The canonization of Teddy K - Page 2

--
Boots

January 8th, 2009  
HokieMSG

marsh. I'm surprised it took you this long to begin bashing the President.

THe point is both used their "influence" to avoid being posted to a war zone. Reprehensable in my opinion. I have more respect for Algore because he was in Vietnam. Maybe military service should be a requirement for public office. Just kidding.
January 8th, 2009  
mmarsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieMSG
marsh. I'm surprised it took you this long to begin bashing the President.

THe point is both used their "influence" to avoid being posted to a war zone. Reprehensable in my opinion. I have more respect for Algore because he was in Vietnam. Maybe military service should be a requirement for public office. Just kidding.
I have been here since 2005, I never miss an opportunity.

Seriously though, I wasn't the one who brought Bush up. That was done on point #2. I was explaining the difference between the two instances.

It is reprehensible, but that stuff has been going on since forever. So I don't get all tied up in a knot about it.
January 8th, 2009  
HokieMSG

marsh, I hope you took my comments in the light hearted spirit they were intended. I know you don't like President Bush. Honestly there are a lot of things I don;t like about him either, but he is my President and I have to support him. I will do the same with Obama. I suspect that my job with Obama will be harder though, because I disagree with so many of his policies.

My biggest worry is that the congress will push us farther into debt than Reagan did, and not have a plan to get us out.
--
Boots
January 8th, 2009  
mmarsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieMSG
marsh, I hope you took my comments in the light hearted spirit they were intended. I know you don't like President Bush. Honestly there are a lot of things I don;t like about him either, but he is my President and I have to support him. I will do the same with Obama. I suspect that my job with Obama will be harder though, because I disagree with so many of his policies.

My biggest worry is that the congress will push us farther into debt than Reagan did, and not have a plan to get us out.
No I knew you were kidding, I was playing along (I don't mind making fun of myself)...

Your're active duty, so you have to tie your tongue and obey no matter what you might think. I understand why, If I was was in the military I would have to do the same, even if Bush were the CNC. That's one of the true joys of being a civilian, the right to shoot your mouth off and not get in any trouble for it.