CAP is supposed to be about integrity and respect!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes and no. Airman Duffy is the leader. Airman Duffy does not have to do the pushups, but should be willing to do them. It is desirable in a person when they do something they are not required to do. But they should not over step the bounderies. Yes PT is supposed to tough, but I say having to stay down for more than five seconds at a time is too much. Now about the extra PT thing, was it approved by one of the senior cadet officers like the C/DCC or C/CC?

It was outside of CAP we weren't signed in or in uniform...We had a choice if we wanted to go or not. And yes All senior members knew but none came only 5 cadets came...

No airman duffy is not the leader he just assumes he is. Our leader is really someone else but Airman Duffy tags along. Only because his brothers are gone because of bad grades in school does he do this. And he is sometimes in charge of the cadets but not all of the time. The senior members don't care what he does though.

We can do the push ups however we want for PT he only makes us stay down for almost 10 seconds when we do somethng wrong and gives us push ups...

Oh and I have decided to give up on my fight against Airman Duffy and work harder so I can get a higher rank than him. And i will no longer fight with my squadron even though i can't stand the senior members.

"he only makes us stay down for almost 10 seconds when we do somethng wrong and gives us push ups..." That's hazing bottom line. Good for you for giving up your fight. I would for a lot my fights but they're too much fun and I get a great kick out of it. Just remember, when you out rank Airman Duffy not to let it go to your head. Those below you can cover your butt or put a bullet in it.

he can only tell you to do push up during PT, and even then there is an extent. the only time you should EVER do extra push ups is when he is down on the ground with you doing them, whether its showing you how to properly do them, or sounding off with you. never during drill does he nor anyone else in CAP have the authorization nor right to tell anyone to drop down and do whatever or do anything like that. he tells you, you simply say no, he gets mad then you file a complaint against or, you have something called the cadet protection policy, as well as the code of conduct which all cover this, and will say taht he has no right doing what he is doing. this is the one time i will tell you and only time i will tell you, to disregard his commands and if he has a problem he can call me any time and ill talk to him on teh phone...i don't like when any cadet it treated like this, there is no need and no reason. I now the ny and new jersey wing commanders pretty well, if there is a problem i can promise you it will be taken care of.

ok thanks...

I'm geting promoted this week, but I have to figure out how to wear the *Class B's* I have and idea but its gonna take me awhile...lol

CadetGirl605 said:
ok thanks...

I'm geting promoted this week, but I have to figure out how to wear the *Class B's* I have and idea but its gonna take me awhile...lol
Theres no "class Bs" or "As" in CAP, thats a Army thing. We have service dress. ;)

Ok...

And I'm really sorry if I'm missing the legitimacy of your post, I just got done with a major fall out on another site where someone basically... well it wasn't the squadron, it was them.

Ok, your squadron needs to be reported or something. I don't know how else to explain it. Tell a trusted SM, whether it be in your squadron or another local one. Keep it quiet - this isn't something that you want spreading everywhere - that creates huge problems. Just tell them that you are having problems with some things, and you would appreciate it if they would give you some assistance in making it stop.

CAP is there for you, you are not there for it. Ok, so that statement can be taken too far, but what I'm saying is, you are volunteering. There is no way they can make you stay. However, they can try to talk you into staying.

Airman Bagadonuts is the typical Airman that holds a position. I would have been the same way. I got Cadet Commander as a C/SrA, however, the situation was scary enough to humble me quite well. If Mr. Bagadonuts has been an Airman for 2 years, it sounds like a 2b is coming his way anyway.

Also, you can switch squadrons. You are a C/AB, and for that reason, it isn't really running away. You are in CAP to learn, and it is up to you to make sure that you are in an environment in which you can learn. When my cadets said they wanted to quit, I would personally talk to them to find out the exact reasons, and I would ask them how I hindered their experience in any way. Sometimes people just aren't meant for the program, sometimes it is the leadership.

By the way, if I'm not mistaken, you can refuse to do the push-ups. To order them is hazing, and you are supposed to follow only legitimate orders, which that is not. It is your job to prove to them that you are worth keeping around and the such.

