The canonization of Teddy K

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor
As soon as cancer was found, I noticed the immediate attempt at canonization of old Teddy by the main stream media. They are saying what a "great American" he is. I say, let's get a couple things clear & not twist the facts to change the real history.

1. He was caught cheating at Harvard when he attended it. He was expelled twice, once for cheating on a test, and once for paying a classmate to cheat for him.

2. While expelled, Kennedy enlisted in the Army, but mistakenly signed up for four years instead of two. Oops, the man can't count to four. His father, Joseph P. Kennedy, former U.S. Ambassador to England (a step up from bootlegging liquor into the US from Canada during prohibition), pulled the necessary strings to have his enlistment shortened to two years, and to ensure that he served in Europe, not Korea, where a war was raging. No preferential treatment for him like "he" charged President Bush received.

3. Kennedy was assigned to Paris , never advanced beyond the rank of Private, and returned to Harvard upon being discharged. Imagine a person of his "education" NEVER advancing past the rank of Private.

4. While attending law school at the University of Virginia , he was cited for reckless driving four times, including once when he was clocked driving 90 miles per hour in a residential neighborhood with his headlights off after dark. Yet his Virginia driver's license was never revoked. Coincidentally, he passed the bar exam in 1959, amazing!!!

5. In 1964, he was seriously injured in a plane crash, and hospitalized for several months. Test results done by the hospital at the time he was admitted had shown he was legally intoxicated. The results of those tests remained a "state secret" until in the 1980's when the report was unsealed. Didn't hear about that from the unbiased media, did we.

6. On July 19, 1969 , Kennedy attended a party on Chappaquiddick Island in Massachusetts . At about 11:00 PM , he borrowed his chauffeur's keys to his Oldsmobile limousine, and offered to give a ride home to Mary Jo Kopechne, a campaign worker. Leaving the island via an unlit bridge with no guard rail, Kennedy steered the car off the bridge, flipped, and into Poucha Pond.

7. He swam to shore and walked back to the party, after passing several houses and a fire station. Then two friends returned with him to the scene of the accident. According to their later testimony, they told him what he already knew, that he was required by law to immediately report the accident to the authorities. Instead Kennedy made his way to his hotel, called his lawyer, and went to sleep. Kennedy called the police the next morning and by then the wreck had already been discovered. Before dying, Kopechne had scratched at the upholstered floor above her head in the upside-down car. The Kennedy family began "calling in favors," ensuring that any inquiry would be contained. Her corpse was whisked out-of-state to her family, before an autopsy could be conducted. Further details are uncertain, but after the accident Kennedy says he repeatedly dove under the water trying to rescue Kopechne, and he didn't call police because he was in a state of shock. It is widely assumed Kennedy was drunk, and he held off calling police in hopes that his family could fix the problem overnight. Since the accident, Kennedy's "political enemies" have referred to him as the distinguished Senator from Chappaquiddick. He pled guilty to leaving the scene of an accident, and was given a SUSPENDED SENTENCE OF TWO MONTHS. Kopechne's family received a small payout from the Kennedy's insurance policy, and never sued. There was later an effort to have her body exhumed and autopsied, but her family successfully fought against this in court, and Kennedy's family paid their attorney's bills… a "token of friendship"?

8. Kennedy has held his Senate seat for more than forty years, but considering his longevity, his accomplishments seem scant. He authored or argued for legislation that ensured a variety of civil rights, increased the minimum wage in 1981, made access to health care easier for the indigent, and funded Meals on Wheels for fixed-income seniors and is widely held as the "standard-bearer for liberalism." In his very first Senate role, he was the floor manager for the bill that turned U.S. immigration policy upside down and opened the floodgate for immigrants from third world countries.

9. Since that time, he has been the prime instigator and author of every expansion of and increase in immigration, up to and including the latest attempt to grant amnesty to illegal aliens. Not to mention the Pious grilling he gave the last two Supreme Court Nominees, as if he were the standard bearer for the nation in matters of right. What a pompous ass.

10. He is known around Washington as a public drunk, loud, boisterous and very disrespectful to ladies. JERK is a better description than the great American".

