• No, but I could live without most channels

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes

• No, I NEED TV!!!!

• Total voters

Duty Honor Country

A month ago my wife and got rid of cable. I felt it was a complete waste of time and not worth the $40 a month we were paying for it. At the time, I was pretty busy and did not even notice that we did not have cable anymore. I am in my new house now and we still do not have cable. The other day my wife hooked up the antenna and found we get a few garbage channels. I am still rather annoyed at this move. Watching crap like wife swap is not my idea of well used time. But as my wife watches TV, I can do catch up on reading or play Total War Rome :D

My question to you all is Can you live without Cable TV?

Most of it. I would miss some of the documentary channels and the old movie channels.

However my life would be hell or made hell without my wifes ability to watch Soaps on Univision and the other Spanish Channels. And the youngests losing Dora and Blues Clues I prefer not to think about.

we dont have it to begin with
that said i would love to have it for the sport, comedy and movies

I never had it as a kid, so I never thought about getting cable at all. Now the Girlfriend has a different opinion altogether.

When I was a kid, we had two channels and they were local and terrible. When cable came along it was like walking out of the desert into an air conditioned (that's another story itself) room. I'd hook it up intravenously if I could. I just block out the channels I don't need.

I am old enough to remember a time before television, when it was a treat to sit down and listen to the radio on a cold wet winters night.

LeEnfield said:
I am old enough to remember a time before television, when it was a treat to sit down and listen to the radio on a cold wet winters night.

That's the way I wish it was now adays. I remember when I was a kid, everyone was out side playing stickball, riding bikes and playing backyard football. Now it's TV, playstation and the internet 24/7. It seems Kids won't walk 250 yards down the street to a freinds house.

LeEnfield said:

I don't know which shows you guys had but my favorites were, Howdy Doody, Gunsmoke, Cisco Kid (and Pancho), and the Inner Sanctum which scared the bejeebers out of me. But there were so many others, Fibber McGee and Molly and Amos & Andy. They really gave your imagination a workout.

i got the good ole rabbit ears on my tv set, and i dont really give a shit, i spend more time either playing video games on the tv with my friends, or not even at home so why should i care whats happening on channel so and so when we're cruisin for chicks :rambo:

Radio was good when that's all we had but I can remember going downtown to look at the TVs in the store window and dream of maybe dad buying one and then that magic day he did! I was a devoted Musketeer fan and many other shows became eagerly awaited moments of the day. However, as I am also the son of an English teacher you can bet I read alot too.

As for today's TV, well I like my sci fi and have since Forbidden Planet days. The History Channel, Military Channel, and the Discovery Channels are enjoyed. The only show on network TV I watch regularly now is NCIS. The wife likes her cooking shows and those home building/fixing/swapping shows.

I remember listen to a radio programme all about Special Agents till it got banned as being to violent, now just how can a radio programme be to violent. My how life has changed

Charge 7 said:
The wife likes her cooking shows and those home building/fixing/swapping shows.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Those shows are the bane of my exsistance. I wonder if they realize how much work and money they cost me.

If I could have one room remain the same for 6 months I could be happy.

I can deal without most of the channels. The ones I watch the most are the History Channel, and Discovery Channel. Other than that I'm on the computer, reading, running, biking, or, rarely, I'll play some video games.

03USMC said:
Charge 7 said:
The wife likes her cooking shows and those home building/fixing/swapping shows.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Those shows are the bane of my exsistance. I wonder if they realize how much work and money they cost me.

If I could have one room remain the same for 6 months I could be happy.

You and me both, 03 :roll:

We have Austar or Foxtel down here (Australia) both are very much the same. When we moved to Tassie we got Austar put on but to tell you the truth now that we dont have it anymore I dont really miss it. Its either watch 100 channels of crap or watch 5 channels of crap. At the end of the day crap is crap.

Back