Can someone pop over to Alabama and

MontyB

All-Blacks Supporter
drag it out of the 18th and into 21st Century?

Roy Moore's twisted history: Islam and Buddhism don't have First Amendment protection, chief justice says (commentary and live chat)
Print
Kyle Whitmire | kwhitmire@al.com By Kyle Whitmire | kwhitmire@al.com
on May 05, 2014 at 12:55 PM, updated May 06, 2014 at 9:53 AM

Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore spoke from the pulpit, and make no mistake, it was a sermon.

"Let's get real," he said. "Let's learn our history. Let's stop playing games."

Moore spoke to the Pastors-for-Life in Mississippi in January, but video from that speech only began to make its way around the Internet in the last week. In it, Moore argues that "religion," as defined in the First Amendment, applies only to God the Creator.

"Everybody, to include the United States Supreme Court, has been deceived as to one little word in the first amendment called 'religion,'" he said. "They can't define it."

Moore insisted that freedom of religion applies only the God of the Bible, and therefore the protections of the establishment clause do not extend to other religions, such as Islam and Buddhism.

"They don't want to do that, because that acknowledges the creator God," he said. "Buddha didn't create us. Muhammad didn't create us. It's the God of the Holy Scriptures."

According to Moore, the government and the Supreme Court should define religion as James Madison and George Mason did – "The duties we owe to the Creator and the manner of discharging it."

"They didn't bring a Koran on the pilgrim ship, Mayflower," he said. "Let's get real. Let's learn our history. Let's stop playing games."

OK, Judge. Let's get real, indeed. Let's learn our history and stop playing games.

When Moore quotes Mason in his speech, he takes that little snippet from the Virginia Declaration of Rights, which Mason wrote with help from Madison. (Section 16, which addresses the relationship of government and religion, is generally agreed to be primarily Madison's work.)

Here's the full text from Section 16: "That religion, or the duty which we owe to our Creator, and the manner of discharging it, can be directed only by reason and conviction, not by force or violence; and therefore all men are equally entitled to the free exercise of religion, according to the dictates of conscience; and that it is the mutual duty of all to practice Christian forbearance, love, and charity toward each other."

If there's any wonder why Moore would excise what he wanted from the context of the full quote – leaving out all that inconvenient business about forbearance, love, and charity – you haven't been paying much attention to the High Chief's career. You can't talk about love and maintain that quivering sneer -- certainly not Moore, who has argued that the court has the "power of the sword" to prevent homosexuals from perverting the minds of children.
"Buddha didn't create us. Mohamed didn't create us. It's the God of the Holy Scriptures."

The colonies, in which Madison, Mason and their fellow founding father and Virginian, Thomas Jefferson, came of age, were a hodgepodge of competing denominations, many of which were just fine using the power of the government to enforce a particular brand of belief. This was particularly true in Virginia, where all three men witnessed the Anglican Church persecute other denominations, particularly Separate Baptists. And we're not talking about the Happy Holidays vs. Merry Christmas nonsense TV talking heads today call persecution, but rather, Separate Baptist clergy jailed for sharing their beliefs, as Madison witnessed and decried early in his life. The lesson they learned from what they witnessed was that established religion and government were a toxic mix, and one should not be left in charge of the other.

Moore can argue if he wishes that the founders were comfortable with varying degrees of Christianity and not questioning the God the creator's role in government, and he's right that the pilgrims didn't bring the Koran with them over on the Mayflower. However, Jefferson did keep a copy of it in his library, and it's worth noting that Muslims believe they worship the same deity as Christians and Jews. If Moore wants to cling to his Creator God argument, then he must be willing to make room for Muslims in it, too, which his pulpit pabulum all but shows he is not.

After Patrick Henry proposed a tax to support "Teachers of the Christian Religion," Madison wrote the "Memorial and Remonstrance against Religious Assessments," in which he revisited the establishment clause in the Virginia Declaration of Rights, and emphasized again that there was no need for government to advocate for religion.

"To say that it is, is a contradiction to the Christian Religion itself, for every page of it disavows a dependence on the powers of this world," Madison wrote.

Henry's bill died quietly, and later Madison ushered through the Virginia General Assembly the Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom. Written by Jefferson, it insisted "that our civil rights have no dependence on our religious opinions any more than our opinions in physics or geometry," and it all but outlawed religious belief as a litmus test for holding office. When government endorses one religion over another, it only corrupts the religion it hopes to support, Jefferson argued.

