive evil ex-wife.

Toyota.
I worked for a Ford dealership and the Focus has been plagued by numerous recalls for potentially lethal engineering problems... like the front drive wheel coming undone while in motion (gotta love physics) or turning itself off when making a left hand turn. I would only reccommend buying a Focus (incidentally pronounced fuc..)to my vindictive evil ex-wife.

Agreed. But while I was reading the reviews, most state that recalls were of 2000-2001 models and as of 2005 no recalls have occured.

Actually I am stuck between these two choices and I do want to buy a car. I just dont know which to choose.

I have a Toyota Avensis 1,6l 2000 model and a Ford Focus Futura 1.8l tdci 2003 model, and would say if you want a car that is fun to drive, go for Ford - if you want a reliable car with no hazzle and swallows mileage with a smile go for the Toyota.

I have a Toyota Avensis 1,6l 2000 model and a Ford Focus Futura 1.8l tdci 2003 model, and would say if you want a car that is fun to drive, go for Ford - if you want a reliable car with no hazzle and swallows mileage with a smile go for the Toyota.

Well, both can be leased and I really don't know what to pick. :drunkb: ....... But thanks for the tip

Neither, I wouldn't be caught dead in a car. I'm a truck man through and through. I've owned a 1991 Ford F-150 Custom, and right now a 2002 Ford F-150 XLT. Next truck is going to be a CUCV. Don't know what model yet but the new model Pickup Trucks suck. They're all sissy city trucks. They're no longer off road work trucks. So I guess the onlything that will work for me is a Military Surplus CUCV. They have tougher engines, toucher frames, tougher bodies, better water proof electrical systems, and lastly. NO FREAKING GAY POWER LOCKS POWER WINDOWS sissy things.

Maybe after getting the CUCV I might get a old Ford or Willy's MB of M151 Jeep.

Back