Canada refuses to join U.S Missile defence system - Page 2

--
Boots

March 7th, 2005  
Charge 7

I'm not saying they would attack Canada. I _am_ saying you're in the line of fire. The shortest route for missile attack from Russia against the US is of course over the polar icecap. Missiles fall short sometimes.
March 7th, 2005  
MontyB

Hehe well you know what they say great minds think alike or is it fools never differ.

I am guessing one applies.
March 7th, 2005  
A Can of Man

This program is probably something to put in place for the emergence of rival super powers.
If not, this is a complete waste of money.
Right now the fight is at the human level. In essence the conflicts have found the face of people again, after 50 years of fighting "faceless" enemies. The only way to counter them now is to meet them face to face.
--
Boots
March 7th, 2005  
Whispering Death

And I'm sure if there is a nuclear exchange all the winds will be blowing the radiation south into mexico... it's not like Canada has any major cities right next to the U.S.-Canada boarder anyway...
July 29th, 2005  
AikiRooster

Topic: Hmmmm.

Ottawa and Toronto are not far from border. Probably others as well but definitely those two are close.
July 29th, 2005  
Italian Guy

A large majority of Canada population live within 60 miles from the border.
Montrčal, Quebec Cy, Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton, Regina, Calgary, Vancouver... Oh and Winnipeg is not that far either.