Can the PLO really stop militant groups?

Can the PLO really stop militant groups?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no way

• not sure

• Total voters

Duty Honor Country

It seems the PLO is calling on Palestinian militants to hault attacks on Israel.

ARTICLE

Israel is saying they will judge the Palestinians on their actions, not their words.

Is that statement hollow or can the PLO really stop attacks on Israel?

The PLO is a militant group...They organize gurrila and terror attacks...so they can stop at least their part. and yes, they can stop others two. the PLO has superior noumbers, and can simply crush resistence if they wish. but they want to keep Jihad and Hammas around to use them against Israel, to do things the PLO dose not do well(like suicide attacks)...

Thank you Sherman. Uhm, your comments are precious cause it's hard to get firsthand info from Israel.
Sure enough, that the PLO is a merely political entity is a widespread misconception in Europe.

The PLO can't stop the other militants by words. The only way they can do such a thing is to actually police it... which means violence against those who disobey.
So I said the PLO can't stop them because there's no way they're going to attack other groups seemingly on Israel's behalf.

I was interested by the deployment of Palestinians police on the Gaza/Israel border. Yasser Arafat never did such a thing. I also read that Mahmoud Abbas sacked over a dozen of Arafat's old advisers.

Israel said they will judge actions over words. Abbas is really showing promise.

He will have his hands full if the militant groups turn on him.

Abu Mazen(thats what everyone here calls Abbas) is making some steps in the right direction. The deployment of the PLA police units is good. By the way, the PLA police is also involved in gurrila and terror attacks, so we will have to see. If Abu Mazen has the bulk of the PLO militants behind him, Hammas and Jihad dont stand a chance. But Im still not sure ifhe means to stop the terror alltogather or only temporarily.

Mr. SHERMAN

I was confused by the sentence - "the PLA police is also involved in gurrila and terror attacks". Are there another PLA in Palestine?

I maid a little error(which I keep making for some reason), and wrote PLA, when I meant PNA(Palestinian National Autherity)...Either way, the PNA police is under the rule of the PNA, which is under control of the PLO(Palstine Liberation Organization). Since the PLO is a terror organization, many terrorists serve in the Palestinian police. I hope that explains it.

I got it. Thanks for your explain. The conflict continued for a lot of years, it is not easy to stop. To have a buffer area is unrealistic. Perhaps the people may pick a psychogenic buffer instead. How about U.N.? But due to some reasons, some Israelite people don't trust U.N.. That's a problem.

it seems hypocritical that one terrorist group tells other other terrorist groups to stop it.
that said, it does seem that the PLO does seem to be pushing itself as a legitimate political group, which is a step in the right direction i guess.
it seems since the death of arafat, the PLO seems to be a bit more sincere in their move for an end ot violence, or at least thats what iv seen in our media

Well, that depends who in the PLO. The PLO is a huge organization. It has several "Arms" and "Regiments". In the field many of the gunman take orders only from their own commander. Its a big mess right now. I do agree that Abu-Mazen is trying to stop the violence, and making steps towards that. Non the less, dont be mistaken, the PLO is, and always was, a terror group. I do not see any thing wrong with gurrila attacks on the military, those are legitimate acts of war, but when the PLO aatacks civilians, than they are a terror group.

Back