Canada to finally replace the aging Sea Kings.

--

December 14th, 2004  
Trevor

Topic: Canada to finally replace the aging Sea Kings.

After a thorough pre-qualification and bid evaluation process, the Government of Canada has selected the H92 proposed by Sikorsky as the winner of the Maritime Helicopter Project.

I say it's about time too. We've had the sea kings for over 60 years, and they were fixing them with duct tape!

http://www.airforce.forces.gc.ca/equ...48/intro_e.asp

This is Canada's new maritime helicopter: CH-148 Cyclone.

December 15th, 2004  
NgoDinhdiem

yeah this gotta be the gbiggest BS in canadian military history. I am glad our govt finaly had the will to do this, common sure we dont have to spend like the US but at least we should spend more on our military that a developiong nation
December 29th, 2004  
Turner

but what kind of wepons does it have it can't fly in too battle without surrport
--
December 29th, 2004  
r031Button

It's a maratime helicpoter...so torpedos and I think it has a C9 (Canadian M249) on the back. It's not an attack helicopter, it's utility and anti sub. The only problem with this thing is that we're not gettin git for another what? 10 years
January 1st, 2005  
Darcia

then they will be 70 years old......but man 60 thats an old helo. Thats like what. 2 American Helo Generations of designs right thier that came and went.
January 1st, 2005  
devilwasp

60?
Try more like 25.
January 1st, 2005  
r031Button

It's actually closer to 40
January 1st, 2005  
devilwasp

Quote:
Originally Posted by r031Button
It's actually closer to 40
They have been in service for 25+ years thats all i know.
January 1st, 2005  
r031Button

We got them in the 1960's. At least we did in Canada.