Can S.Korea handle N.Korea alone?

FlyingFrog said:
I think not.

If S.Korea can handle N.Korea alone, then they would be no Americans troops stationing in an S.Korea.

And reading many analysis from military experts, they all tend to claim N.Korea would conquer S.Korea if Americans are not there.

Why S.Korea so weak? Actually they have bigger population than North, I think 2 vs 1 or 3 vs 1?

Well, I am going to assume that N. Korea is the aggressor, the is not helping S. Korea and the Chinese are not giving aid to N. Korea.

N. Korea would be wasted, they do not have the equipment, fuel, or morale to fight a war with S. Korea. N. Korea is not getting any stronger, their economy is getting worse and worse every year, droughts are destroying the crops. And not even the Chinese government is sending large amounts of aid to N. Korea because China can not afford it and N. Korea can not pay them back.

So, to sum it up, N. Korea can only fight an offensice war for a matter of weeks unless they get a miracle and capture vast Fuel Depots which are not likely to be found anywhere near the border.

About this BS of N. Koreans not scared of S. Korean invasion. Complete nonsense. Guess what the first thing that N. Korean students (5 years old) are taught. To hate Americans and South Koreans because they are the filth of the planet and are going to invade any day. They sing songs in classes telling them to "Shoot the American and South Korean captalists in the head and chest." They spend lots of time in school learning to do just that with BB guns and .22's. Who is more scared of invasion?

You crap me up, N.Korea afraid of S.K.? FIRST TIME to hear this :twisted:

Damien435, hel, you sound like MacArthur during Korea War, after all he was kicked out of office by his own President, he talks big, beyond reality.

How do you know what North Korea thinks? You sitting beside Kim? By your logic, because SK and US hasn't invaded the North, we are afraid, and yet, it can't worth for NK? Uhh.....sure! :lol:

Obviously the North is weary...Or they wouldent be making nukes....They know people live better on the other side of the fence, and they know that the US can take them on easily.

Chocobo_Blitzer said:
How do you know what North Korea thinks? You sitting beside Kim? By your logic, because SK and US hasn't invaded the North, we are afraid, and yet, it can't worth for NK? Uhh.....sure! :lol:

Man, you crap me up again :D

N.Korea has always been willing to LIBERATE whole Korea and kick out of the American imperalists from their homeland, they are afraid of death? You don't know a clue about those "die-hard" N.Korean soldiers :twisted:

They want their homeland be freed from Foreign Occupiers :twisted: :twisted:

In my opinion I dont think South Korea could handle North Korea alone. Yeah many North Korean civilians are starving but I'm sure all of the food is going to there Soldiers. ( Just A Fact For Those Who Dont Know ---- North Korea has the largest number of Special Forces) North Koreans have been building bunkers and tunnels since the last war they had so I'm sure it would be very hard for South Korea to win a war without any help. Just My 2 Cents :lol:

How come there been no more wars? If North Korea not afraid, it would come down. You're comparing infantry thoughts to a stance of an entire nation! :?:

Chocobo_Blitzer said:

They are called defectors. And "instructional" videos from North Korean schools that were captured by CIA and South Korean intelliegence forces. It was on the History Channel for their "Reign of Terror Week." Basically took the worst and most evil rulers from modern history and spent 2 hours talking about the atrocities they committed, I only saw the Kim Jong Il one, since I have studied plenty about Hitler and Stalin and Mao Ze Dong and Saddam I saw no reasons to watch those videos. Interviews of people who were improsined in North Korean political camps, former body guards of Kim, people who had fled to China and South Korea alike.

Yes....Nothing worse than cpitalisem...just hate it when there is food around.... :D Common Flyingfrog...The N. Korean gov is killing its own people...The country is starving...If that oldman attacks, he might just have a counter-revolution-revolution.... :D

AsianAmerican thanks a lot mate, without you I was running a bit out of bullets cuz I cannot handle 3 opponents at same time I am not a superman I got to find my bed :lol:

"Liberate" is a very poor word for it what you're talking about. South Korea does not want to be beaten into submission by a hardline Communist North. Last time it was tried, there were a lot of mass-executions and some really bad things done by the North. They'd do it again. They'd kill anyone who actively opposes a totalitarian Communist system that has already proven to be flawed. "Foreign Occupation" is a poor word for military support that was asked for.

South Korea is a lot more free now than they would be under a North Korean unified regime.

It be extremely hard for South Koreans to go into North Korea. They have been building underground tunnels, bunkers, fox holes and probably have tons of boobby traps not to mention those 8000 fuel rods that have been used to make nuclear weapons. :twisted:.... The North Koreans would fight to the death, I just dont see how South Korea could do it all alone.

