Can Hollywood make a good movie about Iraq?

BRM

During my short stay in the U.S. Army, that was the first thing the drill sargeant *sp* told us as we hit BRM. The stuff you see in the movies is bogus. There is no soldier on the face of the earth that runs around like he has his head chopped off firing wildly, and expects to hit anything. It just doesn't work that way.

North Korean commandos are trained to shoot while running... and they actually manage to do it.
Actually my brother used a BB gun and employing a technique he read about in a book on how Israelis fired their pistols (some kind of Kata style of stance) he was able to hit a lamp at the distance of 20 meters while in a jump after a run.
So although really difficult... it's not impossible.

all those masters are BS ... it doesnt matter if you know 1000 different techniques... only a few of them will work in a fight, whether it be in the street or in a ring. and it doesnt matter if a guy has been practicing it for 40 years, because if he isnt an athelete, then he isnt worth squat.
you can have a master learn all his life get owned by a athelete who learned for a few years.
and when it comes to competition where there are rules, then certain martial arts wont work... like krav maga or philipino knife fighting is worthless in the ring no matter how it is effective on the street (it is) or on the battlefield.

i like jet li and jet li movies are some of my favs, but if you seen the one where he fights tito ortiz, randy couture and chuck liddel, its a joke... they made them like meat headed pro wrestlers... not realistic.

The complicated techniques only work if you're so good at it that the movement becomes absolutely natural.
Like if you had a beginner try the side kick, what's he do? He messes up. But for people who've done it a while, it's as natural as walking. But I personally have much more faith in simple, effective moves.
I've learned 3 martial arts (Aikido, Tae Kwon Do and Krav Maga) and I've always preferred those simple, effective moves. No need to make it any more difficult than it already is. And I've been at martial arts for about 10 years.

Back