Can you use glasses in the Army?

why yes you can..it just knocks you out on being a pilot in the Air Force, but they will definetly take them little uncorrected eyes...connected to the soon to be corrected body... :D

Snauhi said:
can you were glasses in army i am not sure? (i know stupid question)

Yup, the Army will even give you a real sexy pair free. Cus they don't want you wearing an ugly pair and disgracing the uniform. Be careful wearing them around ladies tho, they been know to make women fall madly in love with men wearing the glasses. ;)

contacts are bad, because if you were wearing them in combat and happened to get hit with tear gas, it wouldn't be too good. right now i am wearing the RPG's :( , but i ordered a pair of civi glasses online, and the military issues you one pair of civi glasses per year. also, we got the wiley-x goggles, which are super high speed, and prescription can be filled.

The glasses they issue you in the Army are jokingly called "Catch me F**k me's". that was back along time ago when I was in. But I don't know if they're called that anymore since it's actually a hip style.

Oh boy, I can't wait for my pair of BCG's next year. I'll be fit to kill ladies with 'em on.

As for laser eye surgery, what I gather from a person I know who's just gotten to his first duty station, is that Infantry and all other front-line specialties are put up at the top of the priority list for getting their eyes lased, so you're in good (as good as the DoD'll ever be) as far as that goes. 'Cause glasses suck out in the field, be they ever-durable and ever-sexy BCGs or not.

And contacts are pretty much just no. Really tough-luck to find many sanitary situations to do the dance of the 'let's stick my finger in my eye and wiggle the lens out.'

So one of the first things I'm gonna do when I pop up at my first duty station is see about getting my eyes lased. Even though it'll mean parting with the drop-dead gorgeous BCGs, the loss of which might crimp my chances of reproduction... ;)

I imagine that the military will pay for laser eye surgery if you have trained for an MOS number that requires good eyesight. They pay for breast enlargement...so why not eye surgery?

My fiance is joining the Army and she wears glasses (as a matter of fact she just left to go to Buffalo for the MEPS and ASVAB stuff to sign up [She lives in NY]) and she's told me they give you a pair... a real goofy pair you have to wear. So ya you can wear glasses, but the ones they give you though lol.

Back