Can taiwanese kidd DDG can restrain ambition of China?

Mohmar Deathstrike said:
Yeah I thought about that too (actually, I thought about the US giving South Korea nukes), but then you could have a domino effect of nukular armament (Japan, Indonesia, Myanmar may start wanting some)

I thought we went over this. Look what happened in Iran in the 70s with all our millitary equipment including the F-14s. You want that to happen with one of our SSBNs!

Missileer said:
Nope, the Arleigh Burke class are the only ones with the AEGIS system.

Negative, the Ticonderoga-class guided missile cruisers (CG) also use the Aegis system- a more capable version than on the Arleigh Burke, as a matter of fact, though I believe the Burke-class destroyers are being upgraded to Tico level.

The Japanese Kongo-class destroyers and the Spanish F-100-class frigates also use Aegis.

If you have to give them such advanced technology then it would make more sense to loan it to them rather than give it as at least that way the technology would still be owned by the US. say it does look like Taiwan and China are going to reunite then the US would be able to take back the ships etc. as long as there was a clause in the contract allowing them to.

chinese-canadian said:
China's 052C Agesis is a nice ship too

also, Taiwan's ships are hard to survice under the PLA navy's Su-30s and missiles of Sovremenny class DDG

And how long could the PLA stand up to the USN?

I'd say the four Kidd-class destroyers are a considerable upgrade to the Taiwanese fleet due to the fact that it is more advanced than any other current Taiwanese and Chinese warship. Whether or not it'll deter against a Chinese invasion is a different story. Like someone stated above, it'll do little more than scratch the invasion force. If the US were to give them a few Aegis-class destroyers (on loan of course), then THAT would probably tip the scales of balance.

Btw, I'm all for Taiwanese independence... for me, democracy > oppressive and corrupt governments who cannot develop their own military technology and bent on stealing and buying it.

Taiwan is far from being a democracy... but it is closer than the Big Red Chicken... nah forget it they are both fubar.

bulldogg said:
Taiwan is far from being a democracy... but it is closer than the Big Red Chicken... nah forget it they are both fubar.
????
from my view,Taiwan is completely democracy country.
bulldog,nice joke:thumb:

ASTRALdragon said:
I'd say the four Kidd-class destroyers are a considerable upgrade to the Taiwanese fleet due to the fact that it is more advanced than any other current Taiwanese and Chinese warship. Whether or not it'll deter against a Chinese invasion is a different story. Like someone stated above, it'll do little more than scratch the invasion force. If the US were to give them a few Aegis-class destroyers (on loan of course), then THAT would probably tip the scales of balance.

Btw, I'm all for Taiwanese independence... for me, democracy > oppressive and corrupt governments who cannot develop their own military technology and bent on stealing and buying it.

now that is what a person who does not know what is going on will say

do you even know the history of Taiwan? do you know that the island of Taiwan was discovered by China as early as 2000 years ago and under China's direct administration since Song dynasty? do you know that Taiwan was brutally taken away by Japanese? do you know the clause in Cario declartion to return Taiwan to China??

chinese-canadian said:
in open ocean? I guess PLAN can stand up to probably two U.S aircraft carrier groups..

but in near coast....I guess a big more

And what about the other 12 that the USN has?

chinese-canadian said:
now that is what a person who does not know what is going on will say

do you even know the history of Taiwan? do you know that the island of Taiwan was discovered by China as early as 2000 years ago and under China's direct administration since Song dynasty? do you know that Taiwan was brutally taken away by Japanese? do you know the clause in Cario declartion to return Taiwan to China??

I know about half of those events in history. I also know that Taiwan broke off because of the whole Mao revolution and they deserve their own country because they were being persecuted for the government ideology in their own homeland. I know that from 1950-1990 China didn't give a rat's ass about Taiwan until they saw what a strategic military, political, and ecomonic symbol it would be. I know that every century or so that new boundaries are drawn and new/old countries are created/merged. You do not see the Mexicans whining and rattling sabers with the U.S. to give them back the western half of the U.S. because they "discovered" it and have lived their for God knows how long. China should just accept it as it is today. I don't knwo if China realizes it, but a good portion of the world are making fools of them in the way that they say on the surface that they support the "one-China policy" but are making lucrative business deals with Taiwan behind China's back (ex. U.S.: hey yea it's one China, but we're going to sell 4 pretty damn advanced warships to Taiwan but not to you). Whatever the deal is, I think Taiwan is better off as an independent nation. Look at the economic turmoil in rural parts of China. People are even hinting at the notion of another "revolution." Look at Hong Kong, China said, "Don't worry, we'll let you retain your own government and democratic ways after the British returns you to us, but we'll have to control 80% of that government not with elected officials, but with political businessmen who favor us and are under our payroll."

If my world history is a little off, please by all means correct me. My years of college have been cluttered with mainly science classes but I do try to keep up with the flashpoints of the world.

Btw, Taiwan may not be a complete democracy, but neither is the United States. I think the United States is classified as a democratic republic... kind of like a hybrid government the U.S. created for balance I guess.

Back