Can you mourn over a killed terrorist?

Kesse81

Banned
Since the attacks, the Danish population in memory of the victims has placed flowers at the two locations where two men were killed by a mad offender.

A small group of people have laid flowers where the alleged offender, Omar Abdel Hamid El-Hussein, was shot and killed by the police Sunday night and it has aroused great anger and outrage especially on social Medias.

A person writes: Flowers placed, where the terrorist was killed. How stupid, disrespectful and inhumane to honor him. "

There may be several reasons why you want to remember a young man, although he has committed a crime of this kind.

He was the son of someone. Maybe it´s his parents, siblings or friends expressions of grief. One should consider whether it´s the human or the offender, the flowers are for. Therefore, I do not judge those who have laid flowers for the young man.

I think it's so sad what has happened and I would not dream of putting flowers there, but I believe that one should acknowledge a family's mourning whatever.

I am not sure how I feel about that for example I could not imagine putting flowers on Hitlers grave but certainly the guy had family and friends and they are entitled to mourn his death but you would think they would want to do it rather quietly.

We're the people who played the flowers related to him, or were they put there by people sympathetic to what he represents? If it was the former I could understand the reason, a bit like laying flowers at the scene of a road accident in memory of a loved one.
If it's the latter then i hope that the police can track them down and watch them to see if they are in turn planning something.
It is quite disrespectful to the dead and Injured and their families of too.
It could also be described as disrespectful to the Danish service personnel who died fighting the taliban.

Whether it is for one reason or another they have placed flowers or it was only to show sympathy with his misdeeds, then that’s just it.
You have that right in a democracy and it´s also one of the reasons why I wear a uniform.
Is it disrespectful to the victims' families, yes it is, but completely legal.
Is it disrespectful to Danish soldiers? I believe most of them think like I do. I just shake it off.

Last edited:
Piss on him.
He gave up any right to human consideration.
Discard him with other garbage.
His family needs to live with that.

There´s a little word called empathy.
Or do you believe that his family is complicit?

He was a murderous thug. Services and memorials should be keep private considering his murdering of unknown innocents. You would think his family would be ashamed.

He was a murderous thug. Services and memorials should be keep private considering his murdering of unknown innocents. You would think his family would be ashamed.
So therefore, as a family, you should be held liable for an adult family member's actions?
And if your child commits a serious crime, it´s perfectly acceptable that you should be met with contempt, because you could just have brought up your child properly.

So therefore, as a family, you should be held liable for an adult family member's actions?
And if your child commits a serious crime, it´s perfectly acceptable that you should be met with contempt, because you could just have brought up your child properly.

You beat me to it,

Although from the outside looking in we see his actions, he should be held accountable even in death for his crimes. And for his crimes I hold nothing but malice. These actions are inhumane and overall disgusting.

But from loved one's point of view, they most likely remember him by name, not political or mental motivations. And remember his loss moreover than the circumstances of his death.

That's a difference between a loved one and a stranger in terms of perspective and we all in some extend share that.

I would expect most families would feel terrible if it were one of their own. I’m not saying they cannot mourn the lost sole, but to do so in private. Otherwise whether intentionally or not they are essentially condoning his actions, his death over that of the others. Of course we are all pawns of the media when it comes to these things.

The question I ask is were his family aware of his state of mind and had any suspicion of what he was doing?
If so it makes a big difference in the way I look at the mourning of their son.
A few years ago I saw a Lebanese woman in an interview saying how proud she was of her son who had died in a suicide attack against the Israelis.
I said to myself wtf? If they loved their son more than, or equal to the way they loved their God then they would of prevented him from making the attack.
So if the parents were aware then they are just as guilty, if they knew and let their love of God be above that of their son then they should be ashamed.
Failing that if he had shown all signs of being normal and were not aware of it, then the show of love can be understood, even if it's in incredible bad taste.

The question I ask is were his family aware of his state of mind and had any suspicion of what he was doing?
If so it makes a big difference in the way I look at the mourning of their son.
A few years ago I saw a Lebanese woman in an interview saying how proud she was of her son who had died in a suicide attack against the Israelis.
I said to myself wtf? If they loved their son more than, or equal to the way they loved their God then they would of prevented him from making the attack.
So if the parents were aware then they are just as guilty, if they knew and let their love of God be above that of their son then they should be ashamed.
Failing that if he had shown all signs of being normal and were not aware of it, then the show of love can be understood, even if it's in incredible bad taste.

The point here is publicly for all the world to see (Media anyways) or privately where they could mourn his passing without the fanfare. Likely they loved the their son and have every right to morn his passing in private. But why make a spectacle of it? One would think that most parents of a serial killer, terrorists, mass murderer, etc. would be abhorred despite their love.

Last edited:
When asked why people, who have no relation to the deceased's killer´s family, are placing flowers, most respond; to show that we do not blame his family or the Muslim faith for this atrocity.

Isn’t that in the Christian spirit?

His father has stated that he knew that his son was not one of God's best children.
But he says that he was not aware that he was ready to commit such a crime. He just thought that his son was an angry young man like so many others at that age.

Last edited:
When asked why people, who have no relation to the deceased's killer´s family, are placing flowers, most respond; to show that we do not blame his family or the Muslim faith for this atrocity.

Isn’t that in the Christian spirit?

The Christian spirit would be to forgive him for his sins, but not to glorify the sin. Do the flowers glorify the sin, I really don't know? Personally (my opinion) I think it's best to be keep private. Send the flowers to his family.

His father has stated that he knew that his son was not one of God's best children.
But he says that he was not aware that he was ready to commit such a crime. He just thought that his son was an angry young man like so many others at that age.

He sounds like a man who feels very bad about the situation concerning his son.

Last edited:
Back