CAP is supposed to be about integrity and respect!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CadetGirl605

There is this cadet in my squadron we'll call him...Canada. He is an Airmen, but he was in honor guard. There is about 13 new cadets 5 who just got the same rank as Airmen Canada but they don't get to do ANYTHING because Canada gets to do whatever he wants with us. He drills us, yells at us, corrects us, and if we need help he doesn't help us he just yells at us telling us we stink and can't do anything. I thought CAP was about honor, integrity, respect! Well i don't get any respect at all...my name is cadet. Not Airman Basic Smith which is my correct rank its always cadet get over here, cadet do this, cadet do that, but we can't call him cadet no it has to be Airman Canada!!!! Its not fair! The senior members let him get away with EVERYTHING. When we have to do drill Canada doesn't, when we have to sign in Canada doesn't, when we are testing Canada sits there doing NOTHING! And since his brothers are going to be gone for a while he automatically thinks he is 1st Seargant when hes not. I want to file a complaint but i can't because then I'll get yelled at by this Navy guy telling me Canada has been in CAP for 2 years! yeah right Canada is only 12 so he couldn't of been in CAP for 2 years! Why should I show respect if nobody shows me any respect especially CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :x :x :x :x

First, respect his position. I think people tend to get respect for the person and the respect for grade mixed up. You will not always respect the person above you, but just remember when you say "Yes Sir", etc. That you are showing the due respect for the Grade that person holds. Your personal feelings about the person do not have to be involved when you say that. Just because he is doing the wrong thing doesn't mean you should stop respecting everything about him. By stepping down to his level you too have forgotten about integrity and honor.

Second, you are a cadet, just because you have a grade doesn't make it wrong for him to call you "cadet". Believe me I understand your frustration, but that is the least of your worries.

Third, make a journal of everything this cadet has done that you do not view as honorable, or right. By doing this you have record to prove what this person has done, and the dates/time.

Fourth, write up a complaint! If you really feel your cause is a good one, whats holding you back? Just because the people directly above you can't help you (or wont) doesn't mean other people above them, or other Sqs wont!

I understand the frustration you are facing, and now it isn't easy to overcome. But you do have a choice, either you quit, you transfer (which I recommend), or just shut up and let him run things.

Trust me, you'll run into BS everywhere you go.

Screw the Navy guy (never thought I'd hear myself say that...) and file the report. If he won't do anything about it, take it higher...even up to the CO if you have to.

...and how come you called him Canada? :?

Just remember, you respect the rank/grade and not the man (or in this case, little kid). So he gets away with doing nothing, big deal. Do you want to be as lazy as him? Just know that he is a lazy cadet and if he pushes the wrong buttons he will get his just desserts. (Which can hurt when in boot form. 1 Boot + 1 arse = 1 sorry cadet if done correctly.) I only wish that cadet Canada was at my squadron. :firedevi:. We'd set him straight no matter how much he kicked and screamed for his mommy. :twisted:

because i don't wanna use his real name because with my luck his brothers or another member from our squadron would be part of this forum thing.

CadetGirl605 said:

because i don't wanna use his real name because with my luck his brothers or another member from our squadron would be part of this forum thing.
you have a CO Phone number? I can have a talk, just like the one i had a few months back about an agrassive cadet from a fellow Sq. If you have it then PM it to me or send me the e-mail

CadetGirl605 said:
There is this cadet in my squadron we'll call him...Canada. He is an Airmen, but he was in honor guard. There is about 13 new cadets 5 who just got the same rank as Airmen Canada but they don't get to do ANYTHING because Canada gets to do whatever he wants with us. He drills us, yells at us, corrects us, and if we need help he doesn't help us he just yells at us telling us we stink and can't do anything. I thought CAP was about honor, integrity, respect! Well i don't get any respect at all...my name is cadet. Not Airman Basic Smith which is my correct rank its always cadet get over here, cadet do this, cadet do that, but we can't call him cadet no it has to be Airman Canada!!!! Its not fair! The senior members let him get away with EVERYTHING. When we have to do drill Canada doesn't, when we have to sign in Canada doesn't, when we are testing Canada sits there doing NOTHING! And since his brothers are going to be gone for a while he automatically thinks he is 1st Seargant when hes not. I want to file a complaint but i can't because then I'll get yelled at by this Navy guy telling me Canada has been in CAP for 2 years! yeah right Canada is only 12 so he couldn't of been in CAP for 2 years! Why should I show respect if nobody shows me any respect especially CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :x :x :x :x
Airmen, isn't that like, low?

Yeah, Airman is considered low. One stipe kind of makes the obvious...obvious.... but command positions have been given to Enlisted Cadets.

USAFAUX, I highly suggest you don't get yourself in the mess. The problem if you do is you can potentially make her life harder and you have just opened yourself up for fire. I have seen this situation before and the best thing to do, if you decide to intervene, is get the support of Senior Members out side of that Sq- but in the same group. I know you want to help, but get yourself a team and try not to be a hero, that can make things worse.

Hmmmm well haow about telling how you feel to his face. Keep it nice and don't yell just be calm and just bring it to his attention. That ought to clear things up.

alliehz said:
Yeah, Airman is considered low. One stipe kind of makes the obvious...obvious.... but command positions have been given to Enlisted Cadets.

USAFAUX, I highly suggest you don't get yourself in the mess. The problem if you do is you can potentially make her life harder and you have just opened yourself up for fire. I have seen this situation before and the best thing to do, if you decide to intervene, is get the support of Senior Members out side of that Sq- but in the same group. I know you want to help, but get yourself a team and try not to be a hero, that can make things worse.

There are 12 cadets like her, I am not even going to mention any names. And even if i get into the mess i have had a few of these situations

I understand that you are frustrate to see things like this happen, but I have been involved with situations like this, you also have to remember it will always happen. I am not speaking out of lack of knowledge. I highly suggest you don't go in there and try to help on your own- if you have resources use them! If both you and the female cadet want to change things, get a team, it will help. I would normally say don't do it, but if you are going to at least get a team of people who will support you.

I can not stress this enough- use your resources that are available to you and take the initiative to seek them out.

After about three years in CAP, I've learned that some people abuse their grade and position. That's just the way it is. There's going to be people out there who don't deserve their position. My advice- bring it up with a senior member. I wouldn't "tell him off" as some people on here are telling you. Then you would be doing exactly what he's doing, and it would likely just make the matters worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back