capital punishment

View Poll Results :Should capital punishment be outlawed?
Yes 3 21.43%
No 11 78.57%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

April 28th, 2005  
behemoth79

Topic: capital punishment

should capital punisment be outlawed? And are there any countries that have already outlawed it?
April 28th, 2005  
Corocotta

All countries in EU
April 28th, 2005  
behemoth79

Quote:
Originally Posted by staurofilakes
All countries in EU
really? the entire EU has banned capital punishment? wow. thats interesting
--
Boots
April 28th, 2005  
Corocotta

Yes. May be some country still keep it during wartime in order to punish desertors....But even in that case i think that itīs forbbiden. In Spain is forbbiden science 1978.
April 28th, 2005  
03USMC

No. There are some crimes that deserve nothing less than the needle.
April 28th, 2005  
Corocotta

Thatīs too easy.I think that live time prision is better. Well, you are gonna say that fedding this guys cost money...and it is true, but I think that death penalty leave us in the same level as the criminals.
April 28th, 2005  
03USMC

No it's got nothing to do with feeding and housing Scumbags for life. For some thats fine and dandy their put away where they cannot prey on good people.

But some POS's committ crimes so far beyond the Pale that their continuing to breathe oxygen better used by productive people is an affront to society.
April 28th, 2005  
Corocotta

Well, for me punishment law should have two sides: punishment and resocialization, obviously you cannot reinsertate to society a dead guy.
This philosophy exists science the 20īs, and in most democracies in the world(the only exception in the planet is US) is a basic axiom of democracy.
April 28th, 2005  
Themrose89

If you murder a man you have taken away his right to life. Besides, killing is more than killing. It invariably involves stealing, coveting, hate, dishonour and cowardice. you must first desire to take that life, When you kill you are taking that which is not yours. It is hateful to murder a man, and it shows the writhing cowardice of heart, the weakness to control your mind and your hand. Above all, it is dishonourable to God, yourself, the man at your feet and all those who are connected to your life, and the life of that man.
April 28th, 2005  
Corocotta

yes, I totally agree with you