capital punishment

Should capital punishment be outlawed?

• Total voters
Yes. May be some country still keep it during wartime in order to punish desertors....But even in that case i think that it´s forbbiden. In Spain is forbbiden science 1978.

That´s too easy.I think that live time prision is better. Well, you are gonna say that fedding this guys cost money...and it is true, but I think that death penalty leave us in the same level as the criminals.

No it's got nothing to do with feeding and housing Scumbags for life. For some thats fine and dandy their put away where they cannot prey on good people.

But some POS's committ crimes so far beyond the Pale that their continuing to breathe oxygen better used by productive people is an affront to society.

Well, for me punishment law should have two sides: punishment and resocialization, obviously you cannot reinsertate to society a dead guy.
This philosophy exists science the 20´s, and in most democracies in the world(the only exception in the planet is US) is a basic axiom of democracy.

If you murder a man you have taken away his right to life. Besides, killing is more than killing. It invariably involves stealing, coveting, hate, dishonour and cowardice. you must first desire to take that life, When you kill you are taking that which is not yours. It is hateful to murder a man, and it shows the writhing cowardice of heart, the weakness to control your mind and your hand. Above all, it is dishonourable to God, yourself, the man at your feet and all those who are connected to your life, and the life of that man.

staurofilakes said:
Well, for me punishment law should have two sides: punishment and resocialization, obviously you cannot reinsertate to society a dead guy.
This philosophy exists science the 20´s, and in most democracies in the world(the only exception in the planet is US) is a basic axiom of democracy.

A person has to desire to be rehabilatated. The majority of Criminals serving life or on death row have extensive criminal records and have been in and out of the system and had ample opportunity to rehabiltate.If they had chosen to take advantage of the programs offered. They didn't and I'll give them no warm fuzzies or cry them any tears. They chose to live out side what the rest of society abides by so why waste time and funding on them.

Do you really believe that a Serial killer can be resocialized or the sick bas*ard that rapes and murders a 84 year old Grandmother deserves a second chance?

A person has to desire to be rehabilatated. The majority of Criminals serving life or on death row have extensive criminal records and have been in and out of the system and had ample opportunity to rehabiltate.If they had chosen to take advantage of the programs offered. They didn't and I'll give them no warm fuzzies or cry them any tears. They chose to live out side what the rest of society abides by so why waste time and funding on them.

Do you really believe that a Serial killer can be resocialized or the sick bas*ard that rapes and murders a 84 year old Grandmother deserves a second chance?

I was gonna say something here until I saw 03 say more than I could ever add to this (not unusual, btw). Complete agreement. If they try to reform that's one thing, but if they show no effort, and increase in their criminal activities then so much for them.

I said no, it shouldn't. In fact, I think they should get doing some double time.

I think anyone that was convicted for child molestion should get the death sentence. We don't need trash like that in our prisons or able to come back into society.

And if the death sentence was ever taken away I hope something else would be done. Maybe make the Kamadoo Islands into a place where they stick all the people who've commited rape, murder, and child molestion.

Nah, that would just wind up with an island full of criminals that could outrun giant lizards. Not an elite we want!

How about this? Give them each a new job...

...as crash test dummies? :twisted:

I agree with 03 and Serenity. There are definetely crimes where death is the only suitale punishment. And we should seriously get to doubletiming about all those people just waiting for the chair. I actually read somewhere that it costs just as much to house a prisoner as it would be to fund a college student.

The problem I see with dead penalty is this: Can we say with 100% guarantee that somebody is guilty? Not in all cases...
I understand your possition....there is too many crap out there.
Just one question: Is there a big diference in US concerning the number of crimes btw states with and without dead penalty??

Not all states use the death penalty. Illinios currently has a mortorium on the death penalty.

staurofilakes said:
The problem I see with dead penalty is this: Can we say with 100% guarantee that somebody is guilty? Not in all cases...

You can only be certain of two things life and death.

Yes, but the jury decided on the person's fate, which means society voted for it. Besides, the Death penalty is only an option when there is overwhelming evidence against the criminal.

Back