Jefferson cared so much for the Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom that he had it listed among the three life accomplishments inscribed on his tombstone, along with authoring the Declaration of Independence and founding the University of Virginia.

When Moore disparages other religions, or when all but snarls as he speaks of same-sex marriage, he spits in the eyes of those founders whose work he claims to cherish, and men like Moore were neither alien nor unimaginable to those three founders. In fact, one paragraph Jefferson wrote in the Virginia Statute of Religious Freedom could have been penned, in foresight, with officials like Moore in mind.

"[To] suffer the civil magistrate to intrude his powers into the field of opinion and to restrain the profession or propagation of principles on supposition of their ill tendency is a dangerous fallacy which at once destroys all religious liberty because he being of course judge of that tendency will make his opinions the rule of judgment and approve or condemn the sentiments of others only as they shall square with or differ from his own," Jefferson wrote.

Indeed, Judge Moore, let's get real.

Let's learn our history.

Let's stop playing games.

http://www.al.com/opinion/index.ssf/2014/05/roy_moores_twisted_hisotry_isl.html

Sigh...another reason I will NEVER willfully live south of the Mason-Dixon Line...I know not ALL people of the south are ignorant bigots....but there sure seems to be a lot more of them around there than I've seen elsewhere in the country....

Sigh...another reason I will NEVER willfully live south of the Mason-Dixon Line...I know not ALL people of the south are ignorant bigots....but there sure seems to be a lot more of them around there than I've seen elsewhere in the country....

I assume it is more a south east thing than a south phenomenon though as I have spent a huge amount of time in Arizona and loved the place, everyone seemed relatively sane, I had no issues in either New Mexico and even though I really did not like Texas the people were fine as well.

What I don't understand is how the hell the justice system can work in areas when people have that opinion though surely the first thing they teach in chief justice training school is the philosophy that justice is meant to be blind to race, economic status and religion?

#Can someone pop over to Alabama and drag it out of the 18th and into 21st Century?

"Buddha didn't create us. Mohamed didn't create us. It's the God of the Holy Scriptures."

Sorry. Welcome the the USA. Where religion reins...especially in the south and in Hicksville's everywhere.

The second this comes out of someone's mouth you're done reasoning with them. And to think he's a judge. *Shudders*

I assume it is more a south east thing than a south phenomenon though as I have spent a huge amount of time in Arizona and loved the place, everyone seemed relatively sane, I had no issues in either New Mexico and even though I really did not like Texas the people were fine as well.

What I don't understand is how the hell the justice system can work in areas when people have that opinion though surely the first thing they teach in chief justice training school is the philosophy that justice is meant to be blind to race, economic status and religion?

I was referring to the "traditional" south as in the guys who seceded from the rest of the US 150 years ago. Arizona and NM are considered American southwest.

One thing you will find no matter where you are in the US is that when it comes to the smaller towns, outsiders aren't really welcome. Several of my family members live in a town of 8000 and have lived there for 15-20 years and they're still considered outsiders. Only their children are starting to be accepted since they were born there. It is pretty irrational and ass backwards...but that's the way it is. I used to live in that town when I was a kid and have gone back numerous times (3-4 times a year) and I'm still looked at funny if I'm with my nieces an nephews. I'm pulled over no less than once a year for no other reason, I'm sure, than that I have out of state or out of county tags.

Another example is from where I went to college. This is a town of 20,000 people with about 9-10,000 of them being university students. I joined the American legion while I was there and grew acquainted with several of the veterans in that area. I saw the same old timers in the legion every weekend after meetings and at the bar afterwards. Fast forward a few years and I go back there to visit a few friends. I'm literally 2 weeks back from my 3rd Iraq tour and I go to the legion for a few drinks while I wait for a friend to show up. I get there and don't have my legion credentials on me and they won't let me into their open bar at first. They say a local member has to sign me in as a guest to get in(which is b******t because they leave the bar open for business otherwise that place wouldn't make enough money to stay open) over at a table where there are the same 6-7 old timers sitting there sipping their beer that were there the whole 4 years I was in college and who I had sat down with on numerous occasions and had drinks. The bar lady asks if anyone will sign me in and not one of them will lift a finger. I don't recognize the lady but I tell her that I'm just home from overseas and I've sat in this bar no less than 100 times and drank with those guys sitting at the table....nothing. She finally lets me in and I say sarcastically loud enough for the old timers to hear "it sure is nice to be welcomed home from war by fellow vets". I sit and have one beer then get up and leave in disgust...again...good ole boy...

