CAP is supposed to be about integrity and respect!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ChrissyJean725 said:
After about three years in CAP, I've learned that some people abuse their grade and position. That's just the way it is. There's going to be people out there who don't deserve their position. My advice- bring it up with a senior member. I wouldn't "tell him off" as some people on here are telling you. Then you would be doing exactly what he's doing, and it would likely just make the matters worse.

Good Idea, but read the whole thread before repeating failed ideas Lieutenant ;)

Yeah, good idea, but look further into the thread. She can't go to the direct SM over them, so she needs to go higher. A bit harder, but well worth the effort if proper actions are taken place. Unfortunately I do not believe she post much here anymore, at least I haven't seen her around in a while...

i'm back, but not really happy. Airman Duffy is still driving me crazy, but his attitude is like contagious or something because the senior members are treating us like slaves. I know the CAP is a real miltary thing but they expect us to do so much and EVERYTHING has to be perfect and if it isn't Airman Duffy gets on us and makes us do more and more push ups! Me and another cadet have been talking about this and we've tried everything but right now we r thinking about quiting although i don't think it will happen because i'm not aloud (a Lt. told me they weren't gonna let me quit). We spend about 4 hours shining our boots while we are talking on the phone and our uniform has to be dry cleaned and perfect. We feel like slaves or something. I hate my sq. :rambo: :rambo:
There is a paper we could sign (they lectured us about this) if another cadet is harrassing us or whatever but its not just Airman Duffy its the whole sq. and senior members too! Nobody else feels this way its just me and a close friend who is also a cadet. And there is this new senior member whos daughter just joined too and she told me he was saying things about me and he couldn't wait to get a higher rank so he could yell at me and make me do more push ups! :rambo: :evil: :twisted:
When i first joined it wasn't like this at all. I looked forward to meetings and learned stuff at the meetings but we still had fun, and our uniforms didn't have to be PERFECT, we didn't have to spend hours and hours shining our boots. But that has changed soooooo much. If I knew it was going to be like this i wouldn't have joined the CAP...i would've joined the sea cadets or something because i know they r strict but i also know they are FAIR! :rambo:
Wow that was long....I'm leaving tomorrow for Florida so I get to miss 2 meetings and get a break from them...I just feel bad for my friend/fellow cadet cuz he has to deal with them.... :( :( :( :(

CadetGirl605 said:
i'm back, but not really happy. Airman Duffy is still driving me crazy, but his attitude is like contagious or something because the senior members are treating us like slaves. I know the CAP is a real miltary thing but they expect us to do so much and EVERYTHING has to be perfect and if it isn't Airman Duffy gets on us and makes us do more and more push ups! Me and another cadet have been talking about this and we've tried everything but right now we r thinking about quiting although i don't think it will happen because i'm not aloud (a Lt. told me they weren't gonna let me quit). We spend about 4 hours shining our boots while we are talking on the phone and our uniform has to be dry cleaned and perfect. We feel like slaves or something. I hate my sq. :rambo: :rambo:
There is a paper we could sign (they lectured us about this) if another cadet is harrassing us or whatever but its not just Airman Duffy its the whole sq. and senior members too! Nobody else feels this way its just me and a close friend who is also a cadet. And there is this new senior member whos daughter just joined too and she told me he was saying things about me and he couldn't wait to get a higher rank so he could yell at me and make me do more push ups! :rambo: :evil: :twisted:
When i first joined it wasn't like this at all. I looked forward to meetings and learned stuff at the meetings but we still had fun, and our uniforms didn't have to be PERFECT, we didn't have to spend hours and hours shining our boots. But that has changed soooooo much. If I knew it was going to be like this i wouldn't have joined the CAP...i would've joined the sea cadets or something because i know they r strict but i also know they are FAIR! :rambo:
Wow that was long....I'm leaving tomorrow for Florida so I get to miss 2 meetings and get a break from them...I just feel bad for my friend/fellow cadet cuz he has to deal with them.... :( :( :( :(

Woah Woah Woah, pushups? We are talking about CAP, right? Cause in CAP there is this thing called the Cadet Protection Program. And pushups falls under the hazing category I believe? And hello, he's an Airman, which I doubt he is anywhere close to perfect himself. I really stress getting a SM involved at this point. And you said nobody else feels this way? If you and your friend do, I'm pretty sure there are people that feel the same way, but are too afraid to speak up.

