This Cant be good....

:lol: This is going to be good.

No worries, doesn't come close to violating OPSEC or even close to reality. The show will be 100% BS, but I am sure entertaining, nonetheless.

I just don't understand, wouldn't the military be more protective of the Unit, I mean from what Ive read, they still don't mention It by name (Although Ive seen the acronym On a DoD website)

GuyontheRight said:
I just don't understand, wouldn't the military be more protective of the Unit, I mean from what Ive read, they still don't mention It by name (Although Ive seen the acronym On a DoD website)

Are you talking about the fictional made for TV operator drama or Haney's book? One is ok, while it will most likely be a bit over the edge and sure to misrepresent SOF personnel - it is for entertainment only. The other, was a strict violation of OPSEC, moral code, loyalty and ethics.

Well, Ive just read these things, from Hanley and others that paint the picture that to go out and talk about the Unit In a forum for the whole world to here Is somthing of commiting a sin against your fellow Operators. So, unless this TV drama Is going to be pointing one way while the truth Is the other way, I guess their should be a legitimate concern over the information It presents.

GuyontheRight said:
Well, Ive just read these things, from Hanley and others that paint the picture that to go out and talk about the Unit In a forum for the whole world to here Is somthing of commiting a sin against your fellow Operators. So, unless this TV drama Is going to be pointing one way while the truth Is the other way, I guess their should be a legitimate concern over the information It presents.

Haney, somewhere along the line he lost/sold his values. He violated the code, and for that, he has lost his good reputation.

This TV drama will no doubt point more into the fictional realm of Special Operations, as do most books, movies etc.

There is a new show on or about to start: a male British nanny for a typical dysfunctional american family....but he is ex S.A.S!

Back