Can someone help me please!!

Snipergirl

Ok, so im a just turned 21 year-old girl from a small town. I have always wanted to be a Marine.But the problem comes in when i stayed in a hospital for a couple days due to a break-down. Im not crazy or anything but i do have slight PTSD. So my question to anyone out there that can answer me is this: Does what i just discribed to you automaticaly dissqualify me for the Marines? And if not, then how do i go about joining the Marines? Oh and are the requirements the same for someone who wants to be a sniper as they are for one who wants to be a soldier?

Last edited:
Were you in the hospital of your own accord or that of your parents when you were a minor or were you committed without consent? In Florida we call it a "Backer Act". Other states have other names but if it's done it disbars you from certain rights such as owning firearms. It shows up on background checks like an arrest. It's public information and thus the military will turn you down if it was through a legal order of a judge or court, lawful action by a police officer, or through the actions of a medical physician.

Oh and are the requirements the same for someone who wants to be a sniper as they are for one who wants to be a soldier?

Yes, you have to be male to get a posting in combat arms.

Question for you.. Why should you get the shot to become a Marine when there are healthy girls NOT suffering from PTSD applying?
Why should you take their spot when you are already damaged?

Have a nice day.
//KJ.

I wouldn't ask that question here, If I were you I'd go ask a expert, theres too many people on here that are just gonna be *******s toward you for having any mental problems, or else they will twist everything you say to use it against you.

I'll probally get banned for saying that, but its not liek I even come here anymore.

I wouldn't ask that question here, If I were you I'd go ask a expert, theres too many people on here that are just gonna be *******s toward you for having any mental problems, or else they will twist everything you say to use it against you.

I'll probally get banned for saying that, but its not liek I even come here anymore.

Bitter much there wolfen?

To the original poster, it will take an act of congress to get you as a female into combat arms..
Start writing letters to your congressman/woman.
Good luck on your quest..

//KJ.

i know that snipers have to have a high mental focus with the requirement of sending human souls to eternity without the right of god to tell them to do so and with that i say pray for their targets that they have made peace for they will surly die by the snipers trigger

Bitter much there wolfen?

To the original poster, it will take an act of congress to get you as a female into combat arms..
Start writing letters to your congressman/woman.
Good luck on your quest..

//KJ.

Closest thing I can come up for female marines to be out in the field is this;

http://www.usmc.mil/unit/iimef/2ndm...nection between Marines and Afghan women.aspx

It's a new concept as far as I know... its not combat arms, but at the moment - it is the closest thing to it, available for female Marines.

Closest thing I can come up for female marines to be out in the field is this;

http://www.usmc.mil/unit/iimef/2ndmeb/Pages/Female%20engagement%20team%20helps%20establish%20connection%20between%20Marines%20and%20Afghan%20women.aspx

It's a new concept as far as I know... its not combat arms, but at the moment - it is the closest thing to it, available for female Marines.

Styled after MOTT Juliette, these units do not have target interdicton teams.
We have been doing it for several rotations.

Not a DA unit or even a combat arms unit, but a good way to increase contact with the locals since the women are very much incharge inside the walls of their homes.

//KJ.

Back