I was referring to the "traditional" south as in the guys who seceded from the rest of the US 150 years ago. Arizona and NM are considered American southwest.

One thing you will find no matter where you are in the US is that when it comes to the smaller towns, outsiders aren't really welcome. Several of my family members live in a town of 8000 and have lived there for 15-20 years and they're still considered outsiders. Only their children are starting to be accepted since they were born there. It is pretty irrational and ass backwards...but that's the way it is. I used to live in that town when I was a kid and have gone back numerous times (3-4 times a year) and I'm still looked at funny if I'm with my nieces an nephews. I'm pulled over no less than once a year for no other reason, I'm sure, than that I have out of state or out of county tags.

Another example is from where I went to college. This is a town of 20,000 people with about 9-10,000 of them being university students. I joined the American legion while I was there and grew acquainted with several of the veterans in that area. I saw the same old timers in the legion every weekend after meetings and at the bar afterwards. Fast forward a few years and I go back there to visit a few friends. I'm literally 2 weeks back from my 3rd Iraq tour and I go to the legion for a few drinks while I wait for a friend to show up. I get there and don't have my legion credentials on me and they won't let me into their open bar at first. They say a local member has to sign me in as a guest to get in(which is b******t because they leave the bar open for business otherwise that place wouldn't make enough money to stay open) over at a table where there are the same 6-7 old timers sitting there sipping their beer that were there the whole 4 years I was in college and who I had sat down with on numerous occasions and had drinks. The bar lady asks if anyone will sign me in and not one of them will lift a finger. I don't recognize the lady but I tell her that I'm just home from overseas and I've sat in this bar no less than 100 times and drank with those guys sitting at the table....nothing. She finally lets me in and I say sarcastically loud enough for the old timers to hear "it sure is nice to be welcomed home from war by fellow vets". I sit and have one beer then get up and leave in disgust...again...good ole boy...

I find that incredibly odd and I imagine frustrating as "University towns" are usually more open given that they have a high population turnover.

The bar thing I find very strange as we now have the wife's grandfather living with us and he has been accepted quite readily into the local Returned Services Association as an "honoury" member and he served on the other side in the Luftwaffe, so I would be somewhat pissed at the attitude shown by those locals.

Sorry. Welcome the the USA. Where religion reins...especially in the south and in Hicksville's everywhere.

The second this comes out of someone's mouth you're done reasoning with them. And to think he's a judge. *Shudders*

That was my point, the guys role in life is to pass judgement on people in an impartial manner and given his comments I can not understand how he can possibly do that.

My service was 40 years ago, so my take on things is dated. But after a couple of similar "unwelcoming" incidents in veterans' clubs, I long ago lost any interest in them. I'd always wondered why my dad, a highly decorated WW2 combat vet, never joined. Those experiences removed any doubt.

At the time of the American Revolution 11 of 14 Colonies had Official Churches. That meant you were forced by the Govt. to Tithe to the O.C. (and if you weren't a member the Church, the one you were a member of wanted their 10% also) and you had to be a Member to run for political Office The Founding Fathers wanted an end to Official Churches but not a religiously sterile govt., that is a modern creation of athiests & the Left. The Congress has opened with a prayer from the beginning, The Supreme Court building has religious commentary on it, Federal tax dollars were used to buy Bibles back then, church services were held in the Capitol building on Sundays. "Separation of Church & State" isn't in the Constitution, but was in a private letter only. The Constitution only bans an Official Church.

Funny how Liberals haven't said a thing about Obama spending millions repairing Middle Eastern Mosques.

At the time of the American Revolution 11 of 14 Colonies had Official Churches. That meant you were forced by the Govt. to Tithe to the O.C. (and if you weren't a member the Church, the one you were a member of wanted their 10% also) and you had to be a Member to run for political Office The Founding Fathers wanted an end to Official Churches but not a religiously sterile govt., that is a modern creation of athiests & the Left. The Congress has opened with a prayer from the beginning, The Supreme Court building has religious commentary on it, Federal tax dollars were used to buy Bibles back then, church services were held in the Capitol building on Sundays. "Separation of Church & State" isn't in the Constitution, but was in a private letter only. The Constitution only bans an Official Church.

