--
Boots

March 9th, 2008  
A Can of Man

Awesome photos dude!
Looks like you two had a great time.
March 9th, 2008  
deerslayer

Looked like an awesome trip, I've canoed the Buffalo river for the last 6-7 years, can't wait to go again in two weeks. Scenery is a lot like here in LA, I've been to FLA every year for the past 14 years and haven't really seen the Everglades or any of the inland wetland areas. Thanks for sharing.
March 9th, 2008  
senojekips

That was a really great days entertainment. I was really taken with the fossils, I probably wouldn't have realized what they were. (Dumb as dog "do")

Thanks for taking the time to share your photos with us, I enjoyed it immensely.
--
Boots
March 10th, 2008  
Del Boy

Beautiful, beautiful everything there is beautiful - you've sure got a wonderful country.
March 10th, 2008  
Fox

Thank, AZ, to sharing the pictures. I enjoyed it.
March 10th, 2008  
pixiedustboo

I have to mention that getting a bad sunburn more than 5 times in one's life increases the risk of skin cancer.
March 10th, 2008  
AZ_Infantry

@ Pixy

In my line of work, industrial construction, sunburns are inevitable. But I admit, we simply weren't thinking this time. Thank you for the reminder - we can all use to protect ourselves from skin cancer!

@ Fox

Thanks, glad you enjoyed them! My photography "skills" (lack thereof) leave MUCH to be desired.

@ DelBoy

Thanks! We do indeed have beautiful country out there, but Hurricane Charley from all those years ago just tore everything up, and everything still hasn't recovered yet. It's funny - ALL the homes and businesses are old, but all have brand new metal roofs. I wish I could have seen the area before Charley tore it to pieces. How people can stand in area where it's still snowing is beyond me - to each his own, but I'd rather be canoing in 85 degree weather than shoveling my car out of a snowbank any day!

@ Seno

You're welcome - thanks for taking the time to wander through so many pictures. I had no idea about the fossils, either. Laurie found one and brought it over to me and showed me what makes them different than the surrounding rocks (color, size, texture, weight, smoothness).

@ Deerslayer

This was my first canoe trip, and I admit, it's addicting. Where abouts do you visit in Florida? If you're anywhere near the southern part of the state (Ft Myers area), shoot me a PM and we'll hook up for a beer, talk us some old soldier talk. I'd suggest tearing up the town, but I don't think the wife would approve of me banging strange women and getting arrested for bar fights... But a beer at Applebees will suffice, if you're interested.

@ 13th_Redneck

Thanks, Dale! I knew you'd like them. It really was one of the best days ever - the weather, the scenery, the company... It all came together.

Where you be, bro? Hit me up on IM or shoot me a call when you get off work?

Again, thanks all for the nice sentiments and good thoughts! I hope everyone gets the opportunity to experience a day like that Sunday in your own way. That was my church, my time with God, quality time with my beloved and beautiful wife, and a relaxing float surrounded by wildlife and magnificent surroundings. Amazing.

March 10th, 2008  
A Can of Man

That's a country worth defending.
March 10th, 2008  
deerslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_Infantry
@ Pixy

@ Deerslayer

This was my first canoe trip, and I admit, it's addicting. Where abouts do you visit in Florida? If you're anywhere near the southern part of the state (Ft Myers area), shoot me a PM and we'll hook up for a beer, talk us some old soldier talk. I'd suggest tearing up the town, but I don't think the wife would approve of me banging strange women and getting arrested for bar fights... But a beer at Applebees will suffice, if you're interested.

I'm 18, and I'm not going to FL this year because I'll be visiting my bro in St. Kitts. However, I want to go to Miami next year to the SHOT Show, but that's probably going to be on ice because I'm going to Colorado in the summer. Damn gas money.
March 10th, 2008  
major liability

Nice pics. The waterways are my favorite way to see nature, if I can't get a helicopter.