Car

that's a nice little car. if we're going into british roadsters then i'd have to mention the mga roadster.
61mga_rghtfrt.jpg

My favorite car....well have more then one:

1997-1998 Peugeot 106 Rallye
72-73 Firebird Trans Am
1st Camaro Z28

And alot more....

Those british roadsters look cool, but they're like super old school. Its all about the Carrol Shelby roadsters, they tear it up. :cowb:

ACTaFOOL82 said:
Those british roadsters look cool, but they're like super old school. Its all about the Carrol Shelby roadsters, they tear it up. :cowb:
oh man, there is only one Shelby roadster, and that's the Cobra 427. i fell in love with that car the first time i saw it. in fact it was to the point where i was going to purchase the Factory Five Racing replica of the Cobra. take a look at the 65 Roadster Mk3. that baby would outperform the Viper, Corvette, 911, and 360 Modena. and all for less than 1/2 the price of the cheapest of the bunch.

i realize the first pic is CG, but i took that same picture and did a pastel version of it for art. it turned out pretty damn nice. the white one is an original 1965 Cobra, selling for a mere $140,000+ USD.

FFR 65 Roadster MK3 Replica
0581b.jpg

The best thing to do is if there is a bunch of people around, pull a stoppy (endo), peel out an pull a wheely, or handstand on the seat

Yeah, um, right.... Somebody has been watching Biker Boyz and Torque a bit too much. Only idiots do that kinda stuff.

Pic of a couple of my favourite cars
vyiiss.jpg

252.jpg

AussieNick said:
Yeah, um, right.... Somebody has been watching Biker Boyz and Torque a bit too much. Only F :cen: Wits do that kinda stuff.
i liked the way you put it better :)

listen motorcycles are great, but just like anything else you have to use your head about it. don't do something stupid in the street because when you screw up and endanger other people you give ALL bikers a bad name. because of guys like that the cops here in Maryland just got a bunch of new 1000cc sport bikes to chase down those other pocket rocket guys.

You put pics of the old Shelby roadster but there are more than one.

The Shelby Daytona car (one in existence), and the new one he built recently, its a cooler remake of the original AC Cobra. The original came with 289's before the 427. Truly a dream car. :cowb:

ACTaFOOL82 said:
You put pics of the old Shelby roadster but there are more than one.

The Shelby Daytona car (one in existence), and the new one he built recently, its a cooler remake of the original AC Cobra. The original came with 256's before the 427. Truly a dream car. :cowb:
i know shelby made a bunch of cars during the 60s. it was a great era for all types of roadsters. i didn't put the 289 up there because the 427 was more synonymous with the racing. even though it didn't meet the homoglation rules to compete. it was the fastest accelerating production car, not to mention the rarest with only 31 original examples. but either way it was a great car. don't tell, but he did steal a british sports car's aluminum body and stuck it on an american v8. so the styling credits should really go to those brits. ;)

the modern version of it was, from my understanding, built on 10 original cobra chassises. they were updated to modern specs. in essence it's the styling of the 60s with the specs of the 90s.

as for the daytona, they have a daytona replica that they make. it also is a kick ass car at the track. the real daytona had an amazing race history. it ran everything from le mans (we it was DQ'd), sebring, spa, etc. not to mention it ran against (my favorite) the Ferrari 250 GTO.

Carroll Shelby is an automotive genius, I prefer his Mustangs over his AC cobra, but without a doubt he made the right choice with the 427. The 427 is the best Ford motor (Chevy-327, Dodge-426, Pontiac/Buick-455). They can be modified awesomely, and they are easy to find. I currently have a 700 hp 427 waiting to be put in a 1970 Mach 1. Its a cast iron block, bored .030 over, aluminum heads, intake, holley 1100, ect... I cant wait to take it to the track.

I havent seen pics of the Ferrari GTO, but my current favorite car is the new restyled Pontiac GTO, its friggin sweet. They were plain in 04 but the 05 has optional ground effects, and a ram air intake, and hood. It looks so sweet. With a supercharger it would be easily capable of 12's. American Muscle at its best. :cowb:

the pontiac GTO...guess where it got it's name? :) they actually played off of the popularity that the Ferrari brought to the track by naming the pontiac the GTO. so it isn't exactly a coincidense. but i posted a couple pics of the Ferrari 250 GTO on page 2 of this thread. it's a sweet car. it was one of those where you could drive it to the track, race it all day, and drive it home. something that i think makes a true track car. the best part was when it did race it kicked serious ass. it was actually the last front engined car to win the 24 hours of Le Mans before it was beat by the Ford GT40.

but my current favorite car is the new restyled Pontiac GTO, its friggin sweet. They were plain in 04 but the 05 has optional ground effects, and a ram air intake, and hood. It looks so sweet. With a supercharger it would be easily capable of 12's. American Muscle at its best.

Oh dear, I hate to burst your buble, but the restyled GTO hasn't got any American muscle. It's an Australian car. It is a Holden CV8 Monaro, with a new badge, bonnet and front end. The Holden CV8 Monaro was based around the Holden VT Commodore. Marketing it in America as a GTO was a good money spinner for Holden. You can go down to Port Adelaide and see the GTO's sitting on the docks waiting to be shipped.

Here is a picture of the ORIGINAL Australian product.

Monaro_CV8_02.jpg

Here is what you get. See the similarity.

pontiac_gto.jpg

And this is the original HK Monaro from Australia (the classic muscle car)

hk-white3.jpg

[/img]

I guess in Australia Pontiac is called Holden, and vise versa. Pretty cool if you ask me, but do those Monaros have all aluminum 6.0 liter V8s? It could be that the base models are sent to the states were they get all the modifications. Australia has a very interesting car history. Isnt the Ford Falcon still in production in Australia? If so show me a pic. :cowb:

Holden and Pontiac are totally different. Holden is an Australian company with no affiliation with Pontiac. They just sold them some Monaros to rebadge for the US market, it was a good way for Holden to make some extra cash and get rid of some stock sitting around. The Aussie Monaro has 5.8L Alloy engine, but now that the VZ range has come out with the 6.0L Maloo, I reckon the Monaro will get that engine in it.

As for Ford Falcon, we still produce them. Here is the latest and greatest.
Ford BA Falcon GT-P
gtp.jpg

And this is the same sort of thing but in ute form. Ford BA XR8 Ute
i.ford.falcon.xr8.04jan.myallriver.JPG

The Falcon is majestic dude, the ranchero thing is cool too. The Falcon reminds me of a Ford Five Hundred mixed with a Mustang, truly beautiful. :cowb:

Back