I Can't Breath

tetvet

Banned
A TV show I watch from time to time is COPS when it takes 5 Cops to cuff the Prep the prep while resisting screams I can't breath instead of just complying he's got to fight with the Cops and says you're hurting me I can't breath .:army::shock:

Oddly enough I knew one of the producers of COPs still never liked the show though.

However lets assume just for fun me and four other of your closest mates sit on you to the point that you cant breathe and knowing full well that we are not deliberately trying to hurt you do you struggle to break free and get oxygen or just lay there until we decided to get off you?

Now I am not anti-police but it is starting to appear that in many cases maximum force is the only step being used and in return that is becoming the public's response to the police and outside a few aging right wingers it is becoming apparent that the police are losing the battle for hearts and minds which is not a good sign for the future.

Last edited:
Oddly enough I knew one of the producers of COPs still never liked the show though.

However lets assume just for fun me and four other of your closest mates sit on you to the point that you cant breathe and knowing full well that we are not deliberately trying to hurt you you you struggle to break free and get oxygen or just lay there until we decided to get off you?

Now I am not anti-police but it is starting to appear that in many cases maximum force is the only step being used and in return that is becoming the public's response to the police and outside a few aging right wingers it is becoming apparent that the police are losing the battle for hearts and minds which is not a good sign for the future.
Media isn't helping the situation any. Latest thing in Missouri is a black guy points a gun @ a Cop & gets shot(naturally). Media: Another black male shot by white cop..then adds the fact he was pointing a gun @ the cop. People are out in the streets over it. Are they really stupid enough to think there would be any other outcome?

If you can say " i can't breathe!" When your in a sleeper hold then you can breathe. The definition of someone choking you is not being able to get air out or in.

Media isn't helping the situation any. Latest thing in Missouri is a black guy points a gun @ a Cop & gets shot(naturally). Media: Another black male shot by white cop..then adds the fact he was pointing a gun @ the cop. People are out in the streets over it. Are they really stupid enough to think there would be any other outcome?

I am not concerned about some idiot pointing a gun at someone getting shot that is a more than legit response by the cop or anyone for that matter, I may question the social conditions that lead people to do such stupid things but that is about it.

On the other hand I question the need for officers in unarmed situations to take things to an extreme level that end in death.

If you can say " i can't breathe!" When your in a sleeper hold then you can breathe. The definition of someone choking you is not being able to get air out or in.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvATEjsf41g[/ame]

Well lets look at this video, I am prepared to ignore all the chatter by the bystanders and the text in the video as biased but I am not sure I saw anything in that video that justified the outcome.

What I see is a police force that believes its "authority" is more important than its responsibility to the community and that is a recipe for social unrest.

Last edited:

FYI: When I was being choked, all I can tell you from personal experience, is that I got the same words out that Mr. Garner did. "I can't breathe." And then passed out.

Doing a rear choke like that isn't supposed to block off your oxygen, it is supposed to block off the blood. If he couldn't breathe then that means the cop was doing it wrong which tells me the cop wasn't trained or trained properly. If he couldn't secure a proper hold on the man then he shouldn't have used it. There was clearly plenty of cops there. This is at the very least gross negligence resulting in manslaughter...at the worst 2nd degree murder.

What is a persons life worth?

I keep seeing a head lock on the late Mr. Garner a choke hold would be a full wrap I would think , too say the whole thing was unnecessary if Mr. Garner had just moved on is beyond the point .

The easier way to say it is he was not meant to be choked but some how the sleeper hold was heald too long depriving oxygen to the brain which then caused his brain to basically stop functioning. And also the definition of breathing is the movement of air through the lungs and in or out of the mouth.

I would be more sympathetic to the late Mr. Garners situation had Mr. Garner been on his belly and his BMI was pushing upward on his lungs .

Back