Let's not allow the spin doctors make this jerk a hero – how quickly the American public forgets what his real legacy is…

Teddy Kennedy is about as honorable as Fidel Castro.... the only difference between the two is that Castro isn't a drunk.

NOW,... you are starting to understand "politics".

It doesn't say a lot for his constituents does it?

I wouldn't doubt it really.
The players of the game area really... ugh.
The only thing that makes deciding here easy is that there is one side which is at an acceptable level and the other side who used to be demonstrators and rioters of the past. Gee, guess who I'm going to pick for the top job?

As soon as cancer was found, I noticed the immediate attempt at canonization of old Teddy by the main stream media. They are saying what a "great American" he is. I say, let's get a couple things clear & not twist the facts to change the real history.

1. He was caught cheating at Harvard when he attended it. He was expelled twice, once for cheating on a test, and once for paying a classmate to cheat for him.

2. While expelled, Kennedy enlisted in the Army, but mistakenly signed up for four years instead of two. Oops, the man can't count to four. His father, Joseph P. Kennedy, former U.S. Ambassador to England (a step up from bootlegging liquor into the US from Canada during prohibition), pulled the necessary strings to have his enlistment shortened to two years, and to ensure that he served in Europe, not Korea, where a war was raging. No preferential treatment for him like "he" charged President Bush received.

3. Kennedy was assigned to Paris , never advanced beyond the rank of Private, and returned to Harvard upon being discharged. Imagine a person of his "education" NEVER advancing past the rank of Private.

4. While attending law school at the University of Virginia , he was cited for reckless driving four times, including once when he was clocked driving 90 miles per hour in a residential neighborhood with his headlights off after dark. Yet his Virginia driver's license was never revoked. Coincidentally, he passed the bar exam in 1959, amazing!!!

5. In 1964, he was seriously injured in a plane crash, and hospitalized for several months. Test results done by the hospital at the time he was admitted had shown he was legally intoxicated. The results of those tests remained a "state secret" until in the 1980's when the report was unsealed. Didn't hear about that from the unbiased media, did we.

6. On July 19, 1969 , Kennedy attended a party on Chappaquiddick Island in Massachusetts . At about 11:00 PM , he borrowed his chauffeur's keys to his Oldsmobile limousine, and offered to give a ride home to Mary Jo Kopechne, a campaign worker. Leaving the island via an unlit bridge with no guard rail, Kennedy steered the car off the bridge, flipped, and into Poucha Pond.

7. He swam to shore and walked back to the party, after passing several houses and a fire station. Then two friends returned with him to the scene of the accident. According to their later testimony, they told him what he already knew, that he was required by law to immediately report the accident to the authorities. Instead Kennedy made his way to his hotel, called his lawyer, and went to sleep. Kennedy called the police the next morning and by then the wreck had already been discovered. Before dying, Kopechne had scratched at the upholstered floor above her head in the upside-down car. The Kennedy family began "calling in favors," ensuring that any inquiry would be contained. Her corpse was whisked out-of-state to her family, before an autopsy could be conducted. Further details are uncertain, but after the accident Kennedy says he repeatedly dove under the water trying to rescue Kopechne, and he didn't call police because he was in a state of shock. It is widely assumed Kennedy was drunk, and he held off calling police in hopes that his family could fix the problem overnight. Since the accident, Kennedy's "political enemies" have referred to him as the distinguished Senator from Chappaquiddick. He pled guilty to leaving the scene of an accident, and was given a SUSPENDED SENTENCE OF TWO MONTHS. Kopechne's family received a small payout from the Kennedy's insurance policy, and never sued. There was later an effort to have her body exhumed and autopsied, but her family successfully fought against this in court, and Kennedy's family paid their attorney's bills… a "token of friendship"?

8. Kennedy has held his Senate seat for more than forty years, but considering his longevity, his accomplishments seem scant. He authored or argued for legislation that ensured a variety of civil rights, increased the minimum wage in 1981, made access to health care easier for the indigent, and funded Meals on Wheels for fixed-income seniors and is widely held as the "standard-bearer for liberalism." In his very first Senate role, he was the floor manager for the bill that turned U.S. immigration policy upside down and opened the floodgate for immigrants from third world countries.

