The Canadian Army - Page 4

--

June 15th, 2006  
Maytime

SF= Special Forces= Army
SOF= Special Operation Forces= Everone else

No disrespect Senior Chief, but, and PJ can attest to this I'm sure, SF types get very touchy about the use of their name.
June 15th, 2006  
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maytime
SF= Special Forces= Army
SOF= Special Operation Forces= Everone else

No disrespect Senior Chief, but, and PJ can attest to this I'm sure, SF types get very touchy about the use of their name.
What names have I been using that would make you post that?

Seals? Green Berets? Rangers? Those are common terms. The people I know that serve in that capacity have not been referenced here other than the fact that I know them.

BTW, when they wear their uniforms (class A) they have their name tag as well as their designator. The Navy Seal is very hard to miss.
June 15th, 2006  
Maytime

Oh my bad Senior Chief, I didn't see the quoted text in one of your posts. Knocking out some push ups.
--
June 16th, 2006  
CDT.Ensign

man i cant wait for training to start, its gonna be hard as hell, but the staisfaction of passing buds training and becoming a USN SEAL will make it all go away
June 16th, 2006  
Maytime

I wouldn't get into that mentality, but what do I know. What's the phrase, "The last easy day was yesterday?"
June 16th, 2006  
CDT.Ensign

i just wanna make sure i can get through the training
June 17th, 2006  
Rabs

Well I can respect your willing to take on that challenge and the dangers that are sure to come with graduation.
June 17th, 2006  
CDT.Ensign

im just really hoping i make it to graduation, then what comes next i can prepare myself for
June 21st, 2006  
Dean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior Chief
My experiences in Canada have been as disperse as they can be.

The French portion of Canada basically sucks in my books. The English speaking part of Canada is OK.

I once asked a guy from Quebec what the difference between the French spoken in Quebec and the French spoken in France. His response floored me, "The Quebec French is a much more pure languange."

I'm no fan of France, but I felt this was really reaching for respectability.
Pure was a poor choice of words, but in the end, he was right. The French spoken in Quebec is quite similar to the French spoken in France 300 years ago, whereas Parisian French has changed and adopted words from many different sources. As for your observation about how French Canada sucks, perhaps you would appreciate it a lot more if you made an effort to learn the language. As it is, I live there, and I have noticed that it is mostly the tourists from Oklahoma that make stupid comments like that. Must be the lack of a useful education system....

If you don't like it, then be a bit more circumspect in how you state your opinions.

Dean.
June 21st, 2006  
Ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean

If you don't like it, then be a bit more circumspect in how you state your opinions.

Dean.
Look whos talking. "Lack of a useful education system." Its comments like that which start a flame war. If you are going to correct someone, be mature about it.

And to speak of foreigners making uneducated comments, I'm sure you've all seen those videos from Canadian television where their film crews come down here and make it look like all Americans are ignorant by asking a few some questions.