Can you identify this ribbon?

HD_Rider

Hello all,
Attached is a close up of a ribbon that I can not find any examples of. Must be looking in the wrong places.
Its the second from left on the bottom row, the yellow and blue striped one.What do I have here?Thanks for looking, Bob

cf0ad97f.jpg

Hello all,
Attached is a close up of a ribbon that I can not find any examples of. Must be looking in the wrong places.
Its the second from left on the bottom row, the yellow and blue striped one.What do I have here?Thanks for looking, Bob

cf0ad97f.jpg

Well you have me beat, I have seen a number of National Guard ones that are similar but not the same, do you have a picture of the entire set?

In the UK the Oak Leaf usually means you have been mentioned in Dispatches for doing some out of the ordinary.

Having had a trawl through the internet I found the Idaho National Guard Reenlistment Ribbon that matched that one

Last edited:
Jesus christ, you guys have a Reenlistment Ribbon?
Well I'm sorry I can´t take it seriously.
A ribbon should be something you've earned.

NP8901.......You should read through some of the things you can get a medal in the US. You can have a chestful and never heard a shot fired in anger in your whole service. By the way the chap earned for reenlisting

Shown below is the full set of ribbons. You can tell he had impressive career. A veteran of WWII and Korea.
I have been able to identify all but the ribbon in question from the typical internet sites.
Thanks for your help. Bob

879d3d38.jpg

I only have the one ribbon from N.I. It looks quite lonely on its own come Remembrance day parades when you see the youngsters with chestfuls.

This is true, I have only got two proper medals.
But four in total.
We Brits are slowly turning into bling hunters, what with Jubilee medals, two types of accumulated service medals, and talks about National Defence Medals.
What ever next, wound medals, and I crossed the big ocean medal.

We had a chap in our Association who had two medals both GSM who spent 12 years on active service and he clasps for Malaya/Borneo/ Suez/Cyprus/Radfan/ NI/ UAR/ Aden/Belize and he was a major in the RA

I thought it may be Italian as he was Chief of staff of the Southern European Task Force in but again could find nothing like it.

Jesus christ, you guys have a Reenlistment Ribbon?
Well I'm sorry I can´t take it seriously.
A ribbon should be something you've earned.

National Guard does. It's state issue, NG also has separate service medals and separate state issue decorations and campaign medals. If you have any prior active service and join and then deploy with the guard you can end up looking like a Latin American dictator. It's crazy.

My BS ARNG ribbons

Emergency Service Medal

R903T.png

Desert Storm Service (Retroactive because I already had the Federal Campaign and Service Medals from the USMC ......A gimmie ribbon)

R1159T.png

Retention Recruiting

R1051T.png

State Emegency Ribbon /second award

R1001T.png

5 yr Service Ribbon

R960T.png

Last edited:
There a couple of things that could have happened [1] They changed the style of the ribbon [2] some one got it wrong when they made the ribbon and they issued it any way thinking that no one would notice. Apart from this there is no other ribbon in the US Forces that is any way close to it.

There a couple of things that could have happened [1] They changed the style of the ribbon [2] some one got it wrong when they made the ribbon and they issued it any way thinking that no one would notice. Apart from this there is no other ribbon in the US Forces that is any way close to it.

With it's position in the rack I'm betting it's some kind of foreign award or unit citation.

With it's position in the rack I'm betting it's some kind of foreign award or unit citation.

The two next to it are Korean War ones and the last one in the group I am assuming is a 1939-45 Croix de guerre with bar?

Back