Can North Korea Engage the US in Total War?

Gator if you are correct in your final assertion in the above post, then what does that say to all of our allies? Why would anyone want to be our ally if we would not defend them... it defeats the purpose of an alliance. If we as a nation are as war weary as you say then it is time to turn off the lights, roll up the carpet and become passengers on the world stage rather than leaders of any import.

US can defeat NK easily, i'm sure. but the US never think about it.
The problem is not NK's missle ,not nuclear weapon, but the 10 million refugee. NK is very poor, lack of everything thing especially food , some of people die of hunger. Now they have food aid from China,South Korea and so on , but the war happened I'm afraid thousands of people will die of starvation and shellfire.
And after the war ,the US and South Korea have to feed millions of people.

About North Korea. Why haven't they shut down their Nuclear Reactor yet? I thought the deadline was April, its June now.

They got their money freed up and the South is buying them off with food... why would they comply. You do NOT negotiate with terrorists.

I agree with Bulldogg, the North Koreans didn't quit their weapons development program back in the 90's when Clinton made a deal with them, why would they do it now?

I agree with Bulldogg, the North Koreans didn't quit their weapons development program back in the 90's when Clinton made a deal with them, why would they do it now?
Because now they are suffering starvation, they need more supply. All the NK do is for more supply.

Because now they are suffering starvation, they need more supply. All the NK do is for more supply.

Mmmm it's going to be very difficult for them to give up their only global bargaining chip... Kim Jong Il couldn't care less if the North Korean people are starving. As long as he and his army are well-fed and backing him up, then he's golden. What makes me really curious is why hasn't he withdrawn the $25 million he has been crying about since last year now that it's free. As the news reports have been speculating, maybe he's using it as a bargaining chip so he can get a firmer grasp into the world's markets...

The North Koreans have been starving almost constantly since the cease-fire back in 1953, it's only gotten worse since the early 80's, in the past it was only the "peasants" who suffered but now even the political elite in Pyongyang are suffering from food and energy shortages.

Bollocks!

They have the 5th largest Army in the feckin world mate. Spend a portion of that military budget on food and farming and they won't be starving. Theirs is a catastrophe entirely of their own doing.

Back