Funny how Liberals haven't said a thing about Obama spending millions repairing Middle Eastern Mosques.

Yeah! We should really just have a theocracy and throw away the constitution...I mean, why would we even need the constitution when we have the commandments from god himself!? Then we can bring slavery back, and pillaging, and rape, and genocide, and all that good wholesome Christian stuff the bible elaborates on so defininitively! I mean seriously, this whole idea of diversity and freedom is just lip service...we don't really mean it. So here's the deal so everyone is clear, if you're not white, Christian, and straight...then know your place...it's in the back of the bus.

I see the glass as half full

Yeah! We should really just have a theocracy and throw away the constitution...I mean, why would we even need the constitution when we have the commandments from god himself!? Then we can bring slavery back, and pillaging, and rape, and genocide, and all that good wholesome Christian stuff the bible elaborates on so defininitively! I mean seriously, this whole idea of diversity and freedom is just lip service...we don't really mean it. So here's the deal so everyone is clear, if you're not white, Christian, and straight...then know your place...it's in the back of the bus.

I now happen to live in the south. South of the Mason/Dixon Line. Brought up by New York Jewish parents. First neighbors I saw, I swear, were in a "group". What I would call a hate group. There are lots of 'em down here. Can not and will not- ever sit in the back of the bus. That would be pathetic, like giving up.

The crazy thing is how "certain" media outlets have pretty much played **** fight with everyone and turned it into a left versus right thing, and not a right versus wrong thing. I mean what really gets me about the self titled "religious right" is that they don't embody the core principles and beliefs of Jesus in that of social justice and love. All you hear is hate and how "I don't want my tax dollars ending up going to anyone else."
And it's difficult for me to explain how I can be conservative, but yet disagree strongly with conservative groups and parties in this country.
For example... when I say I'm not for big or small government, rather I am for effective government, it seems to blow people's minds. When I say that the government should look to recruit the best and the brightest to make sure the country operates effectively all of a sudden I'm a "super liberal" communist.
You want government small enough to get kicked around by everyone? You can have it the instant you move to Somalia.

I now happen to live in the south. South of the Mason/Dixon Line. Brought up by New York Jewish parents. First neighbors I saw, I swear, were in a "group". What I would call a hate group. There are lots of 'em down here. Can not and will not- ever sit in the back of the bus. That would be pathetic, like giving up.

I just want to clarify in case you hadn't picked up on it...but I was being satirical.

The crazy thing is how "certain" media outlets have pretty much played **** fight with everyone and turned it into a left versus right thing, and not a right versus wrong thing. I mean what really gets me about the self titled "religious right" is that they don't embody the core principles and beliefs of Jesus in that of social justice and love. All you hear is hate and how "I don't want my tax dollars ending up going to anyone else."
And it's difficult for me to explain how I can be conservative, but yet disagree strongly with conservative groups and parties in this country.
For example... when I say I'm not for big or small government, rather I am for effective government, it seems to blow people's minds. When I say that the government should look to recruit the best and the brightest to make sure the country operates effectively all of a sudden I'm a "super liberal" communist.
You want government small enough to get kicked around by everyone? You can have it the instant you move to Somalia.
I Like your Christ, I don't like your Christians-Ghandi(or was it the Dhali Lama?)

You obviously failed to comprehend what I said, not to mention going off the deep end. How in the hell would you have a "Theocracy" if there is no Official Church?? Religion was everywhere in Govt in the beginning. Are you trying to say we were a Theocracy?? Seriously?
Does seem typical of Libs to state that there can only be extremes. Religiously sterile Govt or Theocracy. The current finger in everyone's pie Nanny State or Somalia/anarchy. Rather silly.

I Like your Christ, I don't like your Christians-Ghandi(or was it the Dhali Lama?)

You obviously failed to comprehend what I said, not to mention going off the deep end. How in the hell would you have a "Theocracy" if there is no Official Church?? Religion was everywhere in Govt in the beginning. Are you trying to say we were a Theocracy?? Seriously?
Does seem typical of Libs to state that there can only be extremes. Religiously sterile Govt or Theocracy. The current finger in everyone's pie Nanny State or Somalia/anarchy. Rather silly.

