Can I join US Reserves if I have Panic Disorder?

D3rpyDerps

A few years ago I began having panic attacks I had anywhere from 2-5 panic attacks a day I went months without medication and began having sucidal thoughts and that's when I was finally given medication to help with my anxiety

I don't remember what drugs they gave me pacificly but I do know they gave me anti-depression pills I was prescribed them and took them for 1 or 2 months and then I stoped taking them It has been around 3 or 4 years now and I rarely have panic attacks now usually once or twice a year

I still get a little anxious alot of times but not to the point of breaking down and panicing I'm not willing to lie either I'd rather not have them dig it up and learned I lied to them

Last edited:
Hi! You won't be able to lie to them even if you try.Everyone who join army is examined by experienced doctors. I know a person who experienced panic attacks and I would give you advice to regularly attend psychologist until you feel that you can control yourself. Of course, the requirements for reserves aren't so strict but still you need to take care of your mental health before joining the army.

Back