Can you live without Cable TV? - Page 2

View Poll Results :Can you live without cable TV?
No, but I could live without most channels 5 27.78%
Yes 12 66.67%
No, I NEED TV!!!! 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

July 29th, 2005  
Missileer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeEnfield
I am old enough to remember a time before television, when it was a treat to sit down and listen to the radio on a cold wet winters night.
I don't know which shows you guys had but my favorites were, Howdy Doody, Gunsmoke, Cisco Kid (and Pancho), and the Inner Sanctum which scared the bejeebers out of me. But there were so many others, Fibber McGee and Molly and Amos & Andy. They really gave your imagination a workout.
July 29th, 2005  
FutureDevilDog

Man, you guys are old.
July 30th, 2005  
rotc boy

i got the good ole rabbit ears on my tv set, and i dont really give a shit, i spend more time either playing video games on the tv with my friends, or not even at home so why should i care whats happening on channel so and so when we're cruisin for chicks
--
Boots
July 30th, 2005  
Charge 7

Radio was good when that's all we had but I can remember going downtown to look at the TVs in the store window and dream of maybe dad buying one and then that magic day he did! I was a devoted Musketeer fan and many other shows became eagerly awaited moments of the day. However, as I am also the son of an English teacher you can bet I read alot too.

As for today's TV, well I like my sci fi and have since Forbidden Planet days. The History Channel, Military Channel, and the Discovery Channels are enjoyed. The only show on network TV I watch regularly now is NCIS. The wife likes her cooking shows and those home building/fixing/swapping shows.
July 31st, 2005  
LeEnfield

I remember listen to a radio programme all about Special Agents till it got banned as being to violent, now just how can a radio programme be to violent. My how life has changed
July 31st, 2005  
03USMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charge 7
The wife likes her cooking shows and those home building/fixing/swapping shows.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Those shows are the bane of my exsistance. I wonder if they realize how much work and money they cost me.

If I could have one room remain the same for 6 months I could be happy.
July 31st, 2005  
C/2nd Lt Robot

I can deal without most of the channels. The ones I watch the most are the History Channel, and Discovery Channel. Other than that I'm on the computer, reading, running, biking, or, rarely, I'll play some video games.
July 31st, 2005  
Charge 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03USMC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charge 7
The wife likes her cooking shows and those home building/fixing/swapping shows.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Those shows are the bane of my exsistance. I wonder if they realize how much work and money they cost me.

If I could have one room remain the same for 6 months I could be happy.
You and me both, 03
August 1st, 2005  
Tibs

I can live without the crappy cable here in HK.
August 1st, 2005  
LIPS

We have Austar or Foxtel down here (Australia) both are very much the same. When we moved to Tassie we got Austar put on but to tell you the truth now that we dont have it anymore I dont really miss it. Its either watch 100 channels of crap or watch 5 channels of crap. At the end of the day crap is crap.