Again...satire. "Liberals" and "Conservatives" have become so polarized that even making jokes is apparently frowned upon. You know what makes America America? The fact that I can say that I don't want your damn deity in my government and I won't be shot. You can say otherwise and that's okay too...do you see that....IT'S OKAY. You should welcome the fact we can have differing opinions, no matter how bigoted one sides is, and those opinions are allowed and sometimes embraced.

What you don't seem to understand is that we don't have an official religion so which one is "right"? Which faction of Christianity? Or Islam? Or Hinduism? Or Buddhism? Or Taoism? Or satanism? All of them have large bodies of followers and all are constitutionally protected. Which one should we infuse in government without playing favorites. Also, should we use the holy books fully or partially? Why do we have to pick and choose even? As for your comment about "atheist" I will say that you will find that atheists are usually more charitable, more educated, more intelligent, less extreme, way more logical, and more moral, than your average "believer". Yet, they are hated about as much as rapists are in the US. Don't you find that odd? I'm an atheist an I have to be careful about who I tell because I'm immediately thrown into the same group as child molesters unless the person knows me already...simply for not believing in a deity. We aren't demons in disguise, secretly conspiring to destroy the "fabric of this country". We are normal people doing normal things who still give a **** about what is going on in government and society.

Now, if you don't like the fact that we are a democracy and us atheists and liberals get a say in our government....I'd suggest you move elsewhere. The framers intended for everyone to get a say in the matter....not just republicans or stupid tea partyists.

Take a political spectrum test online brinktk. Odds are you won't find yourself anywhere near the actual "liberal" spectrum.

I know, I'm actually a moderate that's slightly right leaning. That's too liberal for many of those on the right. Of course, most those idiots don't know the difference between communism, socialism, and fascism.

I know, I'm actually a moderate that's slightly right leaning. That's too liberal for many of those on the right. Of course, most those idiots don't know the difference between communism, socialism, and fascism.
So...you're a Right leaning Moderate who thinks the Right are idiots. Sounds like you are confused, or blowing smoke, to me. And if many don't understand the difference between the three(And think socialism/communism works) are products of the Liberal infested school systems. Speaking of Idiots Nancy Pelosi crowds out everyone else for idiot commentary, though many try to snatch the crown for biggest idiot comments. Would take a while to list all the prominent Dems.

Again...satire. "Liberals" and "Conservatives" have become so polarized that even making jokes is apparently frowned upon. You know what makes America America? The fact that I can say that I don't want your damn deity in my government and I won't be shot. You can say otherwise and that's okay too...do you see that....IT'S OKAY. You should welcome the fact we can have differing opinions, no matter how bigoted one sides is, and those opinions are allowed and sometimes embraced.

What you don't seem to understand is that we don't have an official religion so which one is "right"? Which faction of Christianity? Or Islam? Or Hinduism? Or Buddhism? Or Taoism? Or satanism? All of them have large bodies of followers and all are constitutionally protected. Which one should we infuse in government without playing favorites. Also, should we use the holy books fully or partially? Why do we have to pick and choose even? As for your comment about "atheist" I will say that you will find that atheists are usually more charitable, more educated, more intelligent, less extreme, way more logical, and more moral, than your average "believer". Yet, they are hated about as much as rapists are in the US. Don't you find that odd? I'm an atheist an I have to be careful about who I tell because I'm immediately thrown into the same group as child molesters unless the person knows me already...simply for not believing in a deity. We aren't demons in disguise, secretly conspiring to destroy the "fabric of this country". We are normal people doing normal things who still give a **** about what is going on in government and society.

Now, if you don't like the fact that we are a democracy and us atheists and liberals get a say in our government....I'd suggest you move elsewhere. The framers intended for everyone to get a say in the matter....not just republicans or stupid tea partyists.
Haven't seen anything yet from you that was presented as obvious joke or satire. I was the one who 1st said we don't have an Official religion. But...anyone not blind can see the Govt, along with the Country, was infused with the Christian faith through out our history. I've known Conservative Athiests, they tend to mind their own business & act like everyone else. It's the Left/Liberal Athiests that are out there trying to ban anything religious that they can. One US Govt employee who's a self admitted Communist & atheist would be happy to have religion hiding in the shadows w/o any public visibility like in Red China. We are not a "Democracy" we are a representative Republic operating on democratic principles, though the Dems seem bent on mob rule democracy. The TEA Party seems to be the only sane people in the Country, The Dems want to spend us into national bankruptcy(They want to increase spending 15% a year, every year, until we collapse) & establishment Republicans don't seem to be any different except they want to be the ones doing the spending.