9. Since that time, he has been the prime instigator and author of every expansion of and increase in immigration, up to and including the latest attempt to grant amnesty to illegal aliens. Not to mention the Pious grilling he gave the last two Supreme Court Nominees, as if he were the standard bearer for the nation in matters of right. What a pompous ass.

10. He is known around Washington as a public drunk, loud, boisterous and very disrespectful to ladies. JERK is a better description than the great American".

Let's not allow the spin doctors make this jerk a hero – how quickly the American public forgets what his real legacy is…

Good post. It's been said, if he had been driving a volkswagen, he could have become President.

I think you people are being a little cruel

071224-kennedy-compassion-poster.jpg

orig.jpg

ted-kennedy.jpg

and one for the ever dependable Volkswagen

tedvwsmall.jpg

I am not a fan of the Kennedy Clan, I know them on a personal level, Ted's niece was in my HS class. I find them snobbish, unimpressive, and not very intelligent.

I don't like Dynastys GOP or Dem, they have all been bad with the exception of the Roosevelts. They are not my favorite Democrat family by any strech.

That being said, some of this stuff is unfair. And although Ted isnt my favorite politican, I am sorry he has (terminal) cancer. Thats not something I would wish on anyone.

2. The difference is the Bush got special treatment to specifically avoid going into a war, not because of a clerical error. What was wrong was that 40 years later paraded himself like he was f***ing Patton totally oblivious to what in his past. Its the hypocrisy that was so outrageous. The only thing Bush got right that day was Pattons ego and arrogence.

3. So what? Not everyone is made for the military, that's not a crime. This is somewhat insulting to enlisted personnel as it suggests they are dumb. Lots of people never rise above private, are we going to call them all dumb? BTW Ted isn't dumb, you don't survive 40 years as a Washington Top Dog by being stupid, it required some degree of smarts.

4. Again, so what? Who here hasnt been cited for speeding? Even multiple times. Trivial.

5. Again, so what? He was drunk on a plane. Was he flying the plane? Was he deemed responisible for the crash? How does this matter? Its not exactly a state secret he's an alcoholic, just look at his flushed face. To suggest that he was someone implicated in the crash is pure smear.

Last edited:
marsh. I'm surprised it took you this long to begin bashing the President.

THe point is both used their "influence" to avoid being posted to a war zone. Reprehensable in my opinion. I have more respect for Algore because he was in Vietnam. Maybe military service should be a requirement for public office. Just kidding.

marsh. I'm surprised it took you this long to begin bashing the President.

THe point is both used their "influence" to avoid being posted to a war zone. Reprehensable in my opinion. I have more respect for Algore because he was in Vietnam. Maybe military service should be a requirement for public office. Just kidding.

I have been here since 2005, I never miss an opportunity.

Seriously though, I wasn't the one who brought Bush up. That was done on point #2. I was explaining the difference between the two instances.

It is reprehensible, but that stuff has been going on since forever. So I don't get all tied up in a knot about it.

Last edited:
marsh, I hope you took my comments in the light hearted spirit they were intended. I know you don't like President Bush. Honestly there are a lot of things I don;t like about him either, but he is my President and I have to support him. I will do the same with Obama. I suspect that my job with Obama will be harder though, because I disagree with so many of his policies.

My biggest worry is that the congress will push us farther into debt than Reagan did, and not have a plan to get us out.

marsh, I hope you took my comments in the light hearted spirit they were intended. I know you don't like President Bush. Honestly there are a lot of things I don;t like about him either, but he is my President and I have to support him. I will do the same with Obama. I suspect that my job with Obama will be harder though, because I disagree with so many of his policies.

My biggest worry is that the congress will push us farther into debt than Reagan did, and not have a plan to get us out.

No I knew you were kidding, I was playing along (I don't mind making fun of myself)...;-)

Your're active duty, so you have to tie your tongue and obey no matter what you might think. I understand why, If I was was in the military I would have to do the same, even if Bush were the CNC. That's one of the true joys of being a civilian, the right to shoot your mouth off and not get in any trouble for it.

Back