CAP CAWG Encampment

I'm not going this year, at least I don't think so. I was going to go on as staff, but I really don't have the money to do so, that and I missed the application dead line...I do know quite alot of the staff however, and I'm sure they will have a blast!

I'm applying for the SER Winter Encampment as a Flight Commander. Over 300 cadets a year attend. The entrance to the base, i'm thinking Tyndall AFB. My Flight Commander said "On the last day there is a huge party at the beach." Right when I heard the a flight commander and I said "I'm there."

Just don't make the mistake of having food and a drink in front of your cadets like one of the flight commanders did this year :lol: . I almost made the same mistake in front of two flights but asked the other flight commander to hold on till I got descent. :D

Deleted for bashing another organization. again. Things are done because they work and things have worked out better that way.Yes I know we Sea Cadets did not look that good down at CAMP SLO for the day, but you know what, it was boot camp going to the "O" Course. I'll give you guys props, you could march way better then my recruits did, I mean way better, and they should have been a lot better.

But the fact that your staff covers were messed up made us laugh, and most of us staff wanted to have a rumble, we would have won due to shear numbers. I just can't get over your staff cadets and their cover's it's just ugly. And the "O" Course was tight.

I should have to edit almost all of your posts. Find something positive about our program - I managed to about yours. It's cool and I know several people who enjoy it a lot. Aside from that I don't know much about it. So I don't bash. ~Crazy

Camp SLO was kind of cold....I thought it would be warmer. Anyways, I didnt see a whole lot of you Sea Cadets.

I guess Sea Cadet just doesnt understand that CAP, JROTC,Sea Cadets and many more have the same goal for their programs.

Oh I understand the Goal, it's just that when I was twelve years old and then why I thought about CAP at Thirteen. Bracket Composite Squadron 64 made a bad impression on me, it was a bunch of kids my age fooling around. And just to let you know, even after that day at SLO, I was pondering on whether to Join CAP. Too much drama and bravo sierra went on in Sea Cadets this year. And to be completely candid when I get out and join the military being a Navy Midshipman either at the Academy or through NROTC, I'm going to join you guys as a Flight Officer.

But for right now I can have my fun, by poking fun at CAP. And the reason why I'm joining you guys later on is because of my friend C/SMSgt Joe Themann, First Sergeant, Suffolk Cadet Squadron Ten, New York Wing.

Sea_Cadet said:
But for right now I can have my fun, by poking fun at CAP. And the reason why I'm joining you guys later on is because of my friend C/SMSgt Joe Themann, First Sergeant, Suffolk Cadet Squadron Ten, New York Wing.

Let's not have fun poking fun at CAP. That or at least don't be so critical when you do it. We work our cans off just as much as you do - we aren't making all the big decisions, so we aren't the ones say much about it too.

Sorry to be such a tight-wad about it, but it's really hard to figure out when you are kidding and a lot of the times, it does push a lot of my buttons.

We had about 70-80 cadets at our encampment, not counting staff, counting staff, approximately 94 cadets and another group of senior staff. Six flights about 30 girls were there, we only had two cabins in which to fit thirty girls. One for A-C flights, one for D-F flights. We had maybe a foot of space between the cots.Of course, when you have a summer camp, military or not- that is COED, you have to watch the cadets becuase of the fraternization rule. Needless to say, there was alot of flirting going on there. We had some folks got caught with alot of contraband, hidden food and cell phones. It was interesting, on day 5, we had some unexpected visitors, it was 5 min before lights out, and two air force personnel walked in on us, accompanied by the cadet commander and TAC officer. They told us that these ladies would be staying with us for that night. Everyone was freaking out but me, I was thinking of how on earth we were going to fit two more cots in that room. They told us we had an extra hour. I told everyone to pick up their stuff, put it on their cots, move their cots over, and put their stuff back in order. Urgh. Next year I am going on staff tho. Mua ha ha, banging trash can lids to wake them up in the morning is fun

youngCAPcadet said:
We had maybe a foot of space between the cots.
:shock: We had two inches between each cot. Except for the two guys on the far right (looking at the row. We had one flight on each side of the sea hut.) Those two had the most. Tango Flight moved out monday afternoon, so it was all good. I, for one, didn't mind the two inches because some of the Marines were being deployed and needed sea huts.

Our Spring Enc. has a better output than summer with 125 basic cadets and 40+ senior and cadet staff. We sleep on navy "Ships" and on navy double bunks

Dont rag cap

Sea_Cadet what year did you go to Sq. 64, cuz it's not like that any more. I'm at that Sq. and it's great.

Sea_Cadet what year did you go to Sq. 64, cuz it's not like that any more. I'm at that Sq. and it's great.

Welcome to the team, bomb boy. If you wouldn't mind heading over to the Welcome Center and introducing yourself, that would be great.

Again, welcome to the team.

Back