CAP CAWG Encampment

capandjrotc

is any one going to the ca wing encampment

if so basic or staff

I fixed the title for you. Using well known abbreviations helps keep things less cluttered 8) ~Crazy

I'm not going on staff this year. At least I dont plan on it.
A few cadets from my Sq are going on staff though. Capt Lawson will be Squadron 101 Commander, and a few NCOs will be applying for flight Sgt, and Flight Commander posistions.

Good luck to the 05 CAWG CTG cadets!

We have one encampment with about 200+ cadets. The only time we break up for wing level activities is for NCO's and BCSs, other then that we do things as a wing!

alliehz said:
We have one encampment with about 200+ cadets. The only time we break up for wing level activities is for NCO's and BCSs, other then that we do things as a wing!
Wow thats amazing I bet that takes alot of planing to pull an encampment that size! :shock:

Just a whole year in advanced!

But really, anything that is good is worth the trouble. We are just graetfull to have such dedicated cadets and senior members in out wing.

Yeah, I just found out I wont be there on staff this year. The date for encampment falls on the first week of school, and in college each class has only so much room, so if I don't show up they will give my spot to someone else. Next year! And if not, 07! lol, I'll get around to staffing encampment one of these days!

No. CAP is enough for me, besides, I'm in a Jr College, for me to join a ROTC I would have to go to Cal. But I don't feel like driving out there 6 hours a week, plus the time it takes to get there just for ROTC.

3 day's of school left!

hey

Hey ,I'm on staff for the NYWG encampment at west point at we have about 145 inflight cadets + 16 staff flight + mess and training and set. And we have 2 seperate encampments here in NY. Its alot of planning, but in the end it turns out to be an amazing experience for many new cadets, and is a time that no one will forget.

c/SMsgt Sarah Stenuf
NY Syracuse Composite Squadron 135

You have 2 encampments for such a tinny wing?! We have one out here in CAWG and my group is as big as your whole wing!

encampment

I know that your group is big, my squadron alone has 43 cadets from syracuse area alone. My people are active in our community, and one top of it we have people from long island, jersey, and NY city. So you can see where all of the people come from. Then we have those few cadets from canada that like to come in also. Thats why we have 2 different encampments. One for northern NY like lakeplacid, canada, etc. and then we have the other one for central ny and below, long island, jersey, and the city kids.

But i still need motivational checks and jodies: mostly motivational checks. That are appropriate, funny, and good. Thanks,

c/SMsgt Sarah Stenuf
NY Syracuse Composite Squadron 135

I posted the links some place else...I don't remember which post you made that I put it under.... I still don't really understand the point of two encampments, but hey, it's your guys wing...

Oh yeah, CAWG is having an offical joint encampment with Nevada this year. Apparently NVWG isn't going to have theirs due to issues so CAWG said they would hold something like 100 slots for NV alone. So if anyone wants to apply for basic do so! CAWG has one of the best encampments out there and it's such an awesome experience. I hope to hear of a good outcome from out of staters *glairs at ORWG & COWG* and CAWG cadets.

wow

wow that sounds like its going be a great encampment, what an experience. Get to meet other cadets like that. Keep me updated with that I would love to know more about it.

Back