I can't do pull ups.

Marine Monkey

I can only do maybe 4 pull ups and get to tired that I can't do anymore. This isn't good. I'm not to great with push ups either. I can do about 100 sit ups easy, but my arms and other upper body parts just suck. How can I build more upper body strength? I have to have good strength, because I want to join the USMC. I can't be weak. HELP!!!!

I can only do maybe 4 pull ups and get to tired that I can't do anymore. This isn't good. I'm not to great with push ups either. I can do about 100 sit ups easy, but my arms and other upper body parts just suck. How can I build more upper body strength? I have to have good strength, because I want to join the USMC. I can't be weak. HELP!!!!

One method I have seen used was to start using a weight belt or a weighted pack to increase resistance and help build muscle.

I think it depends greatly as to what facilities you have available to you, if you have the equipment work on adding exercises such as lat pull downs to condition those muscles.

In terms of push ups raising your feet (start small and increase the height as you improve) is enough to add resistance.

I would get into the weight room and train. I used to be a skinny, weak kid that weighted 110 lbs and could do no pull-ups. Now I am 150 and I can pump them out like they are nothing.

Just keep working at it. Sooner or later, you'll be able to pull them off without any trouble.

Back