However, no matter what you do, remember to remain professional. Don't get in anybody's face, don't make a scene, and don't take things too far. If you refuse to do push ups, don't scream back at anybody or anything, just raise your hand, and request to speak to them privately or something.

If it gets to bad, quit or switch. There are many good quality squadrons, and I would hate to think that someone so early in the program would jeopardize their chance to be great.

~Crazy

Reporting your squadron is always the first step. It isn't telling or being a wimp or being a bad cadet, you are be a positive leader and even stronger cadet. Standing up for yourself and other cadets is the first step in getting the problem(s) solved in this case duffy. Like I have said in teh past if you need any help with this just ask and I'm sure hat many cadets, including my self will help you in the best way that we can.

Good job on your promotion, staf positive and hold your head up.

Holding authority means being a leader. Your leader has failed, and due to this you have to be a strong follower and stand up against this. If he says do pushups, like crazy said, raise your hand and ask to speak freely and privately, if they say no then you just ask to speak. Which in this case just say I will not do push-ups due to the pertection policy, and code of conduct of CAP. That will pertect you from any other hazing he wishes to do to you or any of the other cadets. This shows him and the senior members that your not for this and that you ARE strong enough, and you will stand up against them.

Need any more help just ask, or IM me

CadetGirl605 said:
thats what they told me to call them so thats what i call them sorry

Wait, what are you saying?

And who are you referring too? Please quote that - I'm a bit confuzzled.

>*CrAzY*< said:
CadetGirl605 said:
thats what they told me to call them so thats what i call them sorry

I meant that they caled them class B's so thats what I called them too. I got promoted today. I am an Airman now...yeah so they were gonna make us do push ups while we were in Blue's but they never did. So its ok i guess

CadetGirl605 said:
How can I report my squadron without them knowing???????

Welllllll.... really seriously, talk to your IC about it. Again, talk to a trusted Senior Member or experienced cadet around your area

ok if things don't change after I report my squadron, I either transfer or quit. I seriously can't handle Lt. :cen: anymore. I already told them about the push ups and that stuff, but Lt. :cen: is yellin at us tellin us that if we don't do our job we have to leave. But wait we can do our jobs if they could at least help us just a little....is that too much to ask???? She used to be the nice one, but I think something happened in her family but does she have to take it out on us??? WE ARE NOT PERFECT YES WE MAKE MISTAKES BUT DON'T SEND US HOME FOR IT!!!!and Kevin didn't get promoted for the FIFTH time...he was supposed to get promoted before me but nope...thy could've promoted him tonight but instead they yelled at us...well i better go now...

I don't trust any of the senior members....

Cadet, get up, quit complaining, and do something. We have counseled you, because we realize you have a problem. If it was seperate problems and you wanted advice, it would be different, however, this is the same problem you started the thread about. Nothing has changed, and your problem isn't getting answered because nobody feels like repeating themselves. Post back after you have done something, because nobody knows what else to tell you to do.

Sorry so harsh, but you are basically shooting down everything we are saying anyway.

CadetGirl605 said:
and Kevin didn't get promoted for the FIFTH time...he was supposed to get promoted before me but nope...thy could've promoted him tonight but instead they yelled at us

I don't trust any of the senior members....
Could it be the fact that he isn't ready to be promoted. As in the Commander doesn't believe he can take on the added responsibility? And not trusting any senior member sounds a bit paranoid to me, that's just my opinion.
I seriously can't handle Lt. :cen: anymore. I already told them about the push ups and that stuff, but Lt. :cen: is yellin at us tellin us that if we don't do our job we have to leave.
Ever heard of insubordination? Like it or not your officers are in charge of you. Hence the phrase, "Your superiors" ;) . You have to follow orders that are lawful. Soldier up, Cadet, do what you're told. If something that's against regs is happening at your squadron make sure you can get concrete evidence and report it. Or enough credible witnesses. If you cannot, it all boils down to your word against theirs. And, call me crazy, they'll probably believe those higher up the totem pole. If you keep this up by asking questions dealing with this and they've been answered before (or the answer is a no brainer) no one will believe you. We'll think that your just ranting to get attention. " Each player must accept the cards life deals him or her: but once they are in hand, he or she alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back