Can USA really win a big war?

Status
Not open for further replies.
like everyone here been saying you put too much stock on PLA propaganda.

If you want to believe that the US can't win a big war, or a war with China that's fine, go ahead believe in your own Chinese fantasies and propaganda, when the time comes well hand you people your ass in take out basket.

As far as Iran goes, the USA has to actually take American public opinion into account. China has a bit of advantage there. If your Chinese, and you want to know what your opinion is, the government will tell you what your opinion is. If you have another opinion, they'll make sure you know that you are wrong for doing so. So you're not likely to see antiwar protests in the streets of Bejing if China attacks anyone.

As far as China kicking the USA's ass in the Korean War, Flying Frog, you don't seem too keen on listening to anyone else's viewpoint because that's not what happened. If China won, why is there still a South Korea? And yes, they most certainly did try to go past the 38th parallel. They did so. They were pushed back. The whole thing bogged down to a stalemate roughly at the 38th and ceasefire was eventually called. If your official Chinese history says something different, then your official Chinese history is lying. You are also not taking into account that the USA purposely DID NOT go all-out to prevent beginning World War III.

Still, my problem with what you keep repeating is that you don't actually answer other people's points. You keep saying the same things over and over again, and it sure sounds like propaganda. If you don't like that stereotype, prove us wrong and show us that you have an open mind.

like everyone here been saying you put too much stock on PLA propaganda.

If you want to believe that the US can't win a big war, or a war with China that's fine, go ahead believe in your own Chinese fantasies and propaganda, when the time comes well hand you people your ass in take out basket.

Now, that's what you believes. I can say the same to you: you just wanna believe the propaganda your government gives you, like there is WMD in Iraq :D

But I don't mind too much, it is anyway your opinion.

As far as Iran goes, the USA has to actually take American public opinion into account. China has a bit of advantage there. If your Chinese, and you want to know what your opinion is, the government will tell you what your opinion is. If you have another opinion, they'll make sure you know that you are wrong for doing so. So you're not likely to see antiwar protests in the streets of Bejing if China attacks anyone.

Please don't think I am brainwashed. You should not assume too much about FlyingFrog.

As far as China kicking the USA's ass in the Korean War, Flying Frog, you don't seem too keen on listening to anyone else's viewpoint because that's not what happened. If China won, why is there still a South Korea? And yes, they most certainly did try to go past the 38th parallel. They did so. They were pushed back. The whole thing bogged down to a stalemate roughly at the 38th and ceasefire was eventually called. If your official Chinese history says something different, then your official Chinese history is lying. You are also not taking into account that the USA purposely DID NOT go all-out to prevent beginning World War III.

I understand your pride about your nation, but you just don't want to accept the fact:
Chinese troops started from nowhere (border), and occupied half of Korea which was occupied by your US troops, and yet you don't want to admit you lost to Chinese, that's a bit sad.

All Out War in Korea?
US troops was will MORE than 20 UN troops, a big bunch of allies. China at that time was part of Communist Block, the USSR was China's ally, they got nukes too, so all out with nukes? McArthur wanted to nuke China, but US president dared not, why? USSR got nukes too, so forget All Out War.

Still, my problem with what you keep repeating is that you don't actually answer other people's points. You keep saying the same things over and over again, and it sure sounds like propaganda. If you don't like that stereotype, prove us wrong and show us that you have an open mind.

I did read all your posts, but what I read from you dudes are mainly the emotions. I have proved following points:

1. USA lost to Chinese in Korea War.
2. USA lost terribly in Vietname War.
3. USA didn't win any major wars after WW2.
4. If USA is so capable, it must have "liberated" Iran and N.Korea which you think the "evil countries", but USA didn't, not because not willing, but not be able to.

FlyingFrog, behave yourself, posts stating that you "kicked ass" against another member's country will not be tolerated, nor will any other immature claims. This goes for everyone else as well.

Redneck said:
FlyingFrog, behave yourself, posts stating that you "kicked ass" against another member's country will not be tolerated, nor will any other immature claims. This goes for everyone else as well.

Thanks for reminding me that, actually I like the style here that Mods are controlling any kind of flames.

Back to Topic again:
I started this topis as "Can USA really win a big war?"
With all respect to USA military, yet I didn't see USA winning a major war against an organized middle-large enemy country since WW2.

Since USA has not yet proven it can win a major war since WW2, therefore the question topic.

Some people may not like it, but man we should be open to any "negative" opinions, sometimes those opinions may help you too if you want. Of course everyone likes to hear beautiful praises but I am just plain open frank, I like to fire a lot of "negative" bullets to Chinese government too.

So long as we see things from all sides.

If you noticed, many of us expressed our doubts about the US in a large war. I guess the only way to know is if something big happens.

BTW, Iran doesn't really qualify as a "big war". Iran's military is no stronger than Iraq's was in 1991, and less up to date.

I agree: So long as we see things from all sides.

But I honestly hope there will be no Big War more in the history. But how knows, there may pop up a blood-thirsty evil leader like Hitler. So every country got to be get prepared.

Iran:
Iran is now way stronger than Iraq once was. And not like Iraqi government, Iranians got guts to fight to end. Never under-estimate the big "enemy", Bush is right, no war against Iran, not Bush not willing, but Bush knows it is not easy.

Mod edit: In the future, you need to back up your claims with verifiable facts, and provide logical reasons for your opinions in relation to world events (i.e. WHY you feel that something is so), particularly in highly charged topics such as this.

REMOVED We like to come up with our own conclusions on matters and you have trouble coping with that. Just because someone says somthing not written in your history books dosent make them wrong.

Mod edit: Your first comment was unneeded, Big_Z, if you have any questions about this, PM me.

Do not attempt to moderate one another in the public forum, if you want to have a personal debate use the private messaging system. Big_Z and thunder, your off topic posts have been removed.

[quote="FlyingFrog}
1. USA lost to Chinese in Korea War.
2. USA lost terribly in Vietname War.
3. USA didn't win any major wars after WW2.[/quote]

Did you forgot the first gulf war?

Iraq at that time had the 4th largest army in the world.

4. If USA is so capable, it must have "liberated" Iran and N.Korea which you think the "evil countries", but USA didn't, not because not willing, but not be able to.

I don't know if you've really read everyones post you seem to just like spouting your propaganda, we are not Chinese clones who live in China okay.

Like everyones been saying to you which you don't seem to want to listen, is politics and the will of the people have alot to do with which wars we fight and if we fight them.

We are not the PLA that we attack people because we want to. Besides if China could beat the US it would take Taiwan right now, but it knows it can't, so there, even without the US it couldn't beat Taiwan its all PLA propaganda.

To quote a certain officer I met, your lack of discipline is disheartening.

I am getting fed up with having to clean up after your messes and with locking every other thread on this site because some posters cannot maintain their bearing. If you are one of these posters, adjust fire, or you will find yourself no longer welcome here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back