Canadian Forces

Pedro M.

Hello guys, my name's Pedro and I'm from Brazil. I think I've decided about be a military. I Don't want to be a military/live on Brazil for numerous reasons.​
The frist one, corruption. I think 90% of public organs are corrupts, including the military. It f*cks our lives.
Another reason is my life condition. I'm not poor, or living in a favela, but next to one. The violence tax here(thanks to the f*cking disarmament campaign) is ridiculous. You can't defend yourself. If you react to a crime and hurts/kill the bandit, you're the guilty. No sense.

I don't like the weather, it's too hot. Not only the summer, but in all time.
Enough for reasons for now. I've searched for countries that have a good life condition. I adjusted more in Canada. Second, US.

I Preferred Canada over the US because of the security and the benefits of being a military(salary, health plan, etc).

Then, I would some information about the military procedure in Canada. I've read about the requisits, basically it's be a canadian citzen, be 17 yeards old, or older, and have a good level of education.

Can someone give me some advices about it? And can someone explain more about Us procedure?(I have a aunt in US, that helps in something?)

Thanks about the attention, and sorry for the bad english. I've tried using the translator as little as possible.

First, thanks for the reply, Ruscan!
Reading the link, I've reached in the requisites:
  1. Be a Canadian Citizen.
  2. Be 17 years of age, with parental consent, or older, except:
    • Regular Officer Training Plan – Junior applications must be 16 or older.
  3. Have completed at least Grade 10 or Secondaire IV (in Quebec).
    • Certain entry programs and occupations require higher levels of education.
The first one, "Be a Canadian Citizen", includes immigrants that lives in Canada? If yes, what is the type of visa(I don't know if this is the exactly word) needed?

Thanks for the attention, Pedro.

If you keep reading the requirements page, you'll get your answer. But in short: no, it does not include immigrants, unless they have completed all the steps required to become a citizen: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/become.asp

When I joined, landed immigrants were only able to join the Reserves as a Non-Commissioned Member. As that was over 9 years ago, it may very well have changed.

My best advice to you would be to get ahold of a Canadian Forces Recruiting Office. There should be a phone number or email address in the link that RusCan2013 gave you.

Nice with USA's granths in northern North America. Canada is strong in defence however they where most killed against talibans.

3000 soldiers were killed of canadian forces against talibans but they killed talibans maybe 4000-6000 death talibans of Canada forces.

USA's death soldiers was under 2000 and that is strong when they killed 18000-20000 talibans in massive attack's against enemies. USA was best of USA, Sweden and NATO against this terrorit's. Have I wrong or?

- - - -

En question about Canada's army:

How big are forces today? It is over or under 58000 soldiers!?

Last edited:
Nice with USA's granths in northern North America. Canada is strong in defence however they where most killed against talibans.

3000 soldiers were killed of canadian forces against talibans but they killed talibans maybe 4000-6000 death talibans of Canada forces.

USA's death soldiers was under 2000 and that is strong when they killed 18000-20000 talibans in massive attack's against enemies. USA was best of USA, Sweden and NATO against this terrorit's. Have I wrong or?

- - - -

Hey, moron, there were only 2,500 Canadians in Afghanistan, there couldn't have been 3000 killed.

First, thanks for the reply, Ruscan!
Reading the link, I've reached in the requisites:

The first one, "Be a Canadian Citizen", includes immigrants that lives in Canada? If yes, what is the type of visa(I don't know if this is the exactly word) needed?

Thanks for the attention, Pedro.

It worked for me :D (Though I'm in Reserve, not active military).

- - - -

3,000 killed in action? That's pretty impressive, considering there were only around 2,500 Canadian Armed Forces personnel in Afghanistan at any given time...

You might want to re-check your information. To date, there have been 158 Canadian Armed Forces members killed in support of the War on Terror, and only 138 of those were due to hostile action. Far fewer than the 3,000 you're talking about, unless you actually meant to include Wounded In Action, and non-battle injuries. Even then, you're still only looking at a combined total of 2,229 casualties.

To answer your question about the size of the Canadian Armed Forces, we have around 115,000 personnel. But that's including both the Primary and Supplementary Reserves. The Regular Force itself is just under 70,000, split between the Canadian Army, Royal Canadian Navy, and Royal Canadian Air Force.

I'm not sure where the 3000 number came from, but the Canadian Forces have lost 158 soldiers in Afghanistan.

Looks like the poster above I has already covered this.

Back