Canadian Firefight in Afganistan

Three observations:

1) At 1:07 on the first video, the soldier has his bayonet fixed. When is the last time a NATO soldier actually killed an enemy with a bayonet?

2) These guys seemed so bleedin calm throughout the whole thing that I expected to see them yawn at any moment. It seemed more like an exercise for them.

3) The local troopers seemed about as dangerous to friendlies as the enemy.

moving0target said:
When is the last time a NATO soldier actually killed an enemy with a bayonet?
Since the US is part of NATO: there is an event from OIF I where some number of Marines were about to be overrun, then they fixed bayonets and, under suppressive fire, charged and slaughtered the enemy completely. I thought about buying them all wheel barrows so they can truck around their enormous balls.

Nice find Redleg. I was about to mention that engagement.

The bayonet is not redundent, it as much a viable weapon as ever before.

2) These guys seemed so bleedin calm throughout the whole thing that I expected to see them yawn at any moment. It seemed more like an exercise for them.

That is not a bad thing.

One bad thing though. In the 2nd video, there a bloke standing for ages, from 06:00 secs onwards.
He's asking for trouble.

Last edited:
Maytime said:
Since the US is part of NATO: there is an event from OIF I where some number of Marines were about to be overrun, then they fixed bayonets and, under suppressive fire, charged and slaughtered the enemy completely. I thought about buying them all wheel barrows so they can truck around their enormous balls.
Yeah that enemy was protesting civilians.

It s nice to see how the other part of the US lead coalition is faring in the Middle East.All I get in the US is,five american soldiers died today,or a Us helicopter was shot down today,so on and so on.Im not saying its in vain,or showing disrespect to my fallen fellow citizens,god bless em,and thanks,but the only thing I ve heard about the other parts of the coalition is when the British soldiers abused those prisoners.The media is seeming showing the negitive sides of the American efforts and shuning out the Other nations in this mess to out of the picture in US news.Heck Im getting more on the growing Isreali conflict than I do on Canadian efforts in the middle East.This thread is good to see for me,Ive got more news on this about our Canadian neighbors to the north in this thread than I would from watching CNN for a year.

Last edited:
Well you atleast get something. The situation for the Swedes in Afghanistan is pretty much unknown, no news, no fotage what so ever. Only time was when a road bomb took out 2 Swedes, as it happened to be an SSG soldier it got news cover.

Well you atleast get something. The situation for the Swedes in Afghanistan is pretty much unknown, no news, no fotage what so ever. Only time was when a road bomb took out 2 Swedes, as it happened to be an SSG soldier it got news cover.

The same for Aussies. It is very much under wraps.
The latest news article from Afghanistan was that 6 Australian SAS soldiers had been injured.... 2 Months before the story was printed.

AussieNick said:
The same for Aussies. It is very much under wraps.
The latest news article from Afghanistan was that 6 Australian SAS soldiers had been injured.... 2 Months before the story was printed.
Same with Germans in Afghanistan. Apparently they come under fire every day, but it's only reported when they get injured. Apparently this one time a Fennek recon vehicle was destroyed but it was only mentioned much later in a small article.

America ,America,America,ask the normal American citizen who all is in the Coalition,and they most likly cant answer.Its sad really,we should also thank those who died fighting terror and oppression in or allied nations as well as our own,but I guess nobody sees it that way,...

Ask the normal European/Asian/African/Aussie/South American/Antarctican Penguin about <insert topic>, and you would get roughly the same answer. Regular people who have no ties or interests in government/military affairs just don't care.

Even those who pretend to care, don't care. Ask Cindy Sheehan about which nations are in the Coalition, her reply will be, "It doesn't matter, Bush LIED!!!11"

Back