Can I switch branches even though I am scheduled to take the ASVAB?

Poetik

I just went into the the Army recruiting station today and filled out a bunch of paperwork of and then the recruiter signed me up to take the asvab this thursday. When i left and got home, I decided that I want to go into the Air Force instead. Is it possible to switch before I take the test?

I just went into the the Army recruiting station today and filled out a bunch of paperwork of and then the recruiter signed me up to take the asvab this thursday. When i left and got home, I decided that I want to go into the Air Force instead. Is it possible to switch before I take the test?

This was many, many years ago, but I did the opposite. I took the asvab while I was joining the Air Force. After taking it, I decided I was joining the Army, and did just that. You`re under no obligation to any branch at this point.

The ASVAB is the test for all branches of the US Military Service.
I recuited for the Army and I know the Army Recreiter will be PO'ed but it is your choice.
First take the test them talk to other recruiters - the Army, being the largest service, will probably have the most options and some jobs are exclusive to some branches (i.e. you can only be a Tanker in the Army or Marines (although as a Marine you would be trained in an Army school).
Bottom line make the best deal for yourself.

Back