Was Canada's Arrow the most powerful plane in the 1950's?

View Poll Results :What plane was the most powerful in the 1950's?
Canada CF-105 Arrow 6 54.55%
USA F-106 Delta Dart 4 36.36%
Soviet MiG-21 Fishbed-C 1 9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

--

September 16th, 2004  
Red_Army

Topic: Was Canada's Arrow the most powerful plane in the 1950's?

In the 1950's, Canada built the CF-105 Arrow. A big speedy Delta-winged interceptor. The plane used technology far more advanced than the Americans or the Soviets. The Arrow was also the first aircraft to adopt "fly-by-wire" technology, which is a type of control system where a computer assists the pilot in piloting the plane, making the plane easier to fly and manoeuvre. Unfortunately, the Arrow was cancelled because of political reasons.
September 16th, 2004  
Trevor

That's kind of a no-brainer. Of course the arrow was the most advanced and powerful fighter of the 1950's. There was no other fighter intercepter that could go over mach 2 back then, and few today. The Americans couldn't stand that Canada had a more advanced fighter than them back then, so they got to Diefenbaker, who had the program cancelled and the remaining arrows scrapped. I better stop, because i tend to get really mad every time thie subject is brought up.
September 16th, 2004  
AFSteliga

The Avro Canada CF-105 Arrow was, without a doubt, the most technologically advanced aircraft of the 1950's. If the project had continued, Canada would have had the most technologically advanced Air Force in the world.
--
September 28th, 2004  
c/Mcpl.Lynam

iam with you guys it makes me mad when ever i hear about wat happened
September 28th, 2004  
A Can of Man

Politicians!!!
Couldn't think of buying the CF-105s?