Can I join the French Foreign Legion?

Halkias

I am a 17 year old Male, I reside in the United States. I was convicted of a sex offense, (1st degree felony), when I was 14. I have been denied into the US Military already, and as far as I can tell, I don't have a future. I am willing to go through hell and back, for something to be proud of. Am I able to join the Foreign Legion?

*Note: I am highly regretful of my past, I don't want to be reminded of how bad of a person I am, thank you.

I am a 17 year old Male, I reside in the United States. I was convicted of a sex offense, (1st degree felony), when I was 14. I have been denied into the US Military already, and as far as I can tell, I don't have a future. I am willing to go through hell and back, for something to be proud of. Am I able to join the Foreign Legion?

*Note: I am highly regretful of my past, I don't want to be reminded of how bad of a person I am, thank you.

The French Foreign Legion can pick and choose who they want as recruits. Your felony makes it much harder for them to pick you. I am not certain, but I think the French Embassy in Canada handles all affairs regarding the legion in your part of the world. They can answer your questions. But be prepared for a "No"

If I simply take a flight to France, and knock at a recruitment center and prove myself, is there a chance that my past can be overlooked?

Back