I cannot "quote" posts of more than a few lines.

senojekips

Please disregard this post, the problem has been solved. An explanation below at Post #9

This problem seemed to start about a week ago.

When I try to "Quote" a post longer than 10-15 lines, all I get is a blank page.

To get around this, I cut and paste the complete post I wish to quote and merely answer each question in a coloured text to show my input

However, I occasionally get weird happenings like I cannot change the colour of a small part of my text (half a dozen words at the end of a line most often) and can only work around it by cutting into a line of text that is already in that colour and cutting and pasting the new section where I want it

MontyB PM'd me as he has also been having the same problem. I'm wondering if maybe there is a flaky Forum update or something that may have bought this about?

Cheers,
Spike

Last edited:
I haven't had this problem (touch wood). Could it be something with your computers?

I have tried deleting my cookies but it really only is a few people that I can not "quote" not everyone as you can see.

I was wondering whether it had something to do with non-English keyboards.

It's only you antipodeans having problems, the rest of the world is fine! :p :D

What rest of the world?
The world ends at Gepps Cross ( a northern suburb of Adelaide).

I have no difficulty quoting short posts, it only seems to be the longer posts on this site that are affected, as if there is some sort of "buffering" or memory problem. I have plenty of free memory, but I have no idea whether that even has anything to do with it.

Last edited:
It's only you antipodeans having problems, the rest of the world is fine! :p :D

Rest of the world?

I thought there was only New Zealand, Germany to supply beer and the USA for comic relief, West New Zealand more commonly known as Australia as a vacation spot.

I better look into this rest of the wold thing.
:)

Anyway I have just loaded Google Chrome and find that the problem goes away so this may only be an issue with Firefox or at least my version of Firefox 26.0

Last edited:
Anyway I have just loaded Google Chrome and find that the problem goes away so this may only be an issue with Firefox or at least my version of Firefox 26.0
Ooo,... I use Firefox V26.0 too

I might have to try an older version.

It's only you antipodeans having problems, the rest of the world is fine! :p :-D
Firstly I deeply resent your implication that I am an anti podean.

I have had several podeans, and they make loyal, if somewhat brainless pets. They are good with children, sharing a similar intellect,... although I have found that they are very hard to toilet train.

Last edited:
Strange goings on.

When this problem was solved by MontyB changing Browsers to Google Chrome, I tried the same, with no luck, (I also tried IE and failed), I then tried upgrading my version of Firefox by going to the "About Firefox" in the "Help" sub menu and clicking on "Check for later version" only to be informed that I already had the latest browser in use. It was version 26.0

I eventually went onto the Mozilla Downloads site where I was informed that the latest version was in fact 27.0 Beta. I downloaded and installed it and my problems all disappeared.

I've seen this happening in a few posts that contained special/non-standard characters.
Some browsers doesn't seem to like that in input fields..

Ok I seem to have fixed it with firefox.

First I downloaded Google Chrome and imported my bookmarks.

Second I deleted Firefox and cleaned up the registry to get rid of any remaining traces.

Third I rebooted and cleaned up my registry again to make sure it was gone.

Fourth I downloaded Firefox 27.0 and reinstalled my bookmarks from Chrome and tested it out.

Fifth I got rid of Chrome (cant stand google).

Thanks Monty, I've just done that and given it a try and it has worked once so far, which is a good sign.

I'm now madly re setting things the way I had them before, like, using the Bookmarks Menu rather than the Toolbar and little things like that.
We old farts don't appreciate change. Like you I am becoming very anti Google as they try to tie together all of my deliberately created separate accounts.

On one page they would not let me progress unless I entered my phone number,... I'd already given them a false address and could have given a false Phone number, but knowing the way they work there will come a time when they will want you to verify things over the phone.

Yeah even as a search engine I have abandoned Google for StartPage and IXQuick, Startpage is a US engine that uses Google anonymously and IXQuick does not record IP's, I also have loaded up a program called "Disconnect" which blocks Google, Facebook and Twitter applications.

I am just tired of the intrusiveness of Google and co there is a limit to how much they need to know.

It all sounds very familiar, I will try the Search Engine and software you have recommended.

I have had my back up ever since they locked me out of my Panaramio account refusing me entry to my own posts until I joined Google+. Since that time i avoid anthying Google like the plague with the exception of Google Earth, and if they start their demands there, that will get the flick too.

I think I've finally been able to fix this problem now, so it should work again in all browsers (I hope.... ) :smil:

Back