Yeah ChrissyJean725 if you look around her threads I posted the Reg citing the hazing stuff.

Your commanders has no right to say you can not quit. If you do choose to quit, and he still wont sign the papers, then don't show up! What will happen is your memebership will expire, so unless they want to pay the fee you will be out of the program. Simple as that. You are also a minor and in a Auxiliary, you aren't int he real military and you didn't sign your life away for CAP. As much as people like to joke around about that.

If you are going to take action then do it now. Other wise you are wasting your time, and just feeding their ego. If you still want to be in a Cadet program go joint he Sea Cadets or something because the situation you are in is not going to change anytime soon, even if you do something about it.

alliehz said:
Yeah ChrissyJean725 if you look around her threads I posted the Reg citing the hazing stuff.

Your commanders has no right to say you can not quit. If you do choose to quit, and he still wont sign the papers, then don't show up! What will happen is your memebership will expire, so unless they want to pay the fee you will be out of the program. Simple as that. You are also a minor and in a Auxiliary, you aren't int he real military and you didn't sign your life away for CAP. As much as people like to joke around about that.

If you are going to take action then do it now. Other wise you are wasting your time, and just feeding their ego. If you still want to be in a Cadet program go joint he Sea Cadets or something because the situation you are in is not going to change anytime soon, even if you do something about it.

Well put

hey

Push ups and CAP do not go together. This is the point where you MUST take this situation up the chain of command. If the NAVY guy doesn't do anything nor your senior members you must bring the situation up to a higher level in the chain of command. I was a flight sergeant airman with inflights that were chiefs and so on, they gave me the respect that I deserved and I gave them the respect as well. I am now a SMsgt, and highly respected, but I had to gain that respect not bully it out of people.

Have you been writing down everything wrong or non leadership like this Airman is doing? even though he is only an airman he is still in charge of the flight, and you are an inflight. with that you must respect him and show hin the respect that goes with you being part of his flight. There is also a line that can not be crossed, if he tells you to do push ups you say no, due to the fact that you have a right under the cadet protection policy to refuse to do so unless during PT, and even then there is a fine line.

If you wish to transfer out that is your decision. I recommend that you don't. stand strong and fight against this. if you have to bring this to your wing commander, then bring it up. keep going up the chain of command until the situation is taken care of. CAP is about integrity, doing what is right at ALL times. This Airman Canada is wearing a CAP uniform when he goes to the meetings, therefore he must oblige by the code of conduct, and military standards that follow with wearing that uniform. If not then he should not be wearing it. Simple mention the CAP core values: Integrity,Respect,Excellence,Emergency Services. He is, from what I understand, violating three of them.

I have had cases where cadets try to think there shit don't stink cause they have strip and think since they hold a position they can do what they want. I have put many in there position and shut them up, if i couldn't deal with it i simple worked my way up the chain of command, and thats what you must do.

I must go, but if you ever have to type a letter or you want more against this cadet , I have many more CAP policies, standards, and regulations that I can give that i can see from the reading he does not follow.

Good Luck and stay strong,
c/SMsgt Sarah Stenuf
NY Syracuse Composite Squadron 135

Here's the only problem with her staying.
1. if something does happen and the evil empire is over ran she might get stuck in mess. What I mean by this is they will look to her and put blame on her.
2. When you strip the staff of everything you need to rebuild that staff chain. But this will most likely leave the Cadet area in need of training still. And considering her grade and what she wants to do, it wont be in her best interests.

Yes, life isn't fair and it easy. People will always be out to get you and there will alway be those corrupted Sq's out there, but that doesn't mean that if you don't like it you have to change it. So CadetGirl- If you feel like you can take it on, then go ahead and get help. If you don't feel like you can take them on, well thats fine, but let SMs higher then your Sq know. If you want help writing a letter or whatever let me know! I can help you with that.

