Can promotion be used as a form of punishment?

Airborne

I was wondering... if the Sargeant Major of the Army did soemthing to really anger a general... worst than getting kicked out or demoted is getting..... promoted... right?

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say. Are you saying that if the SgtMaj of the army did something bad, a promotion to 2Lt would be worse than getting kicked out or demoted?

Yes it can

"Congratulations Obergefreiter, you are promoted to Feldwebel, enjoy your stay at the Eastern Front"... :2guns:

If the circumstances are right a promotion can be for the worse for the person. If he or she get promoted but do not get the rank salary it sure is a punishment. It depends on the person being promoted anyways.

But if you reached the top of your group, and like the SMA for my example, and get all the admiration and respect not just from those around you, but also from all those above you, and then suddenly getting torn down to the lowly status of a snot-nose lieutenant..... common now, who would possible wnt that? Unless your bew job is head of the Army's security detachment at the Playboy Mansion, I think it's a punishment.

Sergeant of the Army is more powerful a position than anything up to Colonel at least, so that's one thing you wouldn't want to get promoted out of.

Back