Canadians making coffee in Afghanistan

--
Boots

March 28th, 2012  
lolwhassup

Topic: Canadians making coffee in Afghanistan

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAItDEaBR-U"]Welcome to "Making Coffee in Afghanistan" - YouTube[/ame]

March 28th, 2012  
viper2007

Canadians...

You guys should have bought British military vehicles instead of American's. All British vehicles (I know of the Centurion tank, at least) has a boiling can for their tea (you still can have your coffee!)

With the MI or the Leopard, what can you have? Home made distilled moonshine, at the most...!
March 28th, 2012  
BritinAfrica

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper2007
Canadians...

You guys should have bought British military vehicles instead of American's. All British vehicles (I know of the Centurion tank, at least) has a boiling can for their tea (you still can have your coffee!)

With the MI or the Leopard, what can you have? Home made distilled moonshine, at the most...!
I once tried making a cup of tea in the cab of a AEC 10 truck while in convoy, I nearly set the truck on fire.
--
Boots
March 28th, 2012  
viper2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinAfrica
I once tried making a cup of tea in the cab of a AEC 10 truck while in convoy, I nearly set the truck on fire.
Noooo, you did not do that....

An almost same thing happened here with one of the Centurion tanks we had, 1 joker tried to brew coffee and the clod spiled the whole stuff onto the whole crew... except the driver!
March 28th, 2012  
5.56X45mm

Three words:

Ranger Chocolate Cake
March 29th, 2012  
AFSteliga

Combat coffee. Gotta love it.
September 3rd, 2012  
Forever

That... Made my day.
September 4th, 2012  
BritinAfrica

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper2007
Noooo, you did not do that....

An almost same thing happened here with one of the Centurion tanks we had, 1 joker tried to brew coffee and the clod spiled the whole stuff onto the whole crew... except the driver!
Well as I wasn't driving I decided to make myself a cuppa.
September 4th, 2012  
headwards

Give that man a stripe!
Haha im surprised you were allowed in vehicles after that! Im assuming you were using hexy?
September 4th, 2012  
BritinAfrica

Quote:
Originally Posted by headwards
Give that man a stripe!
Haha im surprised you were allowed in vehicles after that! Im assuming you were using hexy?
Erm, I was a full screw section commander.

I had one of those little blue gas burners that used those little blue gas bottles. I had my mess tin almost on the boil when my idiot driver hit a pot hole. The mess tin of hot water went over my boots and the burner ended up on the drivers side of the cab. I had to crawl over the engine cover to retrieve it before it set him on fire. I did call him a pratt.

Those Hexy burners makes the tea taste like paraffin. Spit Spit.