Sgt Stenuf, I understand where you are coming from but you have to take into account that not all people are as head strong as you may be, which is fine. I personally would stick it out too, fortunately I don't have this problem, but I have worked with others who do. It's one of those iffy things....I really believe that this war needs to be taken above the Cadet level. If the Sq is that bad throughout then changing one cadet wont work. The whole Staff Cadet and SM needs to be changed which no offence CadetGirl, but she isn't ready for that. We are just Cadets and for the most part minors, and it is disrespectful to try and tell an adult they need to change. I think we need to remember our powers as young adults and our responsibilities to ourselves as well. We can help make change, but it doesn't mean we have to be at the front all the time.

If she was a NCO then I would advise she stay and tough it out, but theres a point where that doesn't work. She is if I remember correctly an C/AB, what she can do is raise the red flag, but there isn't much else. I do not mean to say that it's impossible and I'm not bashing her. It's the truth. She should transfer if she likes CAP that much, this way she can concentrate on her development as a cadet. I would hate to see her get burned out of CAP as a Airman.

I'm sorry you have to go through all that mess, I know that must suck considering your age and grade.

BTW, I posted all the regs on hazing and such already, but if you want all of them together I can PM you, I have the links saved somewhere.

Ok i didn't know this until today but if i don't pass PT this week Lt. Momich says i'm done. She is gonna kick me out! I've only been in CAP for a couple months and i know i haven't passed PT but once but i don't wanna quit yet. O yeah to make it worse (don't laugh...) I broke my :cen: toe on vacation and i can barely walk on it. My parents won't take me to the doc cuz we know its broken but they said the dc. couldn't do anything about it soo i guess i'm done with CAP cuz there is no way i'm gonna be able to run the :cen: mile. I hate my squadron so much. The only good part about them kickin me out is my friend/fellow cadet is gonna file a complaint because he thinks it is bull :cen: . I am so pissed off rite now its not funny!!!!! :firedevi: :firedevi: :firedevi: :firedevi:

alliehz said:
First, respect his position. I think people tend to get respect for the person and the respect for grade mixed up. You will not always respect the person above you, but just remember when you say "Yes Sir", etc. That you are showing the due respect for the Grade that person holds...

I know a few people like that. I said "Yes, sir" when I really felt like saying "Go **** yourself." I had a captain once who was a complete dirt bag, but he had three disks on his shoulders, so I saluted whenever I saw him, but never spoke to him unless I absolutely had to.

Yeah, I've always said to my self "Respect is given to the grade/rank. Not the person." It works even when I want to replace the salute with a less respectful or more painful gesture.

silent driller said:
alliehz said:
First, respect his position. I think people tend to get respect for the person and the respect for grade mixed up. You will not always respect the person above you, but just remember when you say "Yes Sir", etc. That you are showing the due respect for the Grade that person holds...

I know a few people like that. I said "Yes, sir" when I really felt like saying "Go f**k yourself." I had a captain once who was a complete dirt bag, but he had three disks on his shoulders, so I saluted whenever I saw him, but never spoke to him unless I absolutely had to.
Yeah, I feel like that alot when I'm at group activities. Some people it's hard just to acknowledge them :roll:

there was an airshow over the weekend (I was unable to attend) and my friend/ fellow cadet went. Airman Duffy (guess who was in charge of the cadets?) was going to make another cadet do 50 push ups for saying something that didn't have anything to do with CAP so my friend argued with duffy and said something like " We both know that CAP is not allowed to make us do push ups outside of PT" and Duffy said that that was pushups for punishment and he was giving 50 *motivational* push ups... is there such thing?

Not in CAP. Maybe in Cadet Duffy's twisted mind. You can motivate them while they're doing pushups. Such as "That pushup was great. I know you can do 50 more just like it".

respect should go to all cadet no matter name or grade. yes more respect is given to officers and higher grade/rank, but respect should be given all round.

AND NO THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS MOTIVATIONAL PUSH-UPS

Ok i was talking to another cadet during this extra PT type of thing and he said push ups are allowed only if the person who gave them is doing them too. but if that is right Airman Duffy never does them and makes us stay down for like 10 seconds. Duffy always tells us if one person messes up the whole team goes down, but isn't he supposed to be part of that *team*??????????????

Ok, this applies to everything you had said about this cadet and everything you will say about him.

He is an IDIOT who knows nothing as he has shown time and time again

I'm having a bad day. Carry on people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back