I've known Conservative Athiests, they tend to mind their own business & act like everyone else.

That's all you really care about isn't it. That everyone toes the line to your view of what America should look like. You're basically saying that you're fine with different people as long as they don't talk about their differences too much or at all even...they better look like you, talk like you, and be like you on the surface and keep all their "non American" beliefs in the closet where they belong huh?

I mentioned three and you mentioned that two of them didn't work...so we're left with fascism then huh? That sounds about right coming from you...I seriously doubt you even know the difference between the three. NONE of them work.

You're gonna talk about Pelosi when you have Bachman in the Tea party...seriously? You know the Tea Party is a front party sponsored by the Koch brothers right? They want America stupid and they want to influence legislation in their (not yours) benefit.

"Liberal infested school system"...um...have you been in school lately? There isn't some secret liberal meetings going on to brainwash the kids. Where the hell do you hear this crap from? Let me guess...people like Michelle Bachman tell you...or Fox news? (shaking my head in disgust) Or perhaps it's a way for the large proportion of the tea party base to feel better about not being very educated...demonize education and all of a sudden the uneducated look like purists or something...

Here's the bottom line, you don't have a fricking monopoly on patriotism. You don't have a monopoly on Americanism. And here's the biggest thing...you're NOT BETTER than those liberals you despise so much. You're the same. You got that...the constitution was made so that everyone's got a say. Them, you, and me included...as long as they're speaking their minds they're Americans and they get a say...you're free to disagree. You should also appreciate the fact they're there. Unless you want just one party...oh wait...that's right, that whole fascism thing.

So what do I do while you are praying at your town hall meeting? Or the Buddhist? or the Muslim? Just quietly let it happen right? Be "respectful" right? I don't get any of that as an atheist and my ideas are backed up by science...Not a hodgepodge fairy book that contradicts itself hundreds of times. Here's the deal, leave it out and we don't have to worry about it. Which god BTW? There's so many out there, who can keep track of all this nonsense...Let me guess, YOUR god is the right one huh? The same god of the Jews, Muslims, Jehovah's Witnesses, and Mormons, Catholics, Orthodox, David Koresh etc who all have a different interpretation which is supposedly the right interpretation? Believers in the Abrahamic god can't even get their crap together on what to agree on and we are supposed be ok with them in our government? GTFO of here! I think it's you that's confused. It's pretty clear to me, leave it out and there is no confusion.

2 Commandments

1. Love the Lord thy God with all your heart
  2. Love your neighbor as yourselves
These were provided by Christ to superseded all other commandments. To be a master you must 1st learn how to serve. You guys listen to too many fanatics that have their own agenda that is not what was taught by Christ Jesus. Buy the way their are blacks in the Bible from Ethiopia. The Lord states he is no respected of persons. Man made crap that any man is superior to another.

1. Love the Lord thy God with all your heart
  2. Love your neighbor as yourselves
These were provided by Christ to superseded all other commandments. To be a master you must 1st learn how to serve. You guys listen to too many fanatics that have their own agenda that is not what was taught by Christ Jesus. Buy the way their are blacks in the Bible from Ethiopia. The Lord states he is no respected of persons. Man made crap that any man is superior to another.

Again...(this is the third time I've said this) that paragraph was said in jest. I wasn't serious at all about it.

I don't listen to any fanatics...I listen to reason and logic. I don't need a deity to tell me right from wrong when the doctrine and commands of that deity are riddled with immorality and inconsistency. I prefer to love my family with all my heart since they actually reciprocate the sentiment and it can be seen, heard, and felt. I don't need to love my neighbor, but I do treat them as I would like to be treated which is not exclusive to Christianity.

I don't understand why there is this compulsion to need a deity to make sure we don't do wrong when the following of deities is responsible for the murder of millions throughout the ages to include our own history. What is so hard about being good for the sake of being good without having to worry about some being recording your every single action in life to keep score so you might get into his afterlife country club? Yet, he set the rules, created us in his image, he already knows the outcome, he says he loves us and gives us a choice....but if we choose wrong he will literally torture us for all eternity in the worst conceivable way...even if we weren't even aware of the choice in the first place....but he loves us because he sacrificed himself to himself to protect everyone from him and the system he created...makes perfect sense...

Last edited:
Back