Can S.Korea handle N.Korea alone? Thats the thread that were in so we have to debate and see who comes up with the best argument :lol: . I love debating on these issues!

Actually, that is the whole point of the thread. I would have to say that technilogical superiority is far more relevant today that it once was. The first Gulf War is pretty solid proof of that. But I don't know how well equipped the North truly is.

Yes nobody really knows there TRUE military capabilities.... I watched the news and read that they have said those 8000 fuel rods have been put into weapons to deter a nuclear attack from America :lol:. Back on topic now... Even if South Korea was to defend i dont think it would be possible to hold off the North Koreans for a long time. North Korea in my opinion would use tons of their ballistic missiles to bury Seoul and then it will get interesting after that. :)

LOL....So your saying that a little scuds will change the war...Thats not going to happen unless they put chimicals or nukes in it.

heheheh good one Sherman.... No im not trying to say that at all 8).. Does anyone know what type of missile defense the South Koreans use or have?

As a South Korean this is why I believe South Korea would win.

1) South Korea has better equipment than North Korea. This applies to every single field. North Korea's military is poorly equipped in both the sea, air and land.
2) South Korea's equipment actually works and has the fuel to run. North Korea's severe lack of fuel means it's actually possible they run out of fuel just a few weeks into the war. Their air power will almost negligable. On a fuel point of view, they won't be flying much. It's highly possible a great deal of their armor doesn't run and the same applies to their planes.
3) Training. If a war breaks out, and when North Korea's tankers step into their tanks, it will be the first time they start their engines for a great deal of them. Also computer simulations for training drivers, gunners and commanders are not standard in North Korea either. The only place where the North Koreans may have advantage is special forces. But this will rest heavily on how the rest of their special forces do. We know the creme of the crop are among the best special ops teams in the world. Basically if they have anything that requires fuel to train its crew, those crews will be poorly trained, if trained at all.
4) Numbers. South Korea can call up its reserves... upon which it'll field an army exeeding a million men, all who have had previous military experience. Also these people will actually have guns, which is not something you can say about the North Korean reserves.
5) Food. Self explanitory.

The only thing North Korea will have going for it is the Special Operations unit.
And if they have it, the nuke. But their Nuke can't be THAT big and having used that, I find it hard to believe that South Korea will be left to fight on its own.
On other notes, Seoul will be toast. The NK artillery will be raining steel on Seoul from day 1 until South Korea's artillery or air will take them out. I am unsure about South Korea's ability to take these out but apparently South Korea's counter battery ability is VERY good. It has to be because a large chunk of our civilian population will be looking to it to bring a timely end to NK arty.

It would take a disaster (or a miracle depending on whose side you're on) of biblical proportions for North Korea to beat South Korea on a 1 on 1 war.

AsianAmerican said:
heheheh good one Sherman.... No im not trying to say that at all 8).. Does anyone know what type of missile defense the South Koreans use or have?

Patriot systems are in Korea. A few other things here and there but South Korea doesn't have massive SAM defense systems because quite frankly it'd be an overkill against a country that can barely get an air force running.

godofthunder9010 said:
Actually, that is the whole point of the thread. I would have to say that technilogical superiority is far more relevant today that it once was. The first Gulf War is pretty solid proof of that. But I don't know how well equipped the North truly is.

Actually we do. Their equipment is largely crap. They have a few MiG-29s but the most of their planes are MiG-19s and MiG-21s and the Chinese clones of those planes.
For air to air combat, South Korea turns to the F-16 and soon, the KF-15 (apparently an improved F-15E) and the F-4s will not be bound by the strict rules of engagement that gave it a bad name in Vietnam. Yes, ours have guns lol.
Also in tanks, North Korea's tanks are mostly old military hardware they just didn't throw out our turn to scrap metal. The T-72 is the best tank they boast, but I find it hard to believe Korea's modern K-1A1 or even the K-1 (the latter which was designed to have everything that could destroy NK tanks but not much more) can't take it out. Also I repeat, South Korea's tanks actually run. South Korea does use old tanks, some as old as the M-60 and M-48, but those will be added to simply add numbers so our K-1A1s don't get overwhelmed.

FlyingFrog said:
You crap me up, N.Korea afraid of S.K.? FIRST TIME to hear this :twisted:

Obviously because the Chinese don't like to tell their people that their friendly little allies are a little weak. But yeah I know what you mean. Our previous president, Kim Dae-jung was too busy acting like Kim Jong-il's little ***** that it was hard for anyone to fear him.
But in terms of going to war, I think North Korea knows full well they will lose and lose badly. Kim Jong-il and his buddies want to stay in power, and a war will bring a swift end to it.

Back